Disney World Hot Takes

Boardwalk is an awful resort. Rudest CM's we've ever dealt with.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a must do.
Really?? We've been staying at the BWV since 2006 and we've only had the very best experiences with the CM's there.

Now the one time we ventured over the the Polynesian Villa's was the time we encountered rude and unhelpful CM's.

My hot take is the food at Disney isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've had far fewer bad meals there then I've had trying restaurants at home. Overpriced definitely but not bad.

I also really like Genie + though I understand the feeling that you are now paying for something that was free.

Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park and it isn't even close.
Agree!! I have had some excellent meals at WDW and some good meals but I've never had a meal that was so bad that I wouldn't eat at that restaurant again. For a massive theme park that produces millions of meals I think that WDW does a decent job.

Last edited:
Really?? We've been staying at the BWV since 2006 and we've only had the very best experiences with the CM's there.

Now the one time we ventured over the the Polynesian Villa's was the time we encountered rude and unhelpful CM's.
Yeah. They were the worst. I was floored. The bell services valet guys and front desk were more than rude, they all should be ashamed of themselves and taken out of customer facing positions.

Dole Whip is VERY overrated and the staff at Aloha Island are some of the worst in all of Disney.

The last three times I went I got a Dole Whip and all thee times the people at the counter were rude. (2016,2021, 2923)

And really the Dole Whip is just Ok at best and disappointing in contrast to the hype.

Last edited:

Okay, I’m just gonna say it….
I want the regular juicy burger back at ABC Commissary. I loved their burger and steak fries before they updated the menu. I don’t want the meatless burger (it’s okay for those that do). The new menu is fine but did they have to delete my favorite burger?!

Oooh I love these!

1. Genie+ is better than Fastpass+. I still like the paper ticket system better, but needing to log in and book rides 60 days out was absurd and offered less flexibility.

2. The All Stars are great. Not great for the price, or great as an alternative, but just great. I enjoy the giant theming, the busses and food courts are large enough to handle the crowds, and the new rooms are a good blend of stylish and practical.

3. It was time for Illuminations to go. The middle of the show dragged on for way too long, and fireworks/effect technology had advanced a lot in 20 years.

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge is not in a bad location. It's the same distance to Studios as the MK resorts are to Epcot, and the same distance to Epcot as the MK resorts are to Studios. It gets it's own busses and they run frequently. The only situation where it's a bad location is when going to MK. Still, I wish it had a train over to the AK park.

5. I don't like Old Key West. The resort theming just feels outdated, and is so spread out that it's difficult to get around even with a car. And even though it isn't far from Epcot, the routes to the parks are so indirect that it seems much further.

6. Homecomin is overrated. Trail's End has better fried chicken for a lot less money, and the cheddar drop biscuits are average. The one thing I will say is that the moonshine drinks are good, if not very sweet.

My hot take is the food at Disney isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've had far fewer bad meals there then I've had trying restaurants at home. Overpriced definitely but not bad.
I have fewer bad meals at Disney, but also fewer items that blow me away until you move up to signature dining. The quick service and cheaper table service meals are usually just average.
I also really like Genie + though I understand the feeling that you are now paying for something that was free.

Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park and it isn't even close.
Totally agree with Genie+. It's a close race, but Studios is also my least favorite park. After hitting the big rides, I feel like there's no atmosphere to just enjoy, at least outside of Galaxy's Edge.

I think Ratatouille is overrated. I don't remember it being that big of a hit either. I would have rather had a Beauty & the Beast or Aristocats attraction.
Ratatouille is my favorite Disney movie, full stop. My only complaint about the new expansion is that the restaurant mainly serves crepes and not much else.

I miss all the talent that used to make HS special. Back when the park was young, they had talent that entertained you while you sat and waited for a show. At Indy, there was Rosie and she supposedly “cleaned” the seats. She was hilarious as she interacted with the families that came in early to wait for the next show. She also worked at the Fantasmic theater and did her best to embarrass guests and get us all laughing while we waited. At the Beast theater, there was a sound check routine that was my FAVORITE part of that entire show. We would come early to make sure we saw them. I was heart broken when Disney dropped them. They were an awesome group of musicians and really entertained the waiting crowd.
I also miss the Canadian musicians, Off Kilter. They were fantastic and we always loved to listen to them on every trip.
Disney was horrible to a ton of actors and musicians when they stripped the budget years ago and the parks are less because of it.

Edited to fix typos.
This. I remember a performer at Fantasmic named "Delman". He worked the crowd pre-show and in addition to being very funny, did a few balancing-type acts. He would have the crowd yell, "Don't do it Delman!" when he was adding more chairs to his balancing tower. The last time we saw him was in 2003 and to this day, our family still yells, "Don't do it Delman!" at opportune times. 🥰

Ratatouille is my favorite Disney movie, full stop. My only complaint about the new expansion is that the restaurant mainly serves crepes and not much else.
The inside restaurant is actually quite good, though the service does resemble dining in France as it's at a WAY slower pace than most other restaurants. The Remy restaurant in Paris is really cute though I've heard from reviews it's just meh.

The inside restaurant is actually quite good, though the service does resemble dining in France as it's at a WAY slower pace than most other restaurants. The Remy restaurant in Paris is really cute though I've heard from reviews it's just meh.
I didn't try it, but I also liked the theming of the one in Paris. I know it's a tough reservation to get.

Most of the food at DLP is pretty meh, which is ridiculous with it being in France with so much great food in the area.

I have fewer bad meals at Disney, but also fewer items that blow me away until you move up to signature dining. The quick service and cheaper table service meals are usually just average.

The quick service at Disneyland has always been better - lots of really good choices. I will say, some WDW places have elevated it a bit, like Satu'li is a pretty above-average quick service place. Mostly though, it's not great, but also not "bad" - unless you count the littel round pizzas - those are in fact bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter