Disney World Resorts Struggling

I personally think the Disney Institute would be a hit today. Many childless affluent Millennials would love to take a vacation to the parks, and then also take some cooking classes, photography class, drawing class, dance class, etc. hosted at Disney…

We couldn't justify the price of Boardwalk, and the bus stop situation at FQ scared us away
We just finished a trip at FQ and the bus stop was fine. What’s the situation? On one morning with a lot of fog the AK bus took a while to come but other than that there was no issue. Everyone was orderly. I didn’t find the buses to be any different than when we stayed at WL.

I personally think the Disney Institute would be a hit today. Many childless affluent Millennials would love to take a vacation to the parks, and then also take some cooking classes, photography class, drawing class, dance class, etc. hosted at Disney…
The only draw would be that it happened at Disney, those classes are offered in most communities now for a fraction of the cost Disney would/ did charge. I think with the world being digitized you can also do a lot of these online again diminishing the worth of what Disney could offer. Overall it seems like a dated expensive venture that would probably end the same way the last DI did

The only draw would be that it happened at Disney, those classes are offered in most communities now for a fraction of the cost Disney would/ did charge. I think with the world being digitized you can also do a lot of these online again diminishing the worth of what Disney could offer. Overall it seems like a dated expensive venture that would probably end the same way the last DI did
People can run races anywhere (or just go for a run, outside of a race), but runDisney events are super popular and high-dollar. The Disney draw is definitely real.

People can run races anywhere (or just go for a run, outside of a race), but runDisney events are super popular and high-dollar. The Disney draw is definitely real.
Absolutely…. And it isn’t just about the race, it’s about the full experience and getting to do a variety of things during aDisney visit… Thi sis something Eisner understood (though it didn’t always execute…) people have lots of ways to spend their vacation dollars, and the best way for Disney to have a guest do so is spend them at Disney…

Absolutely…. And it isn’t just about the race, it’s about the full experience and getting to do a variety of things during aDisney visit… Thi sis something Eisner understood (though it didn’t always execute…) people have lots of ways to spend their vacation dollars, and the best way for Disney to have a guest do so is spend them at Disney…
I don’t disagree with the point you’re making, just with the specific example of Disney institute

Runners are a great audience for Disney, but they are a blip on the vacation radar. They run their race, (which is typically early in the day) and then are free to do whatever else. Something like the Disney institute would be a pretty substantial time commitment, and with so much else to do at the cost Disney charges I still don’t see it. I do see your logic I just can’t agree

Strong rumour from hoteliers (Best Western International) who heard it from their US counterparts that WDW resorts are struggling with summer and fall bookings to the point that some on property resorts will close permanently, some empty outlier resort buildings will close temporarily and deep discounts will be released. All options under consideration. Best Western International hotels are independently owned and operated properties and owners keep in regular contact with one another as well as attend annual mandatory conventions, training programs, etc. So lots of info sharing about the industry. Not a complete surprise given the recent WDW resorts targeted ad pushing on property resort stays for families (youtube and netflix), suspicions of a looming recession and widespread belief that revenge travel is waning. Only a rumour but have now heard it from more than 3 sources among Best Western owners and managers. No links. No evidence. I have no more information or details to share than that.
Yes!

Karma for denying us APa, genie, jacking up prices, getting rid of marginal express and free parking, and building the 1%er glactic hotel, and for not using New Hope for Star Wars land.

I should add that using the various methods of getting admission to the first class rides was a big downer. Good stuff at good times sold out in 30 seconds and the whole process was infuriating.

I didn’t find the buses to be any different than when we stayed at WL.
That's because resorts don't have dedicated buses. Except for the articulated buses that go to certain resorts during certain times, the same regular buses go to all the resorts. It's one bus system.

PS: former long time WDW bus driver

We were there (BCV) two weeks ago during a supposedly "slow" time by the calendar. MK was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. Long lines in the other parks that have more acres.
2 weeks ago you would have hit President's Day holiday crowds. Not a slow time.

I've been planning our usual July family trip and watch the bookings for each week. Adjusting here and there based on discounts/availability and whatever else. Usually the week of the 4th is slim pickings, but this year there seems to be wide open availability. And only 4 months out. Definitely unusual. Sign of things to come? Who knows

I've been planning our usual July family trip and watch the bookings for each week. Adjusting here and there based on discounts/availability and whatever else. Usually the week of the 4th is slim pickings, but this year there seems to be wide open availability. And only 4 months out. Definitely unusual. Sign of things to come? Who knows

Summer travel is going to be low, noticing similar patterns everywhere. People can't afford it with the cost of everyday life going so high.

Summer travel is going to be low, noticing similar patterns everywhere. People can't afford it with the cost of everyday life going so high.
Even with the lower estimates Disney is already combatting this with a Dining promo for July and August. They're in a situation that they can offer multiple different things to entice guests back to the parks. We all hate where the price is now, but it was necessary to build a buffer in the event the economy hits a recession like in 08' and 01'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter