Disney world pro seeking Disneyland hotel advice

HerzerHerrick

Mouseketeer
So I frequent Disneyworld often and knows the ins and outs. I have long wanted to do Disneyland and recently scored some round trip tickets out of Orlando for 135 a person. I usually do the Value resorts because I am a rope drop to close type of Disney goer. I am looking for a cheaper side hotel because all I need is a shower and a bed. I would prefer it be in either walkable or have a shuttle. I've heard the hotels around Disneyland can be hit or miss. Also want to make sure its safe because I will have my 8 year old and 6 year old with me. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
So I frequent Disneyworld often and knows the ins and outs. I usually do the Value resorts because I am a rope drop to close type of Disney goer. I am looking for a cheaper side hotel because all I need is a shower and a bed. I would prefer it be in either walkable or have a shuttle. I've heard the hotels around Disneyland can be hit or miss. Also want to make sure its safe because I will have my 8 year old and 6 year old with me. Any suggestions?

If you stay along Harbor Blvd. It is generally very safe with lots of fellow guests walking around, even after a late-night close. You may see some panhandlers but they generally don't bother anybody.

I can't speak for which hotels are better than others. I usually satay at the Hilton Anaheim (near the convention center), but I work for Hilton. The walk is a little longer than some would like, but you can walk over to the Toy Story parking lot to ride the shuttle too (I don't think it's worth it, but some do). If you want to stay really close, the Tropicana that is right across the street from the gate is decent enough. The HoJo just North of that I know has a great pool setup. These may cost a little more due to proximity, but will be cheaper than the on-site hotels.

So I frequent Disneyworld often and knows the ins and outs. I have long wanted to do Disneyland and recently scored some round trip tickets out of Orlando for 135 a person. I usually do the Value resorts because I am a rope drop to close type of Disney goer. I am looking for a cheaper side hotel because all I need is a shower and a bed. I would prefer it be in either walkable or have a shuttle. I've heard the hotels around Disneyland can be hit or miss. Also want to make sure its safe because I will have my 8 year old and 6 year old with me. Any suggestions?
Im a solo international female and I stay on Harbour Boulevard. I ma very budget conscious so I usually pick whichever one is the cheapest for my particular date. I use Google Maps, and just start at Howard Johnsons and work my way down until I find the cheapest. In January 2022 I stayed at Tropicana and in June 2022 and June 2023 I stayed at Desert Inn and Suites.

I usually stay in the parks until late and I have no issues walking back to where I am staying.

Theres a huge amount of walkers leaving the parks from about 9pm onwards, so much so that people are still crossing the road when the traffic lights turn green and the cars have to wait for all the people to cross.

Yes there are homeless in the area, yes there are people selling water and other items at the pedestrian entrance but they dont bother people.

I timed the walk from my room at Desert Inn and Suites and it was 7 minutes from my room to the bag check security.

Desert Inn and Suites have a grab and go basic breakfast included in the rate. Tropicana has a coffee shop convenience store on property.

Desert Inn and Suites rooms are a big bigger, I had two double beds, compared to Tropicana where I had a double bed and a sofa bed.

Desert Inn and Suites has an indoor pool, Tropicana has an outdoor pool.

Both have laundry facilities and Desert Inn and Suites has vending machines.

My friend and I stayed at The Anaheim Hotel on Harbor and it was great. We are rope drop to close (sometimes with a small nap break!) and just need the basics. It was about a 6-8 minute walk and we felt safe as two females walking back from the park between 12-1am every night/morning. We did see a few homeless men walking but they honestly had no idea anyone else was around and didn't attempt to try to bother anyone. I liked that The Anaheim Hotel had security standing outside and in the parking lot area a lot of the times we were walking through and they were super friendly.

The hotel itself was basic but nice. Felt a little older with cosmetic updates to the mid-century modern look. Everything clean with housekeeping every other day. We had a first floor room and a huge fenced in private patio with lounge chairs and a table/umbrella combo. The pool is huge and the hot tub was great. The grounds are beautiful and there are oversized yard games out. It's also fun to walk out of your room and see Guardians right there. We will definitely stay there again!

I recommend Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel. It has a shuttle and rooms are large and pool is nice. It is a little bit of a walk but I honestly like it because its a peaceful walk to DTD where I normally find the security lines to not be so bad and I can scan in at the Monorail if I want. Often at night we take a Lyft back to the hotel from the Grand Californian and it is usually between $5 and $10 max. Have a great trip and be sure to use our recourses of all our knowledge of Disneyland in these threads.

We usually stay at the Best Western Park Place right across the street from the entrance. It is safe, clean and has a free breakfast which saves us $ and precious morning time in the parks. Walk is the shortest you can get (by the time you've walked to the shuttle area, you're almost there) and I would recommend it. This year we're staying at their sister hotel a couple of doors down (Best Western Anaheim Inn) which I understand to be comparable. Personally I find a shuttle to be a pain so we go for the shortest walk option.

Park Vue is one of our go-to’s when it’s all about open to close. Nothing like that short walk right outside the gates. I have stayed there as a solo female traveller as well as with my kids.

Park Vue is one of our go-to’s when it’s all about open to close. Nothing like that short walk right outside the gates. I have stayed there as a solo female traveller as well as with my kids.
I will second the recommendation for Park Vue Inn. Another plus for Park Vue Inn is that they have rooms with a queen bed for you and a bunk bed for your 6 and 8 year old so they won't have to share a bed. Queen/bunk room is generally the same price as the 2 queen room. They don't have an elevator so if your 6 year old will be using a stroller just make sure you ask for a 1st floor room. I have never had an issue getting one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter