Disney World Hot Takes

Don't miss the Ratatouille ride!

Don't bother with Oga's Cantina, the staff was snippy, the drinks were not good and overpriced they make you sit with strangers, it is cramped and felt like a a waste of precious park time. If you MUST go then go first thing, the drinks don't have enough booze to demand after noon attention, if it had a thimble full I'd be shocked lol.

Stop at the Swan Reserve bar Stir, the drinks were mixologist quality and the pizza is outstanding. The restaurant Amare was outstanding as well, worth the drive over, they have valet.

Rise of the Resistance is not as much fun as I thought it would be. I find it overrated.
That would be ours as well. I'm glad we were able to get on it with a very low wait (relatively speaking) I think it was around 30mins or less something like that right after it came back online from breaking down but it's more like okay we know we can skip this ride if the wait is high we'll focus on other stuff instead. It's not that we wouldn't ride it again but we wouldn't pay for access to it or waste valuable park time on it.

Personally I enjoy Smugglers Run more.

(Sorry Dan) I hated Tapestry of Nations. It made it impossible to walk around the World Showcase. We called it the “Lame-o parade” because the music sounded like “lame-o, lame-o lame-o, lame-o lame-o, lame-ooooo!”

I still miss Wishes.

Le Cellier has always been overrated.

Hollywood Studios is the worst park at WDW. That really hurts to say because it was my favorite as a kid but unfortunately it's how I feel about it these days.
Why do you feel that way?

Thinking on it, the place is in the middle of an identity crisis. The older side really is in dire need of updating, it feels a bit neglected and oh so drab and boring BUT on the other hand the Star Wars part of it was amazing. We ate at Brown Derby, it was the best of the mediocre. It's like one half is new and shiny Cinderella and the other half her homely step sisters.

Sebastian's Bistro is awful and not a fan of the Beach Club and all the people in wet bathing suits sitting on furniture in the lobby (too specific?).

I too like Genie+. Once we got the hang of it we found it easy to use.

My Hot Take: Rise of the Resistance is not as much fun as I thought it would be. I find it overrated.
I agree with ROTR...very disappointing that the ride is hardly ever working properly. In the many times I have ridden it I can only count on one hand how many times the ride worked the way it was built to.

Thinking on it, the place is in the middle of an identity crisis. The older side really is in dire need of updating, it feels a bit neglected and oh so drab and boring BUT on the other hand the Star Wars part of it was amazing. We ate at Brown Derby, it was the best of the mediocre. It's like one half is new and shiny Cinderella and the other half her homely step sisters.
Extremely underbuilt, almost impossible to visit these days without buying any form of skip the line, lackluster theming (looking at Toy Story Land specifically), dated shows and it's overall not a place I enjoy visiting anymore. I'm an AP but I haven't visited Hollywood Studios in over a year. It doesn't appeal to me.

Extremely underbuilt, almost impossible to visit these days without buying any form of skip the line, lackluster theming (looking at Toy Story Land specifically) and it's overall not a place I enjoy visiting anymore. I'm an AP but I haven't visited Hollywood Studios in over a year. It doesn't appeal to me anymore.
This is very fair! Studios is still my favourite park though, Tower of Terror is my favourite ride on property, plus I loveeee Fantasmic!

I actually kind of like Genie+
Yeah - it was much better than I had expected.
I did not like paying for it - but it worked well for me - and since I may never bother going back to Disney it was good to get everything done without issue.

Rise of the Resistance is not as much fun as I thought it would be. I find it overrated.
Yeah - I get why people like it but its beyond overrated - Id rather do the old Star Wars ride.

Don't bother with Oga's Cantina, the staff was snippy, the drinks were not good and overpriced they make you sit with strangers, it is cramped and felt like a a waste of precious park time. If you MUST go then go first thing, the drinks don't have enough booze to demand after noon attention, if it had a thimble full I'd be shocked lol.
This was one of the thing I was looking forward to, but its not the bar from the first Star Wars movie.
IMO that (and all of the Star Wars area) is a big missed opportunity - it could have been so much more - I don't care at all about the two suns BS.
Any yeah the drinks and service are not good at all - its just a conveyer belt of people in and out so they don't really have to do much of anything.

Hollywood Studios is the worst park at WDW.
Yeah it's a half day for me - there is very little to do and with RnRC closed there is even less.

Le Cellier has always been overrated.
It was pretty good before the DDP Imo so around 2000 or so - but after that no where near as good as its made out to be.

Hollywood Studios is the worst park at WDW. That really hurts to say because it was my favorite as a kid but unfortunately it's how I feel about it these days.

I think they took the heart out of HS when, one way and another, they removed the movie-making aspects (big and small).

Extremely underbuilt, almost impossible to visit these days without buying any form of skip the line, lackluster theming (looking at Toy Story Land specifically), dated shows and it's overall not a place I enjoy visiting anymore. I'm an AP but I haven't visited Hollywood Studios in over a year. It doesn't appeal to me.
Awww that's sad to hear. I forgot about Toy Story Land, for me it was love at first sight but it was cramped and I did do skip the lines plus it was off season. I guess I can understand the park being a beast to visit in the summer months. Took me 4 years of trips to get into Animal Kingdom when it first opened, I kept getting stuck in the bottle neck through the Oasis and leaving annoyed. To me it is still the worst design ever because all the spokes of the wheel are moats whereas at MK the design is similar but you can find alternate paths around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter