• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland 2024 Hotel/Packages?

In October of 2006, the wife and I stayed at Paradise Pier from Sunday to Thursday. The promotion was to stay 3 nights, get the 4th night free. The total cost for our 4 night stay was just over $400 US. It was $450 Canadian ( we are from Canada) They even upgraded our room to a theme park view for no cost.

We are tentatively planning a trip this winter. We would need two rooms a night as we have 5 kids. Just to stay 1 night, it would cost us just under $1300 CAN ( with the exchange) $645 CAN per night per room. We wont be staying on site this time.

I wish my wage went up like these hotel prices....

The hotel prices at the DL resort have gotten out of control. It's almost $1000 a night at the Grand! Seriously nuts.
I decided to book the BWPPP bc I saw the $1000/night at Grand and decided it wasn't worth it. My son is 18 and walking a little further isn't an issue for us. BWPPP was $400/night booked 1/1-1/4.

Holy Smokes have prices gone up for 2024 !
Was waiting for the 2024 reservations to open up , but wasn't prepared for such a price hike !
We are going in late January , and were hoping to stay at DLH this time. We have stayed at the Grand twice now, and wanted to stay at DLH this time around . Cheapest rate we are seeing for the most basic standard room at DLH is about $530 a night , plus taxes is about $625. per night !!! :eek::scared::faint: . Was thinking about club level , but about $850. per night for standard ! Ummm - no . We tentatively booked a week (for almost $4500 ! ) , but not sure if we will keep it unless they come out with a good discount ! We already have Marriott Residence Inn (on Katella , by the convention center) booked as we waited for the DLH rates to open , but now we may just keep the Marriott ! We have a 1 bedroom suite booked , with a full kitchen, living room , etc AND free breakfast for around $340. a night .
$2800. a week for the Marriott , large suite with breakfast vs $4500. a week for a basic hotel room at DLH . The walk to the esplanade is pretty close to the same .........hmmmm . Even adding 5 day Park hoppers with Genie+ onto the Marriott price still doesnt add up to the DLH room price ! Not to mention the free breakfast will come in handy .

Sorry, just venting .......was hoping to stay at DLH this time around , but Disney may have finally priced us out. Its not even just the monetary price point , we can afford it . I .........just ..........can't.......do ........it !!! Will be looking for a 25% discount , or we will be slumming it at the Marriott ! lol

Last edited:

Holy Smokes have prices gone up for 2024 !
Was waiting for the 2024 reservations to open up , but wasn't prepared for such a price hike !
We are going in late January , and were hoping to stay at DLH this time. We have stayed at the Grand twice now, and wanted to stay at DLH this time around . Cheapest rate we are seeing for the most basic standard room at DLH is about $520 a night , plus taxes is about $625. per night !!! :eek::scared::faint: . Was thinking about club level , but about $850. per night for standard ! Ummm - no . We tentatively booked a week (for almost $4500 ! ) , but not sure if we will keep it unless they come out with a good discount ! We already have Marriott Residence Inn (on Katella , by the convention center) booked as we waited for the DLH rates to open , but now we may just keep the Marriott ! We have a 1 bedroom suite booked , with a full kitchen, living room , etc AND free breakfast for around $340. a night .
$2800. a week for the Marriott , large suite with breakfast vs $4500. a week for a basic hotel room at DLH . The walk to the esplanade is pretty close to the same .........hmmmm . Even adding 5 day Park hoppers with Genie+ onto the Marriott price still doesnt add up to the DLH room price ! Not to mention the free breakfast will come in handy .

Sorry, just venting .......was hoping to stay at DLH this time around , but Disney may have finally priced us out. Its not even just the monetary price point , we can afford it . I .........just ..........can't.......do ........it !!! Will be looking for a 25% discount , or we will be slumming it at the Marriott ! lol
I agree with you. Prices went up a lot I think too much....Hopefully it will be adjusted down.

Anyone else having trouble booking rooms in January? I managed to book one, but couldn’t make theme park reservations (the calendar was up but not working) then popped back to book the second and suddenly there was no availability at thee GCH or DL.:confused3

Anyone else having trouble booking rooms in January? I managed to book one, but couldn’t make theme park reservations (the calendar was up but not working) then popped back to book the second and suddenly there was no availability at thee GCH or DL.:confused3
You shouldn’t be able to make theme park reservations yet, as it’s not within 120 days. You should be able to buy the package anyway though.

Interesting. We just got back and paid $425/night for two nights at DL Hotel and then $500 for one night (last minute extension) and I thought that was kind of crazy expensive but because we booked it last minute, accepted we had little choice. The hotel was great, but I would not pay $600+ for a night at DL Hotel. I would definitely never pay $1k a night for Californian. That's insane. Note, we went low crowd week though and the hotel was sold out so perhaps they'll get those new prices for lodging. . . .

Is it normal because it is only 3 Hotels that the availabilty goes away so fast with the three on site hotels. I missed the opening last Thursday dang and now I am worried if that is the case always should I forget as international Guest to get a Room in one of those three Hotels????

And how fast are the Goodneighbour ones going to be booked and filled???

Which one would you consider as close as to the both parks with possible Transportation to Disney Village or where the Hotel Transportations will drive and would you suggest always taking a Uber back to my Hotel after Parks don´t want to get into troubles with anyone especially homeless or others don´t get me wrong beautiful Girls I would like but criminals or homeless.

In my Country sadly some nasty jerk killing homeless but in the States you have to fear it would be vice versa sometimes not that everyone would be that mean but who knows the Darkness is a dirty Place in the Nights the creatures coming out lurking around Vampire Werewolfs or worse Aliens who knows :=) what Anaheim has to offer.

Jokes aside but really can you help me with some examples which Hotels would be easier with Traffic and distance I try to see some but hope not everyone says non availabilty at the moment or what it states with the on sites.

Could it be that some having issues because travelling alone that they don´t want to show me rates or is it really that quick booked always???

Worried thankfully my Trip will be in 2025 but need to know first hand before since have to book it next Year and if it goes up that quickly even for Agents seems troubeling.

Can you give a Request even when the Trip is in 2025 already I emailed the Agent directly since I don´t know if you could already requesting for 2025????

Is that also normal I checked some prices for good neighbours and in couple of minutes or so later the price hiked upwards crazy really are in those prices the park tickets at least included since they selling those as packages.

The prices seems really going up nasty almost more expensive than Pixar Pier Hotel wondering if they raise the prices when it is finished with refurbishment it worries me deeply those makes me sad I am scared.

I believe I think why it is a possible reason why almost nothing is available already. I guessing because of the Disney D23 EXPO in September most likely again will be held that´s why people booking like crazy next year but if the chances are bigger next year when no Expo will be held in 2025 I don´t know. dang I doubt it will be a important Expo next year after so much craziness but okay enjoy for those who will be there.

Since I want to celebrate the 70th of the OG it will be not as easy as well dang.

I travel for work a fair amount and I'm pretty shocked by the hotel price increases across the board. My normal hotels of where I stay are now never under $200 a night. It's pretty common I pay $275-$325 for Marriott/Starwood properties. Sometimes I find something like the Element for $200 or so, but anything under $200 I just wont stay at because it's just dumpy. My budget for business travel per trip has gone up at least 30%. Car rentals and hotels are both way above inflation right now. Fortunately with Zoom we cut necessity of travel and thankfully I don't travel as much as I used to.

My recent trip to LA stayed in Pasadena and the normal hotel I use is now almost $425/night off of $300 just a couple years ago (Same room). That's me getting a discount. I chose to return to the hotel because of the hurricane that pushed through when we were there cancelling my San Diego work visits and I had to negotiate at the desk for the same rate otherwise they wanted $500+...which is the same as what I paid for Disneyland hotel! I would normally not pick a hotel at that rate, but it's basically next door to my work out there and that then saves on other travel costs.

So Disney is likely well aware of what non-Disney hotels are charging and I doubt they're okay charging less than non-Disney hotels.

The other reality is that cost of goods sold and wages at the base level are sky rocketing - way beyond inflation (example $15/hour goes to $19/hour = 30%) - AND it is hard to find staff. Think about dining too. $12 for a beer v. $9 a few years ago at Disney. 35% increase + almost natural now adays to tip 20% because the stupid pay systems "make it easy to do"

This increase in wages is very good for those employees, but we of course have to pay for that (or not go). People are waking up to inflation now. It's very real and it's huge and wide spreading. Unlikely to change anytime soon other than a recession and the way it will go down is through discounts, not an outright cut in price. It pays to shop around but if the hotels are all booking up right away then there's no slowing this down in the near term.

I travel for work a fair amount and I'm pretty shocked by the hotel price increases across the board. My normal hotels of where I stay are now never under $200 a night. It's pretty common I pay $275-$325 for Marriott/Starwood properties. Sometimes I find something like the Element for $200 or so, but anything under $200 I just wont stay at because it's just dumpy. My budget for business travel per trip has gone up at least 30%. Car rentals and hotels are both way above inflation right now. Fortunately with Zoom we cut necessity of travel and thankfully I don't travel as much as I used to.

My recent trip to LA stayed in Pasadena and the normal hotel I use is now almost $425/night off of $300 just a couple years ago (Same room). That's me getting a discount. I chose to return to the hotel because of the hurricane that pushed through when we were there cancelling my San Diego work visits and I had to negotiate at the desk for the same rate otherwise they wanted $500+...which is the same as what I paid for Disneyland hotel! I would normally not pick a hotel at that rate, but it's basically next door to my work out there and that then saves on other travel costs.

So Disney is likely well aware of what non-Disney hotels are charging and I doubt they're okay charging less than non-Disney hotels.

The other reality is that cost of goods sold and wages at the base level are sky rocketing - way beyond inflation (example $15/hour goes to $19/hour = 30%) - AND it is hard to find staff. Think about dining too. $12 for a beer v. $9 a few years ago at Disney. 35% increase + almost natural now adays to tip 20% because the stupid pay systems "make it easy to do"

This increase in wages is very good for those employees, but we of course have to pay for that (or not go). People are waking up to inflation now. It's very real and it's huge and wide spreading. Unlikely to change anytime soon other than a recession and the way it will go down is through discounts, not an outright cut in price. It pays to shop around but if the hotels are all booking up right away then there's no slowing this down in the near term.
While I clearly am willing to accept a different standard of hotel than you, my Hampton/Fairfield/Hyatt Place has jumped from $120 to consistently $170-$200 on my work trips. Hotel prices basically didn’t change outside of Disney for 10-15 years so we’re getting a big correction.

I’d rather pay more and have a clean room though than keep paying $120 and stay at like a Red Roof Inn or a Ramada

Off site it's pretty bad as well - the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance is $550 CAD per night. :|

After a lot of back and forth, we've decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort instead of Pacific Pier -- tell me why this is the wrong/right decision - we're going in late Jan '24

While I clearly am willing to accept a different standard of hotel than you, my Hampton/Fairfield/Hyatt Place has jumped from $120 to consistently $170-$200 on my work trips. Hotel prices basically didn’t change outside of Disney for 10-15 years so we’re getting a big correction.

I’d rather pay more and have a clean room though than keep paying $120 and stay at like a Red Roof Inn or a Ramada
agreed. So basically 40% increase at Hyatt types. (I like Hyatt also). It's crazy, but it's happening everywhere. Hard to avoid, but thankfully for work, zoom has helped change a lot of travel needs. I used to travel 2-3x what I do now, so even with 40% increase, it's roughly less overall because we dropped work travel by 50%+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter