Disneyland “ Happiest Class on Earth” news

Drew729

Human
I haven’t seen this mentioned yet but thought I would share the link.

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/08/...for-anaheim-sixth-graders-cites-pandemic/amp/
Sometimes I wonder who is in charge of the messaging at Disney and the missed opportunity for some goodwill.

Just my opinion but if it was me I would’ve raised the Genie + to $20 a day and kept this program. I would’ve came up with a marketing campaign something like “Give50” for the 50th Anniversary. Where half the proceeds of G+ Sales sold from 10/1/21-10/1/22 would go tickets for local kids in Anaheim and Orlando areas in recognition for serving there community.

It may have softened the G+ blowback.

Last edited:
Shame! Shame! Shame!

Somebody tell Abigail Disney. It seems like sometimes she's the only one that actually cares about doing the right thing or keeping up appearances.....

Seriously, it's like they're trying to get bad press at this point. How do you screw up this many PR things in 2 weeks?

Seriously, it's like they're trying to get bad press at this point. How do you screw up this many PR things in 2 weeks?

The pessimist in me says they did this around all of the other bad news, so it got buried. Genie+, APs may anger fans but it isn't really a sensational news story for mainstream media to pickup just to say they're essentially charging more money - they made it so damned complicated that it would be really hard to explain in a news story too. This is a more straightforward one, and the PR certainly isn't good - but I don't think it made national news - mostly was mentioned locally in CA.

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet but thought I would share the link.

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/08/...for-anaheim-sixth-graders-cites-pandemic/amp/
Sometimes I wonder who is in charge of the messaging at Disney and the missed opportunity for some goodwill.

Just my opinion but if it was me I would’ve raised the Genie + to $20 a day and kept this program. I would’ve came up with a marketing campaign something like “Give50” for the 50th Anniversary. Where half the proceeds of G+ Sales sold from 10/1/21-10/1/22 would go tickets for local kids in Anaheim and Orlando areas in recognition for serving there community.

It may have softened the G+ blowback.

Sad but likely an actual conversation. We are not a babysitting service and those kids usually dont have much money to spend anyway.

Because they are the rich political elite that are making these decisions. They are out of touch with reality and the common person.

This just stinks, but I'm not surprised given the current mindset of the people running this company right now.

Because they are the rich political elite that are making these decisions. They are out of touch with reality and the common person.

Sure, but most companies have people on-staff whose job it is to help manage PR. Because no, the C-suite usually doesn't have any concept of 'the common person,' but the PR people help with that. You have big stories about nickel-and-diming everyone to death, and PR doesn't tell you that cancelling tickets for poor students right now is a bad look? Seriously?

Sure, but most companies have people on-staff whose job it is to help manage PR. Because no, the C-suite usually doesn't have any concept of 'the common person,' but the PR people help with that. You have big stories about nickel-and-diming everyone to death, and PR doesn't tell you that cancelling tickets for poor students right now is a bad look? Seriously?

To be fair, the top is acting like they dont care at the moment what anyone else thinks. Bottom line or bust.

To become CEO or near that level and have such a lack of vision is quite a testament to how backwards companies are these days and also a testament to why the little guy is quitting en mass

This really takes the biscuit, as far as greed goes!...It isn't even good business sense. These are locals, and could create loyalty for future generations, and it's good press. I am so disheartened by the dream crushing Disney machine in place right now. Kids lost a year+ of interacting with peers normally-couldn't Disney be kid friendly a d keep a promise? This is just Ugliness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter