Disneyland After Dark Events 2020

iHEARTflorida

DIS Veteran
I have been waiting for this announcement. I didn’t get to attend an event this year.

For 2020 it’s a 80s nite in January in DL, 2 sweetheart nights over Valentines Day in DL, a Pixar nite in March in DCA and a villains in April in DCA.

My main purpose of the events is to meet rare characters and the classic gang (Mickey and co) in special outfits. Based on this information which event do you think would be best for me? I was thinking 80s nite but it’s a bit too short notice for me.

Are the events similar to the Florida ones where you get free sodas, ice cream and popcorn as well?

Also I vaguely remember the past events characters lines were very long and the events poorly organised? Is this right?

I also feel I’d rather do an event in DL, compared to CA.

Do the tickets sell out fast? Will all the APs get one and no chance for the general public ?

I’m also more familiar with WDW than DL.

Many thanks

From the DL website, just in case anyone else was wondering about this.

It says RotR will not be available for the 80s Night, or the Sweethearts Night in Jan & Feb.

However, this note is NOT listed for the Villains night in April.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I think I'll change my trip dates! We're going in March.

From the DL website, just in case anyone else was wondering about this.

It says RotR will not be available for the 80s Night, or the Sweethearts Night in Jan & Feb.

However, this note is NOT listed for the Villains night in April.

The villains event is going to be in California Adventure not Disneyland

Great! can't wait to go on a cold winter night on a work day to get up the next morning for work again, pay more to see what I can already see but with entertainment that used to be included with admission! Sooo excited. Disney has conquered how to do a cashgrab! Glad to own their stock now. I'll spend my money at Knotts and Universal instead for 1/4 the cost of just one person.

Great! can't wait to go on a cold winter night on a work day to get up the next morning for work again, pay more to see what I can already see but with entertainment that used to be included with admission! Sooo excited. Disney has conquered how to do a cashgrab! Glad to own their stock now. I'll spend my money at Knotts and Universal instead for 1/4 the cost of just one person.

Well, I for one love the after hours parties. It is the only way I'm going to do WDW from now on, and I'm sure I would love one at DL also. To me the lack of fighting the massive crowds is worth it.

We are thinking about doing Valentines Day and Villains. But I'm trying to find reports from previous events and not coming up with much. I seem to remember people weren't wowed, and the lines for pics were really long? Can anyone chime in who did them last year?

We went to the Marvel night at DCA. All we did was wait in line for character photos and eat some infinity stone churros. Didn't get on any rides or anything. Lines for pictures were insane but we did get Black Widow and Hawkeye, Black Panther, and Iron Man. I'm not sure I would do another one, 3 characters and some snacks doesn't seem worth the cost.

My husband and I attended the 90's event. My husband isn't into Disney that much and I was a little worried that he would be 'bored', but we had the BEST time!! It was a rainy night, but that didn't bother us at all. We spent the majority of our time riding attractions with a few snack breaks. We took a few pictures, but we didn't use any of our time waiting in line for photos with characters.. The lines for character pictures were HUGE. They did have a few rare characters out and they would have made for cute pictures, but I didn't want to spend our time waiting in those lines.
I am debating whether or not to do the villians night, but with it being held in DCA it may be harder to get him to come with me. I like DCA, but there are fewer attractions that interest us and I don't see us waiting in line for pictures..

Like most things, if it's worth it depends on what your goal is. We went to 90s night, and just barely managed not to feel like it was a waste of money. We got a fanny pack, saw Mickey's Magical Mix and the 90s firework show (nothing super fancy, same quality as Fantasy in the Sky, but at least it was a custom show for the event), went on 4 rides, took 1 picture with Darkwing (We waited like 2.5 hours for him, but he's one of my husband's absolute favorites. Part of the problem was they switched out Darkwing with a villain, but everyone was there for Darkwing. So they finally just had the villain walking around taking pictures with people in line, but Darkwing obviously still needed his breaks.), and got a super nice picture with us in the rain with the lights reflecting in the puddles and no one in the background. Oh, and they passed out a Capt Marvel poster.

If you want to ride as many attractions as possible, it's definitely a great time to do so. If you're there to take pictures, be aware that the most popular photo ops had 2+ hr wait times and the official party is only 4 hours. I think the merchandise line was also pretty long. Unlike Disney World, there aren't any free snacks. The theming was minimal-- they played 90s music in the hub (and probably Tomorrowland) with some lights, but I didn't really feel it walking around the park.

If you have money to burn, then sure, might as well go experience something somewhat different. If you're on a budget and don't go to Disneyland that often, I'd save that money for a regular ticket or a Halloween party one. Even if you go to Disneyland regularly, if you're on a budget, I'd still hesitate to recommend it unless Disneyland learned from their mistakes or if the parties don't sell out. My friends opted not to go, and afterwards I told them they made the right decision.

Sweethearts Nite might be better this time since they have two, and a good number of people who did it probably won't do it again. But that's still a big "might" be better. I had really wanted to go, but based on the reviews I read earlier this year, I'm leaning towards not going.

I'm interested in Villains night but am afraid it will be similar to the Oogie Boogie Bash. Plus the lack of rides at DCA is another deciding factor.

Of course, right after I posted this, the other thread was right there in my face. Please feel free to delete.

Sorry if I missed a previous thread - I haven't seen it if there is one already.
I am looking at these after closing parties, trying to decide if I want any of them. I'll be staying overnight during the sweethearts one, but not sure about going to it since my sweetheart won't be with me. I don't know how they feel about solos going to that.

APs can buy today. They go on sale to everyone else tomorrow.

Special Event Tickets

Purchase Tickets for Disneyland After Dark: 80s Nite
guests-group-dining-party-16x9.jpg

Disneyland After Dark: 80s Nite
January 29, 2020
Get your special event ticket back to the 80s! At this nostalgic party, Disneyland Park stays open for 4 hours after the park closes to other Guests. Celebrate Disney films from the era, meet some of your favorite (and totally awesome) Characters, dance at the re-imagined Videopolis, ride some popular attractions and rock that signature 80s look! Passholders are eligible to purchase tickets at this time, so be sure to sign in now! General admission tickets go on sale December 4, 2019.
Learn more.
Prices from:
Ages 3+
$109.0010900

Purchase Tickets for Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts' Nite
couple-california-adventure-entrance-16x9.jpg

Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts' Nite
February 12, 2020 and February 13, 2020
Bring your sweetheart to Disneyland Park and get your tickets to a celebration of love! At this special event, Disneyland Park stays open for 4 hours after the park closes to other Guests. Meet some Disney Character couples, enjoy fun photo opportunities, dance the night away and ride popular attractions. Passholders are eligible to purchase tickets at this time, so be sure to sign in! General admission tickets go on sale December 4, 2019.
Learn more.
Prices from:
Ages 3+
$109.0010900

Purchase Tickets for Disneyland After Dark: PIXAR Nite
group-selfie-night-16x9.jpg

Disneyland After Dark: PIXAR Nite
March 5, 2020
Join us for a Disneyland After Dark after-hours party taking place in Disney California Adventure Park—where you can hang out with some of your favorite Pixar Pals! At this separately ticketed upbeat event, Disney California Adventure Park stays open for 4 hours after the park closes to other Guests. Rock out on 3 different dance floors, pose for photos by scenes from popular Pixar movies and shorts, discover delicious “Remy-approved” snacks, ride some popular attractions with little wait times and more. Passholders are eligible to purchase tickets at this time, so be sure to sign in now! General Admission tickets go on sale December 4, 2019.
Learn more.
Prices from:
Ages 3+
$109.0010900

Purchase Tickets for Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite
unleash-the-villains-maleficent-16x9.jpg

Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite
April 30, 2020
Have a devilishly good time with some misfits, scoundrels and downright mischievous villains—when you join us for a Disneyland After Dark after-hours party. At this separately ticketed bewitching event, Disney California Adventure Park stays open for 4 hours after the park closes to other Guests. Rock out on the dance floor, pose for photos by spooky lairs and thrones, discover sinfully delicious snacks, ride some popular attractions with little wait times and more. Passholders are eligible to purchase tickets at this time, so be sure to sign in now! General Admission tickets go on sale December 4, 2019.
Learn more.
Prices from:
Ages 3+
$109.0010900

I'm interested in Villains night but am afraid it will be similar to the Oogie Boogie Bash. Plus the lack of rides at DCA is another deciding factor.
I am in the same boat. Interested in Villains night, but not many rides that I will want to ride in that park.

The other one I am thinking about is Sweethearts Night, but only because I am staying there during that time. It sounds like it is totally directed towards couples and my husband won't be with me. If it was any other theme, I'd just buy a ticket. Since it's directed towards couples, it might be awkward to go.

I am in the same boat. Interested in Villains night, but not many rides that I will want to ride in that park.

The other one I am thinking about is Sweethearts Night, but only because I am staying there during that time. It sounds like it is totally directed towards couples and my husband won't be with me. If it was any other theme, I'd just buy a ticket. Since it's directed towards couples, it might be awkward to go.
I've never been to one of these so don't know how it would be? It might be fun just for the different atmosphere even if it is geared towards couples. The price is decent at least.

I've never been to one of these so don't know how it would be? It might be fun just for the different atmosphere even if it is geared towards couples. The price is decent at least.
I've been to a couple that were pretty specific. One was the last night of Hollywood Tower of Terror and it was awesome, but we only had treats and rode the ride for a couple hours.
:)

The other was when they were bringing back the Electrical Parade. They had an after hours first run of the parade with 70's (I think) music piped in throughout the park. It rained, but it was still a lot of fun and the rain slowed down enough for the parade to run. The main benefit of that was no line for any of the rides.

These new events don't seem as specific as the ones I went to. At any rate, since I'll be staying there during Sweethearts, I may as well get the ticket. Otherwise, I'll be in my hotel room wondering what's going on over at the park all night.

Saw we have two threads going, thought I better post in this as well. Do the event tickets give you access to the park all day? Or do you need another ticket? Its not quite clear...or maybe it is and I’m just missing it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter