Disney World strollers

voodooboy

To Infinity and Beyond
I have a question regarding the strollers at WDW. My wife and I are Disney veterans but have not been back in about 2.5 years since the birth of our child. We are ready to take our daughter on her first trip but we have some reservations about using the park provided rental strollers. My question is probably directed to a person that has been to the parks recently and has taken stroller age children. My question is this, do the strollers lay down and do they have a shade top or convertable top so kids can sleep in them? We are going in April and would love any incite anyone can offer. It will help us to decide wheather to bring our own stroller, Thanks.

None of the disney strollers recline. We were there in late January and MK,Epcot, and AK have hard plastic molded stollers, I think MGM's are soft canvas. MGM strollers are collapsible for the backlot tour.
We brought our on, thankfullu. Our 13 month old was able to take his naps in the park while we kept on touring.
Good luck

We actually bought a new one to bring for our 2 year old, and I'm glad we did! It is an inexpensive Century, smallish, fairly lightweight, nice basket, 2 cupholders :) , recline, canopy. Not very heavy & easy to fold. If you have something similar, I'd suggest bringing it. We own a better, smaller stroller, but it was great having the basket & cupholders!

The only thing I wish it had was a 5 point harness!

Voodooboy, I had a similer problem last year and I came up with pro's and con's to bringing your own stroller. Here are my pro's:

1) It's yours
2) Yours is most likely to be more comfy
3) The second you get off the mode of transit you are taking you have it. It can be a long walk from the bus stops to the stroller rentals.
4) Most likely yours has some sort of storage area/cup holders. Both very helpful.
5) When you attend some activity in a park, you leave your stroller out side the attraction. It is easier to find your stroller in the sea of strollers. You can't imagine how many WDW strollers can be parked outside Play House Disney.
6) You most likely already paid for your stoller.
7) You can use your stroller anywhere(ie. Downtown Disney, or your resort)

Cons:

1) You have to haul a child, stroller, and all the things that goes with a child onto a packed bus.
2) It can get stollen. I wish I didn't have to have that as a con, but a fact is a fact.
3) If your child is able to walk and dosn't really sit in the stroller you can't just turn it in at the stroller store and get it back later.

Pros and Cons of renting are pretty much the opposite of what I have said above. The WDW strollers do not recline and do not have storage.

I think if I had older children I may opt to rent, maybe.

I almost forgot you have to wait in a long line to get the strollers and return them. This really was my point about having it right away. Sorry for going on and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter