• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland 7 day park hopper???

the link was Flightcenter.ca

Actually, its Flightcentre.ca

Probably just a typo, but want to make sure everyone uses the right one. ;)

Does anyone know if Americans can buy these? I saw where we might be able to buy off of Expedia.au, but I did not see an answer about Flightcentre...

FWIW, I just checked Last Minute Travel and their 5 day Park Hopper is USD $190 for adults and $162.73 for kids. This is cheaper than both Flightcentre.ca AND Expedia.au

Unfortunately, I don't know if they sell to those outside the US, and the 5 day is the highest they go...

Here is Expedia's answer...

"As per your query we would like to advise you that you can definitely book that package be a non-Australian as well however you need to do that on (Expedia.com.au) and you will be charged in AUD."

So if I, in the US, purchase one of these packages for a 7 (or longer) day ticket, which is not supposed to be available to US citizens......am I going to have problems at the ticket booth when I present a US state issued driver's license? I mean, if they check identification to make sure those with SoCal passes actually live in SoCal, would they do the same for the 7+ day hoppers to make sure they aren't being used by US citizens? The 6 day or less hoppers probably look like any other hopper and wouldn't raise any red flags, but the 7+ hoppers are something unique. When $1200 is at stake....this is the question I would want a definite answer to. Has anyone had recent experience with this scenario?

I'm also noticing that the 14 day Expedia.com.au deal isn't a Magic Morning Bonus ticket. :-(

The 7 day passes for Australians must be new, my first time in DL (3 years ago) we had 6 1/2 days in the parks but got 14 day hoppers, as the one before that was a 5 day hopper.

I'll be there in January, again for 6 1/2 days, and again I bought a 14 day hopper - I got it from expedia.com.au. Looking at it today, they have 2, 3, 4, 5 and 14 day hoppers. The terms and conditions don't specify a country, so I assume anyone can buy one.

I think the 7 days passes are from the Canadian flightcentre site, so you were correct that the next option up from a 5 day pass is the 14 day pass for Australians (and it would be cheaper to buy a 14 day pass anyway!)

I'm also noticing that the 14 day Expedia.com.au deal isn't a Magic Morning Bonus ticket. :-(

I'm not sure about the 14 day passes purchased from expedia, but my last two trips I have used 14 day passes purchased from travel agents (price matched to expedia!) and they did include a Magic Morning :)

I searched this subject because we, too need 7 day hoppers. I did a quick review swerch on Flight Centre and have found an overwhelming number of poor reviews and bad experiences.

We're leaving att he end of next week, so we're short for time. How have the experiences with Flight Centre been here? With only a week to go I'm concerned we may have a delay or snag in securing hopper passes in time.

WestJet Vacations in Canada also offers the 7 day park hopper. I don't know if it is only available when buying a package.

Thanks, but I checked and WestJet doesn't offer tickets without booking the hotel through them.

Any other suggestions, or info about Flight Centre?

That is awesome...I was sooo bummed I called Disney this afternoon and they were nope 6 day and that is it. AP was not a great option as we would need the premier membership as there would be some blackout days when we can travel. And likely it ouwld be the exact same week as this year so 7 days byond a 365 AP...cursed school schedules!

Thanks for the link I found it I am sooo pleased!!

the link was Flightcenter.ca

You used to be able to get them through CAA, and we got them through a travel agent one time, but that was years and years ago...you might want to call and see though. They also used to sell them inside the Disney Store if you have on near you, not sure if they sell the 7 day ones or not... you can try calling one to see. Even though we are in Canada, we get annual passes now. The discounts more than make up for the extra cost because our trips are always a minimum of 7 days. We've started going twice a year though since we started getting them....one year we went 3 times! :scared1: we are going to have to retire in a cave at this rate :lmao: One year we were going during the Christmas season and our passes had expired just before our new arrival date, so we bought park hopper tickets at Hojo's, used the early entry day, and the blocked out weekend right away, then upgraded to the annual passes...the best of both worlds!!

Here's an update if anyone cares...

I was concerned I was running out of time so I called Flight Centre, thinking, with no other substantive info I may as well take the chance. I told the gal I had read some really bad reviews about their customer service, then she promised me she would make sure my experience with them would be a great one. I booked the 7 day hoppers. She called back an hour later and told me they could not sell 7 day hoppers to anyone but Canadians. I'm not a Canadian, even though I imagined playing one on TV, so my 7 day dream died.

So I guess that's it for 7 day hoppers. Not sure I understand how Disney benefits in all this. All it means for me is that from this point forward we won't stay long enough to need 7 day and beyond hoppers. I can't imagine we're the only ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter