• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Disney world Orlando)First time at a Disney resorts! And since Covid**.. need help

Joshhboss

Earning My Ears
So excited !! But I'm a little nervous as to the fact that Ive never been to Disney before in a way that I get to go to a resort (I'm 35 btw) and on top of that not since Covid. I'm going from Aug 19 until the 21 and I'll be staying at the contemporary resort (not in the tower) but I'm still certain I'll love it. And my daughter as well (she's 13) . So far the most forward thinking thing I've done besides reserve and book the trip was just a dinner reservation at don Shulas steak house. As far as the advantages of being in a resort or other tips and tricks for Disney I'm a bit lost. Fast passes gone? Virtual ques ? Just really I'm sure this thread will be me diving deeper and deeper needing help but really trying to make this memory for my daughter and me.

Make sure you make park reservations for each day you want to go. If you're flying, take advantage of the Magical Express from the airport to the resort. No fast passes, will just need to wait in line. Virtual que for Rise of the Resistance is at 7:00 am which you can do from your resort. If no luck then, try again at 1:00 pm from Hollywood Studios. I would try to grab a reservation for a character meal, you can at least get some pictures of your daughter "with" a character. My kids love the Chef Mickey breakfast, this is located in the Contemporary so that would be nice since you're staying there. Have Fun!!!!

Make sure you make park reservations for each day you want to go. If you're flying, take advantage of the Magical Express from the airport to the resort. No fast passes, will just need to wait in line. Virtual que for Rise of the Resistance is at 7:00 am which you can do from your resort. If no luck then, try again at 1:00 pm from Hollywood Studios. I would try to grab a reservation for a character meal, you can at least get some pictures of your daughter "with" a character. My kids love the Chef Mickey breakfast, this is located in the Contemporary so that would be nice since you're staying there. Have Fun!!!!
The reservations are set for the days while I’m at the resort. I am set to hop on both days I’m there was thinking of Epcot the first day and Hollywood studios the second day. At this moment in time on those days will there be any perks that my resort stay would be helpful with.? Perhaps Disney hours or magic hours is it. I have to make a reservation to chef Mickey’s if I’m not mistaken right (even for breakfast). After hopping the first time to let’s say Epcot.? Would we be able to hop back ? I want everything to be perfect and don’t want to be in a situation where we don’t do something marvelous. Really working on Not having a “what do we do next” situation

If you have regular tickets (not park hoppers) you may re-enter the park you went to earlier in the day. If you have park hoppers added to your ticket you can go anywhere after 2 pm provided you went to the park you reserved earlier in the day.
Were you not able to get a Magic Kingdom reservation? I didn’t see you list that and staying at the Contemporary you are right next door to walk in, not to mention, I feel for most people especially it’s the most must do.
As far as Chef Mickeys, that is an excellent idea, but I’m hoping you have the Disney app on your phone. Get it and get right on trying to get a reservation, it may be too late, but with continual checking, you can probably snag one, including checking when you are there. Not sure how walk up there works, but if all else fails, ask them and they will sometimes be able to get you in, but it’s a wait. But since you’re there anyway.
You want to get to the park way before it opens. Try to get there at least another 1/2 hour , but 45 minutes is better before that since they sometimes let you in early, or let you advance farther into the park. Transportation can take time if taking a bus, so consider that and bus lines.
Confused yet? Ha ha you’ll never get it all that quick even with a crash course. Just as in all of life, do the best you can and learn from it for the next trip!
Oh and we haven’t even gotten into mobile ordering quick service food yet! But you’re going to want to eat, so look into that. Try to anticipate a little when you may want to eat because it’s not just Bam I ordered and it’s ready, it can still be a good wait. You can order much earlier if that easier for you, or get it ready and then send later. Just study up.
If you are driving around at home or for work I suggest listening to some Disney podcasts and their most recent shows to further educate easier.

Last edited:

I was also thinking of throwing in things like maybe at the end of friday night to try and go to splitsville to bowl and have dinner.. try and get little experiences all over disney.. still looking into all the possible things i could do.

You’ve got to reserve a lane for that I think. Also they have pony rides at FT wilderness which you have a boat at your place to take over. Not sure how those work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter