DisneyDining.com says starting this August adults without kids can't visit the Magic Kingdom during summer or on weekends

I was just there. Crowds weirdly low and kids weirdly low. They need the Disney adults. This is clickbait.

On my Google newsfeed it just came up an article from a news company Disney dining with a headline saying that Adults must have children to visit Magic Kingdom. The article was written June 10 2023. Reason why I chosen to reply here is that it's already been discussed on a thread so I don't need to make a new thread.
My Review about it
For me I probably would agree with it as Magic Kingdom gets fully booked and I could imagine how upsetting it would be if it was fully booked and there was a travelling party booked Magic Kingdom without children them it's not fair for a family with children who wish to visit Magic Kingdom all because adults not willing to give up their reservation for families with children.
I remember sometime in May on Fox 35 Orlando there was an article saying a brawl happened in Magic Kingdom which could be another reason why Disney would ban adults without children visiting the parks.
I've noticed when queuing for rides in standby lanes adults without children aren't letting families with children go in front of them in the queue as it's not fair keeping families with children waiting.
Another reason to ban adults without children is to keep strangers out of the park to make it happy and safe for families with children.
In Magic Kingdom it is mainly designed for families with children as there's nothing to do for adults without children such as spa's or beverage tasting and there won't be many activities adults won't be allowed to do such as visit Ariel at Ariels grotto and most of the rides in Fantasyland are designed for adults with children only. It would be a sensible idea if they did restrict adults visiting the park without children.

Last edited:
Is there any truth to this? That seems so bizarre that they'd turn paying customers away just because they don't have kids.
Fake news will get worse and worse as long as we all keep clicking on it. But this kind of thing has always been around. The internet just makes it easier to disseminate.

Fake news will get worse and worse as long as we all keep clicking on it. But this kind of thing has always been around. The internet just makes it easier to disseminate.
Yes could be fake news but Josh D'Amaro or the Disney CEO Bob Idger can make that decision as they can choose if that rule happens or doesn't happen but at this time no decision has been made yet.

Yes could be fake news but Josh D'Amaro or the Disney CEO Bob Idger can make that decision as they can choose if that rule happens or doesn't happen but at this time no decision has been made yet.
I have seen NO EVIDENCE anywhere that Disney is even considering this.

So yes, the decision has been made - NOT to prevent adults without children from visiting and spending money at any Disney park. No way Disney would refuse to take our money.

I'm a librarian. Part of my job is teaching people to avoid "fake news". If I can't do it myself then what good am I?
As a librarian part of your job it to teach people HOW to avoid fake news.

You just learned a very valuable new skill that you can teach people: See something that doesn't seem right - research the site, learn about them, ask questions from people and sources you trust and form your own opinion on if the news is fake. Never accept what you see in your feed as absolutely true.

Now you are an even better teacher and librarian.

I have seen NO EVIDENCE anywhere that Disney is even considering this.

So yes, the decision has been made - NOT to prevent adults without children from visiting and spending money at any Disney park. No way Disney would refuse to take our money.
As @rdevans_2000 said it could be fake news I spoke to a cast member on live chat on WDW website and sent them the article from Disneydining.com and they said they haven't got that information about refusing adults at Disney and they told me to just go by information on WDW official website or Disney parks blog instead of Disneydining website.

Will never happen, how can you believe this? Makes absolutely no sense. Not everything you read or hear is true. If the Nigerian Prince emails you, it’s a scam.

Will never happen, how can you believe this? Makes absolutely no sense. Not everything you read or hear is true. If the Nigerian Prince emails you, it’s a scam.
It's just to make these companies look good Disneydining, mouse trap news and inside the magic
It's like the Figment ride one little spark imagine what you read 😂😂

Even if it was true, which it isn’t, I’d just tell them at the turn stiles that my husband and kids are already in the park and that I’m to meet them.

On my Google newsfeed it just came up an article from a news company Disney dining with a headline saying that Adults must have children to visit Magic Kingdom. The article was written June 10 2023. Reason why I chosen to reply here is that it's already been discussed on a thread so I don't need to make a new thread.
My Review about it
For me I probably would agree with it as Magic Kingdom gets fully booked and I could imagine how upsetting it would be if it was fully booked and there was a travelling party booked Magic Kingdom without children them it's not fair for a family with children who wish to visit Magic Kingdom all because adults not willing to give up their reservation for families with children.
I remember sometime in May on Fox 35 Orlando there was an article saying a brawl happened in Magic Kingdom which could be another reason why Disney would ban adults without children visiting the parks.
I've noticed when queuing for rides in standby lanes adults without children aren't letting families with children go in front of them in the queue as it's not fair keeping families with children waiting.
Another reason to ban adults without children is to keep strangers out of the park to make it happy and safe for families with children.
In Magic Kingdom it is mainly designed for families with children as there's nothing to do for adults without children such as spa's or beverage tasting and there won't be many activities adults won't be allowed to do such as visit Ariel at Ariels grotto and most of the rides in Fantasyland are designed for adults with children only. It would be a sensible idea if they did restrict adults visiting the park without children.
What the heck are you talking about? Why should families with children go to the front of lines? The brawl you refer to was two families - both with children. Adults without children have plenty to do in the MK - spas and beverage tastings are not needed.

Interesting considering how much marketing Disney actually does to promote having events with them that don't necessarily involve kids and going to the parks is part of the advantage vs. somewhere else. They make a ton of money on Disney Weddings/Engagements along with corporate events, they are not going to give up the cash on those. Especially since Honeymooners are probably willing to spend a lot more $$ than someone with children. VIP tours would also become very interesting if an entire park was unavailable & you know that is a big money maker for them.

In addition, anyone who has a child over 9 couldn't visit because they are considered adults in Disney's eyes. Anyone 10+ has an adult ticket. It would get messy complicated. I'm going with my son who is 19, although he is an adult, he is still my child so on a technical level, I am going to Disney with my child.

Interesting considering how much marketing Disney actually does to promote having events with them that don't necessarily involve kids and going to the parks is part of the advantage vs. somewhere else. They make a ton of money on Disney Weddings/Engagements along with corporate events, they are not going to give up the cash on those. Especially since Honeymooners are probably willing to spend a lot more $$ than someone with children. VIP tours would also become very interesting if an entire park was unavailable & you know that is a big money maker for them.

In addition, anyone who has a child over 9 couldn't visit because they are considered adults in Disney's eyes. Anyone 10+ has an adult ticket. It would get messy complicated. I'm going with my son who is 19, although he is an adult, he is still my child so on a technical level, I am going to Disney with my child.
Yes you will be ok for the parks I don't think they going to restrict anyone entering. It's probably only certain character meet and greets from the wdw website I show you on screenshot now that you have to be with your children to meet characters as it could be reserved for them.

Screenshot_20230707_013026.jpg

Yes you will be ok for the parks I don't think they going to restrict anyone entering. It's probably only certain character meet and greets from the wdw website I show you on screenshot now that you have to be with your children to meet characters as it could be reserved for them.

View attachment 775632K
That’s not what that means. It’s suitable and geared for young children but by no means restricted to preschoolers or kids. That is what it indicates, adults are not excluded.

Last edited:
That’s not what that means. It’s suitable and geared for young children but by no means restricted to preschoolers or kids. That is what it indicates, adults are not exclude.

The only thing I've ever known to exclude adults was at Enchanted Tales with Belle. They would choose two adults only for certain parts, and the rest are kids. All of the kids can participate as bit parts, then the people in the show get to meet Belle at the end. The audience though did not. There were other places to meet Belle though that anyone could do.

The only thing I've ever known to exclude adults was at Enchanted Tales with Belle. They would choose two adults only for certain parts, and the rest are kids. All of the kids can participate as bit parts, then the people in the show get to meet Belle at the end. The audience though did not. There were other places to meet Belle though that anyone could do.
Correct, however adults are not excluded or told they cannot enter.

View attachment 775632
I could imagine if adults who queue up for character greetings they will more likely be turned away if they haven't got any children under age of 21 yrs old as you could see in the screenshot it doesn't say adults so obviously you would need to be with your children for most character greetings as adults without children won't be allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter