Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

UPDATE: Success on our "No Park Available" Booking Issue!! Yes I said SUCCESS!! This may work for you.

Reading some other forum members discussing what CM had to do to get their MDE to work, I decided to try modifying our non-activated DVC AP Voucher status myself. Both DW and I have non-activated DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 in our individual MDE's. Earlier today I created DW's own MDE trying to fix this issue, which didn’t yet solve the problem. At least DW is slowly moving up the tech ladder even though I am pulling all the strings behind the curtain.

First I tried to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE, but it wouldn't let me because it said I had Fast Pass + Reservations linked to it. Strange, but I went in and cancelled my one and only Park Pass, which I guess MDE sees as a FP+ assignment. Then and only then was I able to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE. So far so good.

Then I went and experimented with booking lots of Park Passes. It worked! Then I went into DW’s MDE, and tried to transfer the non-activated AP Vouchers to my MDE. But again I was blocked since I now had Park Passes (ergo FP+ assignments). What to do, what to do? I needed to get both non-activated AP Vouchers off of our MDE’s somehow in order to proceed with both of us getting Park Passes.

Thought about ‘Reassigning’ the DVC Vouchers to one of my daughters. But as we all know, Family and DVC doesn’t always mix well! Vaguely remembered someone on a forum had said they created a dummy MDE account to move tickets to for future assignment. I used an old Apple@me.com email to create the dummy MDE account. I always wanted a son, and now I have a ‘Tommy Jr.’ dummy MDE account with a Jack-Jack Avatar! Our non-activated DVC AP Vouchers successfully ‘Reassigned’ to the dummy account, and they still show that I can ‘Reassign’ them back to us when needed.

Then I was able to easily book 15 Park Day Passes for our Oct, Dec and Jan trips using our existing DVC Platinum AP valid thru 2/7/21. For our March trip, I was only able to book 4 of the 5 days as the reservation system looked at our remaining 4 NE tickets. Our 1 month bonus ‘Pixie Dust’ AP extension promised by Disney won’t occur until the end of Oct, so then I can book the final 25th Park Day when our AP’s are extended to 3/9/21.

I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry! So if you’re in a similar situation with vouchers or tickets which can be ‘Reassigned’, you might want to try this trick. Otherwise you’ll have to hope WDW IT will fix this soon, and/or get thru to a CM who will create a ‘Holding Account’ for your vouchers/tickets and hope everything is recoverable. Good luck to you all.
That's great info!! So glad it worked for you!
I've tried to move my AP voucher and it said the same thing. I deleted a few APR's but still have 4 from our July trip, so it wouldn't let me reassign it. I'm too scared to delete the 4 that I have that are perfect. Will definitely give it some thought. Thanks for sharing!

Did you try 800-848-6413?
Thank you so much for this number! I’ve been trying the main number all day when I can and with working a 12 hour day I just haven’t had the time to sit and redial over and over. So I’ve just been on hold now about 10 min. Think they cut off calls at closing time or am I ok as long as I’m now at least in line?

We are going on a 9 day trip at the end of July. We have been trying to add parks to our plans and cannot do it. Is there a trick to this?

thank you

4 hours into the hold I was greeted by a very helpful and polite cast member. She asked for what park we'd like to go to for each day of our stay and gave it over to the IT higher ups and they booked all of our reservations successfully. At last... it's over. At least until they ditch them 2 months in and re introduce park hopping and all of this worry was for nothing.

UPDATE: Success on our "No Park Available" Booking Issue!! Yes I said SUCCESS!! This may work for you.

Reading some other forum members discussing what CM had to do to get their MDE to work, I decided to try modifying our non-activated DVC AP Voucher status myself. Both DW and I have non-activated DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 in our individual MDE's. Earlier today I created DW's own MDE trying to fix this issue, which didn’t yet solve the problem. At least DW is slowly moving up the tech ladder even though I am pulling all the strings behind the curtain.

First I tried to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE, but it wouldn't let me because it said I had Fast Pass + Reservations linked to it. Strange, but I went in and cancelled my one and only Park Pass, which I guess MDE sees as a FP+ assignment. Then and only then was I able to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE. So far so good.

Then I went and experimented with booking lots of Park Passes. It worked! Then I went into DW’s MDE, and tried to transfer the non-activated AP Vouchers to my MDE. But again I was blocked since I now had Park Passes (ergo FP+ assignments). What to do, what to do? I needed to get both non-activated AP Vouchers off of our MDE’s somehow in order to proceed with both of us getting Park Passes.

Thought about ‘Reassigning’ the DVC Vouchers to one of my daughters. But as we all know, Family and DVC doesn’t always mix well! Vaguely remembered someone on a forum had said they created a dummy MDE account to move tickets to for future assignment. I used an old Apple@me.com email to create the dummy MDE account. I always wanted a son, and now I have a ‘Tommy Jr.’ dummy MDE account with a Jack-Jack Avatar! Our non-activated DVC AP Vouchers successfully ‘Reassigned’ to the dummy account, and they still show that I can ‘Reassign’ them back to us when needed.

Then I was able to easily book 15 Park Day Passes for our Oct, Dec and Jan trips using our existing DVC Platinum AP valid thru 2/7/21. For our March trip, I was only able to book 4 of the 5 days as the reservation system looked at our remaining 4 NE tickets. Our 1 month bonus ‘Pixie Dust’ AP extension promised by Disney won’t occur until the end of Oct, so then I can book the final 25th Park Day when our AP’s are extended to 3/9/21.
ys...
I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry! So if you’re in a similar situation with vouchers or tickets which can be ‘Reassigned’, you might want to try this trick. Otherwise you’ll have to hope WDW IT will fix this soon, and/or get thru to a CM who will create a ‘Holding Account’ for your vouchers/tickets and hope everything is recoverable. Good luck to you all.

Congrats on success and awesome overview!!! The rep today tried something similar by creating a dummy but she made a few mistakes and seemed a bit unsure.

You also invalidated the info received from a snarky DVC chat rep today stating DVC members can only reserve 14 park days.

cheers!

LOL I am going to be banished to the back yard for my revision of the lyrics being sung over the past two days of this hold music.

CLANG CLANG!!!!

I am on hold now.
I can't get the system to let me book more than 3 park days with my AP even though I have a 7 night reservation. I was able to book my DD 6 day PH no problem.
I tried doing the chat earlier they couldnt get it to work and gave up.

FINALLY! After 3 1/2 hrs on hold a CM was able to book the last 2 days of my stay. :cool1::banana::cool1:Trinidad tried several different things, spoke to a tech and at last SUCCESS. she's a Godsend.
I called the (407) 939-7917

You need tickets and a WDW reservation linked to MDE to book right now. There are also other places that count like Swan and Dolpjin and a few Disney Spring hotels too.

On June 28th, anyone with tickets can book. AP holders without resort stay can start June 26, but only 3 days at a time.

Thank you so much for this number! I’ve been trying the main number all day when I can and with working a 12 hour day I just haven’t had the time to sit and redial over and over. So I’ve just been on hold now about 10 min. Think they cut off calls at closing time or am I ok as long as I’m now at least in line?
Not sure if they cut them off. I'm at 3:40 holding. They don't close until 11p, so here's hoping!

Finally it is done! On hold almost 3 hours, very nice cm booked our parks, I asked why I couldn’t, she basically didn’t know, but there have been some issues, really people on hold for hours at a time is normal? Many issues! She was very sweet, I even did the survey which I never do. Going to bed, good luck everyone!

So im curious if anyone who had park tickets added to mde prior to the free dining recovery package which needs a min 2 day ticket added has had any luck getting the issue resolved. I feel like its a no win situation because when i called to change my resort to one that isnt closed they were not able to give the 35% discount and take those two day tickets off. A ticket was created by IT for me but im not feeling to hopeful that anything is going to fix this but the removal of those tickets.
The cast member was able to make reservations for the 2 days of tickets for 2 guests because those are tied to the package, but could not make reservations using other tickets for the same guests. I have an AP and my mother has a 7 day PH that was extended because our original reservation was canceled during the closure period. The cast member was great, but could not fix the issue and stated that I would have to wait until APs are allowed to make reservations (which would only give me 5 days, b/c APs can only hold 3 days) and wait until June 28th for my mother as a guest with only theme park tickets. And, yes we have a resort reservation at the Riviera.

I am beyond tired, but I will keep trying later tonight and tomorrow, but no more calling for me. I waited a total of 6 hours and was disconnected from chat and the phone several times.

Yes, I could not take the days off the package - but did get close to the same rate moving from Boardwalk Inn to Riviera, although it is only a tower studio room. Plus, the 30 day cancelation policy is back - which is not stated on the website. Disney website states payment 7 days prior and cancel up to 1 day before for arrivals until October 6th with no cancellation fee.

There are just too many moving parts to this re-opening.

Good luck to you.

The cast member was able to make reservations for the 2 days of tickets for 2 guests because those are tied to the package, but could not make reservations using other tickets for the same guests. I have an AP and my mother has a 7 day PH that was extended because our original reservation was canceled during the closure period. The cast member was great, but could not fix the issue and stated that I would have to wait until APs are allowed to make reservations (which would only give me 5 days, b/c APs can only hold 3 days) and wait until June 28th for my mother as a guest with only theme park tickets. And, yes we have a resort reservation at the Riviera.

I am beyond tired, but I will keep trying later tonight and tomorrow, but no more calling for me. I waited a total of 6 hours and was disconnected from chat and the phone several times.

Yes, I could not take the days off the package - but did get close to the same rate moving from Boardwalk Inn to Riviera, although it is only a tower studio room. Plus, the 30 day cancelation policy is back - which is not stated on the website. Disney website states payment 7 days prior and cancel up to 1 day before for arrivals until October 6th with no cancellation fee.

There are just too many moving parts to this re-opening.

Good luck to you.
Good Luck to you as well. I don’t think I have ever been so tired from being on the phone lol. For me I guess its a catch 22 because If I can't make reservations because of the 2 day being on there and I can't even have them make a dummy account to move it because its attached to my package, then I just don’t know what to expect lol. After 2 days on the phone, also getting disconnected a few times I also need a break so I will check periodically to see if anything is different and maybe I will get lucky, otherwise I will be back on the phone sometime tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about the 30 day change...I had no idea about that. I guess at this point nothing should be surprising.

I've been on hold for over 4 hours on that number... God help them if I get cut off at closing time!

Good Luck to you as well. I don’t think I have ever been so tired from being on the phone lol. For me I guess its a catch 22 because If I can't make reservations because of the 2 day being on there and I can't even have them make a dummy account to move it because its attached to my package, then I just don’t know what to expect lol. After 2 days on the phone, also getting disconnected a few times I also need a break so I will check periodically to see if anything is different and maybe I will get lucky, otherwise I will be back on the phone sometime tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about the 30 day change...I had no idea about that. I guess at this point nothing should be surprising.
Is it definite that IT cannot help if the tickets are tied to a package? I know we can’t do it ourself if the ticket is tied to a package but I thought others had reported IT was still able to fix it somehow? I definitely could be wrong but I hope not, I was hoping to get my park pass finally sorted tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter