Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherry, thanks for your reply above, having trouble quoting you from my phone as I'm @ LAX, waiting for our flight home. All the rows of seats @ the CP had green or red paper flowers on the end. Most were green with about 3 rows of red behind them. As far as I could tell, the AP holders had on green wristbands. We weren't given wristbands, just went to a different lane, handed in the tickets & were shown to a seat. About 10 minutes before the show was to start, the ushers said anyone in the red seats could move up to any other open green seats if we wanted to. They then allowed those standing closest to the front to come into open seats also. So some of those standing the longest got seats too.

I am sorry you have never seen the show. I was truely amazed at the amount of people who performed. Easily 3 or 4 times the amount @ WDW. I hope you will get sprinkled with some pixie dust & get to see it. You certainly deserve it for all you do to help others plan magical trips!!!

I'm seeing questions about 2012 ornaments in the parks but I'm wondering about 2012 photo albums. Can you still find those in the parks?

I believe that I have seen some but I will check again tomorrow morning to make sure. :)

Edit: I didn't see any when I went through the stores, but, that doesn't mean that there aren't any in the park.

My photo pass plus arrived in the post today. Another reminder that my trip is getting close :D

I went back over all my notes and I don't have any on best times to do the holiday HM and IASW, during the day or at night/when its dark? I plan to do both. Most of the day is unplanned except the morning which is Fantasyland then Toon Town.

I think I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to go so I go back over every detail.

I'm already in planning mode for our trip next year. We are travelling from the 28.10.13 - approx 15.11.12. The primary reason for traveling around these dates is to catch the end of Halloween, but we are desperately hoping that we can catch some of the Christmas festivities that Disneyland has to offer. Looking at all these photo's is a reminder that this trip is actually happening and gets me thinking of all the amazing memories we will have made by this time next year! :)

Sorry, I know this was mentioned before, but this thread is soooooooo long.:upsidedow

I'm just trying to find out where Santa is at the two parks. (not the hotels).

Elias and Company post in California Adventure

and

Jingle Jangle Jamboree in DL

?

Is this correct? Where are these located?

Thanks. :)

I'd like to ask a question if I may. My DH:love: surprised me on Fri, offering to delay the WDW family trip in 2015 for 1 year so that I could do a solo trip to DL during Christmas 2013. Best Christmas gift ever!! :cloud9::cloud9:So I'm trying to figure out dates for next year, and wondering if Nov 9th to 14th would be a good time to go. Have to go around DH's work schedule. Does DL have a Veterans day ceremony?? Thanks for your patience, and can't wait to start over planning this trip. I never thought I'd be able to go during Christmastime, so this is a special treat for me. Have loved all the pics and info on this thread. Keep up the greyt work!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We're back. Had a great time.
More crowded than I expected, but we got everything done we wanted to............and can't wait for our next trip in April (DH's birthday trip).

We're back too. I made a post today with some of the details and observations. I also wrote detailed trip reports each night and will be posting those to my trip report post (found in my signature).

Hi! Does anyone have parade viewing tips? How long before should we stake out a spot, and where's a good place to watch? We will be there on Christmas Eve so know there will be large crowds!! But sooo excited!

Hi! Does anyone have parade viewing tips? How long before should we stake out a spot, and where's a good place to watch? We will be there on Christmas Eve so know there will be large crowds!! But sooo excited!
Last Friday we had to arrive 2 hours before parade time to get a seat on the curb. During a busy season I would expect to show up earlier.

There's a section of the parade viewing area that is sit-down only. No strollers are allowed in the section so have to be parked outside, but it's a good section to arrive later and still be able to see. It's located on both sides of main street right before you get to the hub. It's the area near Jolly Holiday Bakery.

Last Friday we had to arrive 2 hours before parade time to get a seat on the curb. During a busy season I would expect to show up earlier.

There's a section of the parade viewing area that is sit-down only. No strollers are allowed in the section so have to be parked outside, but it's a good section to arrive later and still be able to see. It's located on both sides of main street right before you get to the hub. It's the area near Jolly Holiday Bakery.

This is the primary reason I purchased the Holiday Tour for my family. The tour itself was fun but worth every $ to me was the VIP parade viewing across from IASWH. (plus walk on to Haunted Mansion and IASWH).

Other than that you need to arrive early. Bret (mvf-m11c) gets the most wonderful parade photographs. I believe he sits right about where the tree is at the hub so the parade is coming down mainstreet right at him.

If I remember correctly the first parade (3 ish) begins back by IASW and ends at MS. The second parade reverses the route. Keep that in mind for your picture taking. :)

This is the primary reason I purchased the Holiday Tour for my family. The tour itself was fun but worth every $ to me was the VIP parade viewing across from IASWH. (plus walk on to Haunted Mansion and IASWH).

Other than that you need to arrive early. Bret (mvf-m11c) gets the most wonderful parade photographs. I believe he sits right about where the tree is at the hub so the parade is coming down mainstreet right at him.

If I remember correctly the first parade (3 ish) begins back by IASW and ends at MS. The second parade reverses the route. Keep that in mind for your picture taking. :)

Thank you! We are WDW fans but have never been to DL. Might as well start on the busiest day of the year right?! :worried:

Hi everyone!
First, thanks to everyone who is posting, I really enjoy reading about DL around christmastime - my boyfriend and I leave in two weeks and it's our first time being there during any of the holidays! Hopefully it won't be terribly crowded :)

I have a question about merchandise - for people that are there, will be there soon, or are just returning. Is all the merch seasonal? I just started a new job and have to get christmas presents for my boss and coworker. They are both really into surfing, hawaiian culture, that kind of stuff. I remember seeing a couple surf-themed pieces last time I was there in the summer, but has anyone seen anything recently? If so, where? I would LOVE to get them some sort of Disney-themed surf items....

Thank you SO MUCH if you can help me out:thumbsup2 Safe travels to everyone!

Our trip is getting closer!!! We will be leaving in two weeks!!!!! I am planning on the next two weekends getting our things packed to make absolute sure not to forget anything!!!!!!

OUR FIRST TRIP EVER!!!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Very exciting!! You will love DL!! :yay: We leave two weeks today and we are beyond excited! My kids were both saying tonight "two weeks from tonight we will be in the park right now!" This weekend will be laundry weekend (after the family that is coming leaves lol) and then we'll be in the home stretch. Can't wait!! Enjoy your trip!

I just love reading this thread! This is our first trip to DLR (been to WDW many times), and it is a surprise for our kids! One week from tomorrow I will be letting them open "one" present - which is an "I'm going to the Disneyland Resort" tshirt for each of them! Yea! Can't wait! :cheer2: Thank you to everyone for all the great info!

For those of you who have been recently (or are there now) - is there any 2012 merch left in the parks at all?

I listened to the podcast and heard about the special treats! How much do the sugar cookies cost and are they character shapes? Also I didn't hear any mention of the tamales, do they have them this year?

Very exciting!! You will love DL!! :yay: We leave two weeks today and we are beyond excited! My kids were both saying tonight "two weeks from tonight we will be in the park right now!" This weekend will be laundry weekend (after the family that is coming leaves lol) and then we'll be in the home stretch. Can't wait!! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks enjoy yours also!!...My kids are 4 and 5 so they don't really understand time and all that so I made a countdown with mickey ears on our wall so every night we take one off so they can tell it's getting closer!! I got all of our laundry done last weekend and got most of my kids stuff together this weekend were getting haircuts and stuff and finishing packing because I have to work up until the day we leave!! I think I am just as excited if not more than my kids...I just can't wait to see there faces!!!!

I just love reading this thread! This is our first trip to DLR (been to WDW many times), and it is a surprise for our kids! One week from tomorrow I will be letting them open "one" present - which is an "I'm going to the Disneyland Resort" tshirt for each of them! Yea! Can't wait! :cheer2: Thank you to everyone for all the great info!

For those of you who have been recently (or are there now) - is there any 2012 merch left in the parks at all?

I really wish I could have kept ours a secret but I just couldn't lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter