Disney World Resorts - Overwhelmed

Hi another vote for POR Royal Room. We stayed there years ago when our DD was young and loved it. It is my second favorite resort on property. I think it is a great choice for a resort only stay. The pools and the boat transportation to Disney Springs are great.

I just booked one night no parks for June myself. We are going to AKL since that is my DD's favorite resort. We just want an add on to the end of staying off site and doing Sea World parks. I think it is a great idea and hope you enjoy it!

I LOVE Art of Animation (my new favorite) but I think the Port Orleans resorts are a great fit for what you're looking to do. Great access to DS, themed pool areas, etc. And the best part? It's like getting two resorts in one when you stay at either FQ or Riverside. (And yes, another vote that you can totally enjoy a resort-only stay!)

Since you prefer to visit DS I'd concentrate on the easy to access transport wise resorts. This means immediately removing the monorail hotels from the count. We enjoy eating at DS so spend some of our trips at the Epcot area hotels: Swan/Dolphin, BC/YC and Boardwalk are all at most 20 minutes away from DS by bus. Can't say about values or moderate resorts as we haven't stayed at any of them.

Since you prefer to visit DS I'd concentrate on the easy to access transport wise resorts. This means immediately removing the monorail hotels from the count. We enjoy eating at DS so spend some of our trips at the Epcot area hotels: Swan/Dolphin, BC/YC and Boardwalk are all at most 20 minutes away from DS by bus. Can't say about values or moderate resorts as we haven't stayed at any of them.

I agree that removing teh Monotail resorts, DAK and WL immediately will reduce the options. I think that I woudl choose a moderate with the water taxi to DS. My DGD loved POFQ, but if I was choosing a room for one of my Princesses today, I would choose a Royal room at POR. The girls would never leave!!! And the transportaion to DS is lovely, especially in the evening.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for one night after a cruise, no parks. We enjoyed the pool and boat to Disney Springs. It was also a good price point for us, as we wanted something relatively inexpensive for just one night. I would also recommend Port Orleans French Quarter which would be essentially the same.

Saratoga Springs is a good option, but to take advantage of the walking path to Disney Springs, you'd need to book a preferred room which adds to the price. The resort is large with an internal bus system, so if you're put in a room on the opposite side, it detracts from the value of being able to walk to Disney Springs.

Another option I'll throw out is Beach Club. Awesome pool and several dining options you can walk to in the immediate vicinity, including character dining at Cape May, and ice cream and shops over at the Boardwalk.

I would do Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view. That hotel is great for resort only trips. It is beyond gorgeous and unique. Watching the animals from your balcony is just such an awesome experience you can't find anywhere else. I like it mainly for resort only trips because it is far from most of the parks, but it is a great place to spend the day. There are also two pools you can use, the main hotel pool and the one at kidani, which is the DVC portion of the property. Their quick service is also really delicious as are their table service restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter