Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

I assume you're using an AP. The CM I'm chatting with INSISTS that people being able to book more than 14 days TOTAL (across all resort reservations) is a glitch. He says, "So the people who get more than 14 days are experiencing a glitch, It's officially 14 days. We cannot gaurentee those extra ones won't fall off once the system gets the chance to review that. "
So who knows. I read it like we'd be able to book park reservations for ALL days of our resort stays.

This had better not be the case. With DVC and APs we have multiple reservations booked. We were only able to book 13 days and have not covered all of our reservations. When you have to make DVC reservations at 11 months out, you book them. This is just not cool!

My entitled self says "We didn't buy Platinum+ APs to be limited on the number of visits that we can have."

I'm so happy! The dining reservation trick worked for me and I was able to get Park Pass reservations for each of the 5 days in our July 13th, 2020 trip. However, I was not able to get the Thanksgiving trip even though both trips are DVC member points trips with annual passes. I'll keep trying for that one. It says we have reached our maximum number of park passes which shouldn't be if we have resort reservations.

Another interesting note, I was able to get Park Pass for my CM daughter who we are all assuming will be blocked out for the foreseeable future. We'll see if that happens. Thank you all for sharing your experience and advice. Do you think I need to call about the Thanksgiving trip or wait and see if they fix that? Are they working on that particular problem?
Double check that the trip is in your MDE. The DVC cast member I talked to noticed mine wasn't and mentioned sometimes they don't auto load onto it.

For what it's worth, I'm an AP holder with two reservations at the Swan--one for 6 days/5 nights over Labor Day, one for 4 days/3 nights over New Year's Eve. The system is only letting me make 3 park reservations total.

I also tweeted them this morning about the issues and I now have a $20 gift card in my email, so there is that, they obviously know there are issues but instead of actually replying to me they are trying to win me over with free money.

Was able to make park reservations for all 8 days in August - logging in through Dining. That was the only way I could log in . Once in, it was very easy, took me about 3 minutes to make park reservations for 8 people for 8 days.

Wow what people are saying cm’s are telling them appears true but seems so wrong about 14 days and ap’s. I booked 14 for my august res and then couldn’t book any for my September (was getting the at my limit message) , I went back in my august res and canceled two of the park pass days and bingo I could then book 2 days on my 12 days September res but that is it, then began getting the limit message again. Big problem Disney , you said resort reservations would be able to book for their length of stay! Ugh

At least you hit 14. I hit my limit at 7 and I need 9. ridiculous. Seems so random.

update - didnt work - gotta try to get on with DVC again - do we think days will hit max today?

Thank you everyone on this thread. What a long, painful morning. I'm on the west coast and set my alarm for 3:55. I've been up on and off since then all night trying to get in. I missed the open announcement update by about 20 minutes. I tried multiple times getting in on Safari and Chrome with the dining trick, but kept getting the white screen of death every time I hit the park reservations button. I finally got my exhausted a** out of bed and used my desktop iMac which also has firefox on it. I had to wait about 2 minutes with the falcon screen to get to dining, but once I signed in (and cancelled the dining reservation), this time when I hit park reservations from my the upper right menu it took me right to the park reservations. I was able to make my five days spread out over two Run Disney events (Princess and Star Wars in 2021). I'm DVC and happened to have two 5-day tickets from our cancelled 2020 Star Wars race. I wasn't able to get all days of our trip, but just the main (non-travel) days. I hope when I finally use the ticket it doesn't cancel the next reservation, but I hope Disney IT will have things figured out by February. They really suck. Really.

My Macbook was useless this morning. I tried both Chrome and Safari and just got the doomed Space Mt / Castle screens of death.

Switched to my son's super powerful Alienware Windows based laptop and got straight in using the dining login trick. Maybe this system doesn't play well with Apple? :confused3
My phone is what got me through. I was on the computer and the phone and the phone took me to log in. I had a spare phone to wait on the cast member via phone so I had disboards, 2 phones and a computer going. lol After 3 1/2 hrs I am done. I thought it would be noon before I would get anywhere. My frustration was high like everyone else but it all worked out. I hope it goes that way for as many people as possible:flower1:

I can’t get in. I’ve tried it all and I’m stuck in the stupid orbit. I’m at a loss. I just want to cry.
Open another browser (e.g. chrome plus incognito) and retry retry retry. That was the only way I got in was trying with multiple browsers across two computers until one popped open.

Is there any point in keeping the window open when the screen goes white with just the footers showing ie help&guest services after the space mountain screen?

Open another browser (e.g. chrome plus incognito) and retry retry retry. That was the only way I got in was trying with multiple browsers across two computers until one popped open.
I’ve been doing that but it just sends me straight to orbit. Not even a countdown anymore.

This had better not be the case. With DVC and APs we have multiple reservations booked. We were only able to book 13 days and have not covered all of our reservations. When you have to make DVC reservations at 11 months out, you book them. This is just not cool!

My entitled self says "We didn't buy Platinum+ APs to be limited on the number of visits that we can have."

I certainly hope he was wrong and that whatever glitch that isn't allowing us to book for more than one of our resort stays is fixed ASAP. We have 24 resort days booked so far, and need to book another 13 or so as soon as 2021 resort reservations open back up.

I have 2 reservations: DVC points with family in September 5 nights and Swan for 3 nights with friends in November. I was only trying to book parks for my September trip with my family. After 3 park reservations, I could book for everyone in my party except myself. Thinking the glitch has to do with my Swan reservation and I wish I could "unlink" it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter