Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews

Mahi Mahi Sandwich - This is hard because I couldn't eat much of it. It had way too much spice on it. I also found it fishy tasting. I know that sounds odd because it is a fish sandwich but I love fish. I don't like a fishy smell and taste though - almost like it's been sitting around too long. I do love Contempo Cafe's mahi mahi sandwich at WDW and thought it would be comparable to that but it isn't. My DH did finish it for me and he liked it fine.

Kids Chicken Nuggets - The kids had these just about everywhere but since I couldn't eat my sandwich, I ate the kids nuggets - if they let me! They are so good - simple, easy, and consistently tasty across DL. They are chicken breast nuggets with a fabulous breading on them and are very tasty :thumbsup2

Pineapple Swirl Dole Whip - This was good. They seem to swirl the pineapple and vanilla taste in the actual mix because it was NOT a swirl of the pineapple and vanilla like they have at WDW. I enjoyed the treat, but it was not as fantastic as the WDW dole whip swirl is that our family likes.

Corn Dog - Scrumptous! The batter is light and fluffy and there is lots of it! The hot dog itself is a good piece of meat too. The combination was perfect. Love this :thumbsup2 They do allow you to order it alone or with chips and apples for just over $1 more. I got the chips and apples too and while the apples were perfect after a fatty corn dog, I didn't eat the chips. Luckily I just saved them for later since they were in a bag!

Chicken Breast Nuggets - I know, I know, you can get these anywhere, but they hit the spot! Nothing fancy to write about with these. But this place does have a toppings bar where I happily got a mound (a MOUND) of pickles. My family loves pickles so we at them all and it was perfect!

Onion Rings - Yum! I love onion rings and these were great. You can't get them everywhere so I get them when I can. Full onions in a battered ring - use the toppings bar if you want to get fancy ;)

Karl Strauss Beer - I wanted something different and they have a few different kinds of beer. I got an amber and it had a good bite to it that said it was not ... bud light (sorry honey, I know you love that stuff :goodvibes).

Rita's Grand Margarita - Good. I was looking for a mixed drink and found this. Perfect to walk around the park and to watch WOC. It's just a frozen margarita from a mix but they top it with some grand marnier. It hit the spot.

Kalua Pork Flatbread - Good. I'm not fond of bbq sauce for a pizza sauce but my DH likes it. I found it good, but I prefer the cheese.

Cheese Flatbread - Great! It's basic, but yummy. Thin, crispy pizza crust with tomato sauce and cheese.

Chicken Breast Nuggets - I know these are basic and I love them (as you can see from my other posts) but I had to mention the fabulous jasmine rice they serve with this! In the kids meal!!! I wish I had eaten other adult meals here to try some of their other items that came with this rice - it was fabulous!!

I just want to mention this has a very Polynesian - Captain Cooks feel to it but a lot less crowded! And the service is so great here - they bring the food to your table when it is ready. And it's quick service!

Pork flatbread & Cheese flatbread - you can see my previous post (pork is good, cheese is great) but clearly Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's share a kitchen (same building and right next to each other with similar menus). They don't have a lot of food here so it's more like an appetizer spot.

Uh Oa - Adult drink, good. The presentation is the fun part. The restaurant has a storm of sorts and they make your drink spark like a volcano. They do this with cinnamon though. I love cinnamon but this is a LOT of cinnamon so try not to stir the drink and drink around the cinnamon. The drink itself was yummy but I don't know how MORE than two people would share it. DH and I downed the thing in record time :lmao:

Beignets - FABULOUS! Light, fluffy, hot, fresh - yum! We passed this by on our walk from DLH to DL and they had 6 for $7. We went in, got 'em, and ate and walked to DL - perfect!

Awesome Appetizer Sampler - Good, nothing spectacular though. I got this to share with my daughter as an entree and it was still too big for all of us! It had fried cheese sticks and chicken tenders along with the chimi-cha-chas and artichoke and spinach dip.

Tomato Basil Soup - EXCELLENT! DH and I liked this the most of all.

DH and DS got other stuff but I didn't try it and I don't remember what they got!

Our last trip we went to Riverbelle Terrace a few times for their Turkey & prime rib Sandwiches on a roll, it comes with 2 sides, I think they had baked beans,fruit, potato salad (that is all I remember). They were really good.

Our next trip is in July and we plan to do more Disney dining and try some diff. places.
We ate mostly the food we brought in and mcdonalds, and only ate at the disney restraunts a few times , 3 or 4 were at Riverbelle Terrace since we already knew what the food tasted like and we liked it.

I am going to read alot more reviews and see what sounds good so we can plan to try more food at the park!

Beignets - FABULOUS! Light, fluffy, hot, fresh - yum! We passed this by on our walk from DLH to DL and they had 6 for $7. We went in, got 'em, and ate and walked to DL - perfect!

What are the beignets? I hear people rave about them but not sure what it is. Is it a dessert? What part of the park do you buy them in?

What are the beignets? I hear people rave about them but not sure what it is. Is it a dessert? What part of the park do you buy them in?

Like a fluffy donut. Her review is about the ones at the Jazz Kitchen. You can also get them at Cafe Orleans shaped like Mickey.

Which bengiets are better, Jazz kitchen or Cafe orleans?

I see at the Jazz kitchen you get 6 large ones for $8 and at
cafe orleans is is around the same price for one (it says it comes with raspberry/vanilla something?).

Which bengiets are better, Jazz kitchen or Cafe orleans?

I see at the Jazz kitchen you get 6 large ones for $8 and at
cafe orleans is is around the same price for one (it says it comes with raspberry/vanilla something?).

IMO the Jazz Kitchen ones are a million times better.

We always get them on our way back to the hotel or for dessert or for any other random reason we can come up with:thumbsup2

We decided to go for the WoC package at WCT, and we were impressed.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the food at DLR. We're local, so we try to avoid eating in the parks whenever we can, because the food is expensive, and usually microwaved.

We went to the WCT and I had the seafood pasta, which was ok, but not great. The scallops were a little fishy, and I thought that it would have been better with a lighter pasta, like angel hair, but they used spaghetti. It was still good for Disney food. It was a three course meal -- salad, entree, and dessert. They also had unlimited bread, fresh from the oven, that was really good.

My boyfriend had the filet, and it was fantastic. It was a great cut of meat, and it was a little overdone for him (he asked for medium rare, and it came out medium), but it was still really good -- perfectly seasoned, and very tender. The filet was served with bleu cheese, and came with a side of fresh green beans and potatoes.

The dessert was fantastic -- it was a sampler platter with macaroons (pistachio and raspberry), tiramisu, vanilla custard with berries, and an espresso chocolate torte.

You really can't beat a good filet, salad, bread, and dessert (plus WoC tickets) for $39. We definitely have plans to go back and do this again.

9/8-9/10/12

Napa Rose (at Grand Californian Hotel) - Where Blue Bayou wins in ambiance, Napa Rose sits above all in food quality. Hands down, the best restaurant in DLR - no other holds a candle to it among all DL, DCA, or Downtown Disney restaurants. Try the diver scallops to start, melts in your mouth. I had the pork chop, was a great flavor profile topped with peaches and a black bean & bacon base. My wife had the filet (requested medium rare finish), again, melts in your mouth. Ask for the Lasseter Winery Rose - John Lasseter's family owns vineyards and they distribute their wine to Disney resorts only, not sold in stores! Very cool and unique thing to try, keep the cork as a keepsake! Best dessert on the menu is the smore, blew my mind! MUST TRY. Expensive (more than Blue Bayou), but if you're willing or able to do one big dinner out, go to Napa Rose. The bar lounge has a better ambiance than the dining room, so sit there - first come, first served.

Blue Bayou - Setting was amazing as always, my wife and I were seated on the railing by the water of POTC, never sat there in five lifetime visits. Garden salad was very good, lemon dressing was tasty. We both got surf and turf - lobster tail hit the spot. Filet was a little dry (requested medium finish) and portion maybe enough to split for two. Potatoes gratin were a little oily, tasted a bit like mac & cheese and would rather ask for mashed or roasted potatoes instead.

OK, it can now be said i am a moron! I see folks saying they have posted reviews but i cant find one! Can someone help me find some Disneyland reviews? Where do these things show up. I am 43 and not a total idiot when it comes to the interwebz, but i simply thought that a thread in the forum that stated it was about reviews...well...would have reviews.

What am i missing??

Please educate me.

Denicio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter