Disney World with a heart child

Kay

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We will be travelling to Disney World through the Dream Factory this summer. My a child has a heart condition that prevents her from riding anything that says people with heart conditions need to avoid. I am concerned what she will be able to do. Anybody have any info on what rides etc she will be able experience.

Hi and welcome to disABILITIES. :wave:
I'll start you out.
If you go to this link to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you will find a link to the official Disney site's Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities (look for the links in the 3rd post on that thread).
The Disney site has information about the restrictions for each ride/attraction. You will find that there are lots of things your child will be able to do. There are lots of shows and most of the restrictions that would affect your child are on the thrill rides. Luckily, there are lots of things besides thrill rides.

We have a hear child also- we went last sept. if you have questions, you can PM me and I can tell you what she rode (she is 10) and what she did not.
she has a complex defect with breathing issues also.

anne

Kay,
Can I ask what is the Dream Factory? Is it a wish-granting organization? Never heard of it before. Do they have a website? Just wanted to know more info about it. thanks.

My dd has a complex congenital heart defect, also. She has been medically stable for awhile. We went to WDW via Make-A- Wish last June, dd's wish.
First time to WDW for my dd(wish child) and ds.
My dd is a little daredevil. It really is hard to say no to her as of rides. She is 8.
She rode most of the kiddie rides at MK( the tea cups, Dumbo,the carousel).
She also rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain ride. I wouldn't recommend Big thunder Mountain since it is very bumpy and turns a lot. My dd thoroughly enjoyed it,tho. I did assess her right after the ride, to make sure she was ok, not turning blue or anything. She was fine.

I guess you have to assess as a parent what rides could your child tolerate and what she/he can't tolerate.
I also rented a stroller for her at each park so she wouldn't have to walk the whole time. That helped alot.
Also bring water bottles with and a spray fan. It is very, very hot there in the summer. We went last June, early June and it was 90 plus out everyday.

Rosemarie :flower:

Thanks for the responses back to my question. Rosemarie, dream factory is very similar to Make A Wish. There is a website for it .If you go to Google and type in Dream Factory it will pull it up. I can't remember their exact address. We are looking forward to our trip.
Kay

Kay - I just returned from Disney with my heart child, although she is only 10 months old. She rode all the kid rides along with Pirates - everything any 10 month old could ride, she did.

PM me if you have any questions! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter