Disney World While Pregnant

Peyton McLean

Earning My Ears
I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my first child. We wanted to go to Disney World either late September (19-25) or Mid October (10-16). I will be roughly 22 weeks or 26 weeks. Is a trip worth it while pregnant? We usually ride everything (Obviously I will not). Or should we wait until next Summer/Fall? Any tips would be appreciated. This will be our 3rd trip ever. Last Trip was January 2021

If you don’t mind going while you can’t ride everything, then for sure you should go! Lots of dark rides and hopefully some more shows by then. Since you know what to expect, why not? Do it!

That's a great time to go while pregnant. No longer feeling icky, but not yet feeling like a whale. :) As long as you knnow you can't ride everything, you should be fine.

Map your park carefully each day making note of all of the restrooms and places where you can sit and chill (air conditioned).

Yes it is doable but be sure to plan your park day carefully including rest stops, restrooms, and locations of First Aid Centers at each park. I have found the CMs at the First Aid Centers to be very helpful for any person with any type of medical needs or even simply just a place to cool down if you are feeling a bit dehydrated. And of course, it goes without saying, but be sure to avoid any thrill type rides, avoid any type of attraction with warning signs.

My thinking for summer breaks while pregnant was that if I was schlepping along to work, I could sure schlep for along for fun :) We didn't do Disney, but we did do 6 Flags and Sesame Place. Just stay hydrated!

Husband and I went when I was 26 weeks pregnant and it was a wonderful trip. Much easier than the 2 I’ve taken with my toddlers. Just remember you can’t do everything and mentally prepare yourself for that. I actually enjoyed taking extra time shopping and strolling around without having to make it to every headliner since I couldn’t ride them anyways. BONUS: all the food you might normally feel guilty about eating is fair game when you’re pregnant!

My only caution is to double check any travel insurance you may have. I'm not sure if you're US based or outside, but I used to work for a major travel insurance company in Canada and there's some pregnancy restrictions on medical policies even if your doctor says you're fine to travel. They generally won't cover complications within 9 weeks before or after your due date as well as other exclusions.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my first child. We wanted to go to Disney World either late September (19-25) or Mid October (10-16). I will be roughly 22 weeks or 26 weeks. Is a trip worth it while pregnant? We usually ride everything (Obviously I will not). Or should we wait until next Summer/Fall? Any tips would be appreciated. This will be our 3rd trip ever. Last Trip was January 2021

If you are Disney people and really want to do this before your hands are full, then yes go and enjoy your last trip as adults-only. You can absolutely enjoy most of what is there and honestly it might be practice for going with a kid to miss some big attractions. I would also dine at some of those places you might want to skip for a few years with a little one in tow.

I went at 5 mos with #2, taking #1 on his last only child trip. We went in February so the weather and heat were not an issue. I would push it as late as you can for the cooler weather. We also drove.

If you decide to push it off, I would not travel during the summer with a baby. The next level of care and hydration in Florida heat isn't worth it. I took my 4 mo old (#3) in October ... then April, then October.

Congratulations!!! As long as you are ok not riding a good deal of rides, go for it!!! I would suggest whoever is going with you ( I assume it is your SO) only do the same experiences as you. It would be no fun to sit and wait while they ride all the rides you can’t. Sometimes slowing down you will enjoy DW on a different level. Being good walking shoes, stay hydrated, and don’t overdo it. Enjoy your last kid free trip and also use it to dream about your baby’s first trip!!!

Congratulations!!! As long as you are ok not riding a good deal of rides, go for it!!! I would suggest whoever is going with you ( I assume it is your SO) only do the same experiences as you. It would be no fun to sit and wait while they ride all the rides you can’t. Sometimes slowing down you will enjoy DW on a different level. Being good walking shoes, stay hydrated, and don’t overdo it. Enjoy your last kid free trip and also use it to dream about your baby’s first trip!!!
Pregnant women can ride most of the rides.

Pregnant women can ride most of the rides.
There are a ton of rides pregnant women can ride. I guess the point I was going for was that it would be different. Not saying this is OP situation but most young couples enjoy the thrill rides and tend to skip some of the smaller kid/family type rides/shows and that they should explore WDW together experiencing the safer, non thrill rides and shows. I would go pregnant!!!!

It's really great having one last getaway, especially at that time in your pregnancy after the first trimester and before you are in the really uncomfortable months. Just drink lots of water Florida is really humid that time of the year and you dont want to dehydrate.
If you dont go to WDW go somewhere, it's really nice having one last just you and me moment...

I’m a local and went all the time while pregnant. However, I had a really hard time walking for long distances and standing for long periods of time starting around the third trimester. My feet and legs swelled very badly and nothing I did helped at all. Around 7-8 months I broke down and started renting a wheelchair.

Make sure you drink a lot of water and keep snacks on hand. I got really nauseous when my stomach was empty. Cooling towels also help when it’s hot. Take lots of breaks, even if you don’t feel like it.

I went at around 24-26 weeks with all 3 of my pregnancies. They were all great trips.

My tolerance for long lines was a bit less than usual bc I was worried I would have to go to the bathroom.

We go annually so I wasn't disappointed at the rides I couldn't do bc I knew we would be back. I got the breaks I needed when the rest of the fam was on a ride I couldn't do. But for the most part I was ok walking around as usual.

I would go! You can do most rides, but you might have lower tolerance for standing line. I would do the rides I felt like doing and also plan in plenty of time for relaxing in the pool and eating sit down meals (having a nice meal is definitely more difficult with a toddler). I would personally be fine with my SO doing some rides without me. It’s a good chance to get a snack and people-watch. I am fine with that while not pregnant, though!

I would not go while pregnant. First if all it would be extremely disappointing to have to skip the more thrilling rides. Second, it would be really uncomfortable to walk around and stand all day long through the park, especially in the heat. Once I hit 6 months pregnant I had to reduce my work schedule as a preschool teacher because I was so exhausted and had swollen feet/ankles all the time. I just needed to rest at that point. You might even be put on bedrest for all you know. I would not plan a Disney trip while pregnant.

My last trip was when I was 8 weeks pregnant... Do not recommend that!! When I originally booked the trip I had hoped I'd be thoroughly into my 2nd trimester. I was so tired & miserable the whole time! Thankfully we had family with us to help with the toddler. With my first pregnancy I had a TON of energy during my 2nd tri and didn't really start slowing down until 32 weeks. With my second, I was tired/exhausted the entire time and never got that 2nd tri energy boost.

I'd go and plan plenty of sit-down meals! Food will be something you can fully participate in and sitting down in a/c will provide a good rest time.

I'd be prepared to cancel if you don't feel up to it. Some people feel great, some never do. Every pregnancy is different.

The last place I would have wanted to be during my pregnancy was in a theme park. Curled up on the couch was my idea of fun. I was exhausted constantly and my stomach churned through my entire pregnancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter