Disneyland After Dark- who’s going?

j9isawesome

Mouseketeer
The AP presale tickets for both up coming Disneyland After Dark events went up this morning. Regular tickets are going on sale tomorrow. Have you already bought tickets, or plan to? Which themed event, or both? Is this your first After Dark event? What are you looking forward to most? Do you have a fun outfit planned?

We just bought our tickets to both the Sweetheart night & 90s night. We are AP holders so it did hurt a bit go shell out $400 in tickets for my husband & I, but we went to the first After Dark event & had the time of our lives. So when I asked my husband which one we should do he said both! We are probably going to do a dressy disneybound of Rapunzle & Flynn/Eugene for the sweetheart night. Going to hit up the thrift store to see if we find any cheap 90s Disney gems. If not then I have my eye on some wonderfully tacky stuff on eBay, including a 90s Disney Channel logo tshirt & a pair of Mickey overalls in the same design that I had actually owned back in the 90s as a kid.

My DH and I graduated from high school in 1999 (high school sweethearts :lovestruc), so we definitely wanted to do the 90s night. I grabbed our tickets a bit ago, but I’m a tad salty that there wasn’t even a small AP/DVC discount. :guilty: Disney knows people will still purchase (which we did), and I guess it was nice of them to let us purchase one day early. :rolleyes:

The Sweetheart event didn’t really appeal to us, so we skipped on that one.

Thankfully/unfortunately my work's annual Gala is on March 9 so I can't be tempted to get tickets for the 90s night and I'm not interested in the Sweetheart night. Yay, money saved! Boo, I can't go.

I know I'm going to be so upset when I see all my favorite characters that used to meet in the 90s out, though! Looking forward to seeing pictures from those going.

I am waiting to buy tickets to the sweetheart night, what time will they go on sale on the 27th?

It was posted on another thread that there is a large expo at the convention center, I believe it’s the natural foods expo.

That makes sense, I wondered how the convention Hilton could have all those rooms sold out.

Thought it was a bit early for spring breaks.

Sigh...now I need to find a hotel. And perferably not for $300+ a night.

Bought my tickets to 90s Nite, it should be fun. I haven't been to an After Dark event yet since they never line up with our trips. We were planning on heading down in March for Food & Wine anyway, so this should work out unless they shorten the dates this year. I booked a room at a Best Western in Orange so we'll have to drive but it was way cheaper than trying to find a room nearby.

I am planning on going to the 90's night, very excited. Will be solo so if anyone wants to meet up let me know. It has been quite a few years since I have been out to Disneyland so trying to figure out what is new, etc. Very excited, this will be my first after dark event, other then Christmas or Halloween parties. Just hoping I can get my ticket tomorrow with no problems.

I'm still paying off my Halloween party trip so as much as I want to go I can't. I look forward to reports from those that are going!

If anyone has 2 extra tickets to 90’s night or can’t make it, I would be willing to buy them, didn’t buy in time and really want to go to that event. Thank you.

If anyone has 2 extra tickets to 90’s night or can’t make it, I would be willing to buy them, didn’t buy in time and really want to go to that event. Thank you.
Disboards does not allow financial transactions.

I had fully planned on going... until I saw the hotel situation. When Motel 6 is charging $275 per night (pre-tax and fees) that's my clue to stay away. o_O

I had fully planned on going... until I saw the hotel situation. When Motel 6 is charging $275 per night (pre-tax and fees) that's my clue to stay away. o_O
The hotel rates are not because of the event, there is a major convention at the convention center that starts that day.

The hotel rates are not because of the event, there is a major convention at the convention center that starts that day.

I know :) The hotel situation was already a mess the day they announced the events. Too bad though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter