Disneyland 5K Spectators

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at hopefully doing the Disneyland 5K next year.

I've been watching videos, reading posts, looking at the maps. All that fun stuff.

Presuming the 5K follows the same route as previous years...it ends inside the park (DCA), which I think is so cool.

But, it makes me wonder what do they do with spectators? Do they just not allow spectators at the finish line? That would be kind of sad.

Or, is there a dedicated entrance for spectators closer to the finish line?

I also ask, because there is a possibility my nephew would be running the race, and I'm rather sure he will be outpacing all of the rest of us. If there is someone at the finish line looking out for him/for him to look for, that would be ideal.

I ran the 5k/10k in January and my husband spectated. His experience was similar to Steph’s in DopeyBadger’s post linked above. It was a bit of a hot mess getting in, but not terrible. He picked out a spot to cheer at and let me know exactly where he was so I could run past him. This meant he had to text me during the run but it was fine for us. It took us a bit to find each other after the race because there was no finish line viewing, but that was the only part that was slightly annoying to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter