Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Is everyone still on the screen with Orbit and message or has it changed? Should I manually refresh?
Don't refresh the orbit screen, just gotta wait it out, it usually takes me 30 min or so (I've had to go back in a lot hoping to fix other problems)

Thanks for sharing this! I honestly feel so bad for the CMs on the phone needing to deal with this. The CM I was talking to said they were told the specifics (and not really even that many specifics) this morning only. She said this was giving her flashbacks to when FP+ was first released.

Yeah the poor woman just sounded defeated. I could tell they're incredibly overwhelmed.

Is everyone still on the screen with Orbit and message or has it changed? Should I manually refresh?

Yup everything's still "being magically enhanced" I believe was the phrase earlier.

I finally got through and managed to get 3 days booked before getting kicked out. Trying to get back in again.............
And one of those 3 days I got is with my husband who has a regular ticket while I've got AP's. Took a bit to get that one to go through. He wanted to join me for 2 days and wanted one of those days to be DHS so I went for that one first.
The message that popped up said we had to have the same type of ticket media for me to book it. I ended up doing them separately but at least it worked.

I go to this page and I see a calendar but no colors that say anything is open, closed, or some parks available.

Right now, only people with park reservations can book... so click on ‘Disney Resort Guests’ and you’ll see what’s still available. What month do you need?

I was not able to get any park reservations - tried since 7am and it looks like all dates are booked through 2021. So sad and upset -- just wanted 4 park days for a 7 day trip for one person.

I think you’re just getting a glitch... I can’t imagine everything for the next 15 months is gone already. Keep checking back as people will be able to modify, too, and availability may be added down the road. This is just day 1 and it’s still early yet.

Well that was a wasted almost 2 hours. Their advice "keep trying" everythign looks fine on their end but they put a ticket in. My DH said they should easily be able to manually enter the reservations also.

I go to this page and I see a calendar but no colors that say anything is open, closed, or some parks available.
You need to look under the resort guests tab, AP and ticket holders are not available yet

What's the consensus on resort reservation holders who don't have tickets? Do we have to wait until June 28 to buy tickets to make reservations? What if our days are all books during our reserved stay? That'd be messed up.

I have one person of my party of three without tickets. I was able to get in around 9:40am and book parks. I tried to add my person without a ticket on one day just to see what happened--you get an error message with the person without ticket (their avatar with a ? shows) you can click on that person and it will tell you they don't have a ticket.

My trip is Nov and I'm hoping they allow me to buy a ticket and I can hopefully get them park days. We'll see. I wasn't as concerned when all the news said only DVC hotels and FW was open for rest of year. Then yesterday they said all the other resorts (most anyway) were opening up, which makes me think it's going to get harder to get park days. :(

After 2 hours on hold with MDE technical support, I was told that that the override to make park reservations by phone is no longer working. I have 11/20 and 4/21 DVC reservations and an AP (expires 12/20 but renewal certificate that expires 12/21) but could only book 3 of the 5 days of my 11/20 trip. I used Chrome in incognito mode and my resort stays & APs are listed properly in MDE. I was told that they are well aware of the DVC/AP issue and are currently working on it and maybe that's why the phone override no longer works. It might be fixed by later today.

Last edited:
This!!!! I am a developer too, and I can't believe they didn't unit test someone having multiple reservations! And the site crashing like this? I get there are a lot of people going on at once, but TicketMaster also has a lot of people flooding it when there is a big concert that just released tickets, and they don't have these kind of issues. It's just inexcusable.

I work in IT and this smells an awful lot like somebody didn't put together a thorough enough test plan.

Don't refresh the orbit screen, just gotta wait it out, it usually takes me 30 min or so (I've had to go back in a lot hoping to fix other problems)
I've been in orbit for about 45 minutes now.

Although you can't make Park Pass reservations on the smartphone app, you can see as well as cancel existing Park Passes there, in the "My Plans" section. If you're also still in the Park Pass system on your browser, hopefully you should then be able to add the park you want.

Yes. I did it when I realized I was only getting 3 days with my AP. I had to 'back' and then eventually found the ability to select myself and cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter