Disneyland DAS Advance

2tinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We are within our 30 day window of going to DLR for my daughter’s birthday. We tried to do the video chat on Friday evening and the wait time was too long and I was afraid they would close before they got to us. Logged in again this morning about 10am PST. Everything was fine got a message that the wait time was 6 hours. Fine because we are just sitting here working on projects. “Madison” comes on and asks if we want to continue. I respond with “yes.” The time goes to 2.5 hours. Then the bot says it will be 4 hours. No problem. We keep getting that refresh error about every 1/2 hour. After 3 hours of waiting suddenly we get this “agent has ended the conversation” and the pop up comes up to rate the conversation. UGH!

Now I realize they are busy and 30 days is right in the middle of Halloween season. But please! I am patient. I am okay with waiting. I just don’t want to be kicked out and have to start the queue again. I wish there was a person in the chat instead of a bot. Another thought: couldn’t they just say it is a bot instead of naming it “Ethel.”

This whole experience is frustrating to my daughter. A complete meltdown was adverted.

So here is my question/problem. Our first day is the Oogie Boogie Bash with entrance at 3:00pm and the party starting at 6:00pm. This is a separate ticket event but we have our 3 day tickets in the following days. All tickets are within 30 days. We wanted to ride a couple of rides during the mix in time and then also have the DAS attached to the regular tickets. Would you try the DAS Advance again or would you opt to try in person on the day of the party?

My daughter and I were working on a cross stitch project while we waited. We logged back in and started over. I set a boundary and slightly before my “give up” time, we got connected into the chat. Shirley was wonderful. We even got disconnect a couple of times on the chat. She reconnected us. We have the DAS for the party and our regular tickets. Yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter