Disney World Personal Shopper - Gift Bag FAIL!

I have been a lurker on the boards for a LONG time and felt the need to speak up. I have been following these shoppers since the beginning. The business is run by 2 sisters ( so if one was sick there was another) plus they have recently hired some other people. There have been ALOT of complaints about people getting no response after sending money. I don't want to imply that they don't give the money back-I don't know that. Any complaints listed on their Facebook page are deleted by them. Any questions about how long things take to get delivered by them (sometimes months apparently) are deleted. I have also seen some people get their things and everything went well. I think they have grown way to big and have a hard time keeping up! So sorry about your experience. I agree with others post your story for others to see because pulling up their page isn't giving people accurate info because they controll the page.

I did try posting to her Facebook page and, as previously noted, my posts were deleted and I was blocked from further posts.

Interesting to note that the block happened almost instantaneously. Pretty close monitoring of a FB page for a gal who can't manage to check her email daily in order to properly communicate with a customer for whom she missed a delivery deadline. :rolleyes:

I've posted this in multiple message boards, Facebook groups, and blogs and in every location the responses indicate that I am just one in a long line of folks this company has treated poorly.

Disney World Personal Shopper is not a company that values it's customers.

OMG!
I had an incident with this one too.

I wanted to purchase a pair of the Run Disney Sneakers that were only being sold during the Marathons or at The Expo.
I was researching how to order a pair without having to drive 3 hours to Orlando.
On one of the blogs it gave the email address for this Amy person.
I sent her an email asking if she could get me a pair.
It took her well over 24 hours to respond. The email came thru at like 3am.
She tells me yes she can get them for me. The cost of the sneakers plus 30% fee and shipping.
I really wanted them so I told her Ok she said to send her my paypal info and she would charge me and send them out.

I sent her the info back. Once again it took her a while to respond again at like 3am.
She says sorry she is not taking anymore orders. BUT she told me she would send them.
She is a terrible business person to deal with, just awful.
I ended up getting them on Ebay and for about the same price she would have charged.

Anyway, I have some updated info. The bag did arrive...two days after it was supposed to and so late in the evening that none of the trading pins could be used until the following day - more than halfway through their trip. Sadly in order to determine this and because Amy at Disney Personal Shopper wasn't responding to my emails, I also had to reveal myself as the surprise gift giver rather than allowing it to be an anonymous surprise from Mickey & Minnie as I wanted. Very disappointing to have that magic spoiled.

Once she had delivered the bag, she finally responded to me with a snarky email stating that she fulfilled her obligation, the bag she delivered made their trip "special", and also stated that she does not regularly check her business email so I apparently had no right to expect daily communication. What a terrible business person and what abominable customer service.

You know, I could almost excuse the late delivery if something BIG had happened that was an issue for the the lady delivering the bag (like if she had a medical emergency) but even in that case I would have expected a LOT of communication from her and some sort of discount, extra or something to compensate for her not doing what she had been paid to do when she had promised.

However, once she stated that you shouldn't expect good communication because she doesn't check her email daily, that would be a huge red flag for me that she wasn't serious about wanting to run her business in a way that makes her customers happy.

I would definitely post on her facebook page and on Yelp.

You know, I could almost excuse the late delivery if something BIG had happened that was an issue for the the lady delivering the bag (like if she had a medical emergency) but even in that case I would have expected a LOT of communication from her and some sort of discount, extra or something to compensate for her not doing what she had been paid to do when she had promised.

However, once she stated that you shouldn't expect good communication because she doesn't check her email daily, that would be a huge red flag for me that she wasn't serious about wanting to run her business in a way that makes her customers happy.

I would definitely post on her facebook page and on Yelp.

Hmm, I should try that excuse on for size here at my job and see how that goes over? :rolleyes:

There is no excuse for that type of response from a business owner. When I ran my business, I made sure my deliveries took place on time even if I was ill. I found someone to make the delivery or I went myself.

It is this type of behavior that really hurts the small business owner.

There is no excuse for that type of response from a business owner. When I ran my business, I made sure my deliveries took place on time even if I was ill. I found someone to make the delivery or I went myself.

It is this type of behavior that really hurts the small business owner.

Posts like this one almost make you wanna go back in the business huh Peggy?;)

Posts like this one almost make you wanna go back in the business huh Peggy?;)

Pat, I miss the creative side of the business and seeing you on a regular basis. Don't miss anything else! lol!

Peg, you did a few baskets for me when you had your business and they were beautiful, delivered as promised, and you were amazing to deal with and I recommended you to many because you earned it!! :thumbsup2

Are you sure we can't convince you to get back in the game and beat the pants off people like these women with your stellar service??? Please???

Peg, you did a few baskets for me when you had your business and they were beautiful, delivered as promised, and you were amazing to deal with and I recommended you to many because you earned it!! :thumbsup2

Are you sure we can't convince you to get back in the game and beat the pants off people like these women with your stellar service??? Please???

Thank you! You are very sweet, but that ship has sailed. I'm getting too old and would rather spend the rest of my "golden" years enjoying WDW on my terms! The fact that you enjoyed my work means a great deal to me!

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if there is a shopper you would recommended? I have been looking for one with not much luck. I need to have some things shipped to me!

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if there is a shopper you would recommended? I have been looking for one with not much luck. I need to have some things shipped to me!

Kelly's PDS. I can recommend her. She was great for our trip as well as Memories By Betsy.

I have used Memories by Betsy since our first trip in 2007.
She is fantastic and I can't say enough nice things about her.
It is more of a gift basket business.

For shopping that ships I think Josh's girlfriend from EasyWDW has started up a business.

Yeah, I did business with this person before. She said that all the items I ordered couldn't go in one box, so it would have to be two (I already paid shipping along with the purchase). She told this to me after she sent the and told me I had to re-imburse her for the money she spend doing that. Well, we got the boxes and she could have put more in one box. I really don't know what she was going on about. She also got me the wrong poster I had ordered.
She said that she could refund the money for that but I would have to pay the shipping to send it back to her!!
I don't know what is in her mind but, it is just not good business sense.

In the end I chalked up that I paid her nothing for that extra box since she messed up on my order. I then gave it to my cousin.

I sure wish there are other people that did the same thing, as I'd like to get magic bands before we get there (the character ones)

These women are known con-artists. One (mentioned here) has a felony record in NC (available for public viewing) for armed robbery
They are now on youtube living off of pateron-money sending them on cruise after cruise with the promise of "you will get a handwritten postcard from each cruise we take". Really? How sweet of you.
They are being tripped up on their layers of lies by commenters of their videos.

Their backstory? Let's just say, they are a real piece of work. BUYER BEWARE!!!! Don't turn into that old story grandpa used to tell of "A fool and his money are soon parted."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter