DisneyLAND bound!!

Lisa -- I'll be glad to do it over the next few days, if I can figure out how to. :teeth:

That medal is sooo heavy! SO many people in the parks have asked where they can get one!

BTW -- Howard's time was about 2:07 and mine was about 3:24, which I think may be 5 minutes faster than January. But I owe that to Kristi, who was so generous and upbeat and stayed with me and motivated me through the toughest miles of the course. That girl is a dynamo. Love ya, kiddo! :love: :hug:

Thanks to everyone here who sent pixiedust: and :goodvibes: and :grouphug: I thought of you all often during the race!

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Anyone ready to post a pic of those fabulous medals???
Here you go:

DLmedal3.jpg
DLmedalback.jpg

Race report to come sometime soon...

And if you look on eBay, at least 3 people are willing to pay $50 for one, and someone has theirs at a Buy It Now of $180.00... LOL! I bet a ton more will show up...

Anybody else receive an email survey about the DL half? I got one that asked a series of questions about the event, rating different aspects and asking for likes and dislikes. Hopefully they will have learned a few things....overall I had a great time!

WDWFAN9 said:
Anybody else receive an email survey about the DL half? I got one that asked a series of questions about the event, rating different aspects and asking for likes and dislikes. Hopefully they will have learned a few things....overall I had a great time!
I got the survey as well - glad to know they're looking for feedback, and right after the race while our memories are fresh. The questions about Kasier Permanente were hilarious, though. :rotfl:

I didn't get the survey but the only 2 things I had any issue with were ....

1) people taking more or non-racers taking things at the refreshment stands meant for the racers (both Sat and Sun) which I don't think happens at WDW because I remember that there was plenty of food when I came thru in Jan and I was towards the end (somewhere in the 11,000 places). I think possibly this is because you had to be wearing a bib to go thru the food tent to the finish line. Possibly DL just doesn't have the space to be able to create the ending line-up that WDW is able to.

2) No bananas at mile 6!!! Waaaa!!! I went into this thing so afraid I was going to pass out from hunger LMBO I was hungry because even though I brought my bagel to the staging I was to nervous to finish it so probably need more nutrition pre-race. But I did it so I guess not having the banana didn't hurt me :) I need to find something I can woof down in staging easily.

or and just thought of this one.... the official race background that had the huge line, they obivous needed 2 of those. There wasn't a line for the other background so I was able to jump in front of it and get a quick photo.

All in all I was happily surprised at how smooth it did go. I think they did do a very good job and just have a few places to tweak only due to the limited space they are working with.

My Golden Inaugural DL 1/2 Ears off to the Team at DL that pulled this race off so nicely. :cheer2:

And a special cheer out to those winners, I have to go and read the press releases but I thought I read in a glance that the male finisher was a former CM!?!?! How kewl!!!

See you all in just over 3 months!!!!! :banana: I'll be the one searching for the banana at mile 6 LMBO

oh one last.... I said when I finished that I wouldn't do this race again due to the hills (and I mean when I finished, minutes after) I've revised my decision. No I'm not going back in 2007 but I will keep an open mind and when I feel I am faster and stronger to handle those hills I will return. Afterall there was soo much of DL that I still need to see and do. Might as well do the race again at the same time ;) Best of luck to those that ARE signing up for the DL 2007 race. :cheer2:

Diane,

I agree with you about the food issue! And I thought the finish area itself was confusing. I wanted my medal first thing, but instead had to go past the space blankets and get my chip cut off before I got my beautiful castle medal. The "official" background line for photos was l-o-n-g, why couldn't all of them been the same?? And then not all of the food lines were fully stocked when DH and I went through, not a huge deal, but still.....All in all though we had a blast, and I am so glad we went!

Did anyone check out the results for the over 75yr age group? There were 8 participants - 7 finished before me!! And one finished just after me! Wow! That is so amazing!! I hope I am out there plugging away when I get to that age!

Wasn't the oldest racer 82? Either they haven't been added yet (which I recall people being added a few weeks yet after Jan's) or they didn't finish which is really a bummer either way I hope they are alright.

Very kewl and inspirational for those doing it at that age. Also very inspirational and amazing was watching the young ones who did the 5K and see them racing by. I can't remember how close the the front the youngest one was but I do recall a young boy being at the front of the pack and being floored that he was beating out the older and possibly more experienced runners.

Man I can't wait for January now! LOL All my clothes from the weekend are now washed so I can leave whenever the rest of you are ready to LMBO :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter