Disneyland Christmas Celebration 2022

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
🎄🎅🤶
Disney Parks Blog released some information today for the upcoming Christmas celebration at Disneyland Resort.
🧑‍🎄🦌⛪

Here's a list of what has been announced so far:
  1. Believe… In Holiday Magic” fireworks
  2. World of Color – Season of Light”!
  3. 7-foot gingerbread house in the lobby of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
  4. Disney characters donning their holiday finest
This is only what was announced today. More details with additional offerings should be coming as we get closer to Christmas.

Disney is currently celebrating halfway to Christmas, which is why they released these details today without having a full list.

See more details here:
http://the360ofdisney.com/2022/06/23/christmas-2022-at-disneyland-info/

Any guesses on the start of the holiday season this year? I'm thinking the first week of November may be too soon, but Disney can be surprising!
Last year, the first Christmas party was on November 11th. I don't know that the first week of November is possible as they tend to take a few days to tear down Halloween and put up Christmas, but it isn't unreasonable to think they'd be ready to go around November 8th or somewhere around there.

Please remind me again, is the Candlelight Procession offered on the 1st Saturday or 1st Sunday or both?? Thx!

Edited to add: Found my comments from the Saturday, 12/4/2021 showing ... so it must, at least, include the 1st Saturday:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/processional.3861252/

It's both! I was there for it on Sunday last year. (And by there for it, I mean... it was happening while I was there. I did not camp out for it like some people do.)

Any guesses on the start of the holiday season this year? I'm thinking the first week of November may be too soon, but Disney can be surprising!
I want to say I remember being there on Nov 6th and everything was up. The parade wasn't going, but I remember the decorations, etc. Need to pull up my pics on my phone for timestamps. LOL

Last year, the first Christmas party was on November 11th. I don't know that the first week of November is possible as they tend to take a few days to tear down Halloween and put up Christmas, but it isn't unreasonable to think they'd be ready to go around November 8th or somewhere around there.

They also start putting up the winter holiday stuff before Halloween which helps speed up the transition.

So do we think it's likely they'll do parties again? And what changes will they make to Merriest Nites if they decide to keep it? I'd love to see more special treats offered and mobile ordering sorted out. And cooler merchandise!

Does anyone know what date they announced the dates of the Christmas parties last year? I need to book my park reservations mid August and want to make sure to book my starting park correctly.

They had Christmas parties at Disneyland last year? I thought those were only at Walt Disney World. If so, I'm interested to hear more!
They were limited. Maybe 6 or 8 parties total? On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I think. They weren't like the World ones. No free snacks or cookie scavenger hunt, and I don't even think there was fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter