DisneyLAND DAS Video registration live now! Genie/Genie+ going live December 8

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
The Disneyland website DAS page has been updated with information and a link to do DAS video registration - currently available for guests arriving on or after December 20.
Same as WDW, it says guests may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.

DAS Advance Selections have a one hour window for use and include select attractions (specifics and times subject to availability)

Genie and Genie+ have been announced to begin December 8 - Disneyland website Genie page

Link to Disney Parks blog announcing Dec 8 start date

Last edited:
It sounds like the ability to make return times thru the app isn’t going to start on Dec 8 along with G+. It just says “stayed tuned” for more info. I was hoping this would be available too. I guess we’ll just have to stay tuned.

The Disneyland website DAS page has been updated with information and a link to do DAS video registration - currently available for guests arriving on or after December 20.
Same as WDW, it says guests may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.

DAS Advance Selections have a one hour window for use and include select attractions (specifics and times subject to availability)

Genie and Genie+ have been announced to begin December 8 - Disneyland website Genie page

Link to Disney Parks blog announcing Dec 8 start date
Thanks for letting us know!! I need to try this for my son for our arrival in early January.

It sounds like the ability to make return times thru the app isn’t going to start on Dec 8 along with G+. It just says “stayed tuned” for more info. I was hoping this would be available too. I guess we’ll just have to stay tuned.
Yes.
some Of the information, including ability to make DAS Return Times on the app, still says ‘coming soon’

Those who have used the system at WDW can you tell me if we are able to have a DAS and pay for Genie +? I'm sure its buried in a thread somewhere, I'm at work and cant spend time digging right now.

We will be requesting a DAS for my daughter for our trip to Disneyland this month. I would like to use both if possible. There will be rides my boys want to do, that my daughter won't and vice versa. Plus, I would hate to use my one ride per day with Genie and have her need to leave the line thus wasting the LL for the day. With December crowds I KNOW this is going to happen at some point. I also anticipate her needing to leave the park and take a break at least once. So, if the boys can stay in the park and continue using Genie + that would be ideal. Thanks!

Those who have used the system at WDW can you tell me if we are able to have a DAS and pay for Genie +?
Yes, the 2 work separately. At WDW you are welcome to use Genie+ in combination with DAS - similar to how FP+ worked with DAS in the past. I expect you could do both at DL as well.

I've been trying to get a live video chat since the announcement, but nothing works. I can't even get to the queue. I just have a spinning wheel where the "request a video chat" button is supposed to be

I've been trying to get a live video chat since the announcement, but nothing works. I can't even get to the queue. I just have a spinning wheel where the "request a video chat" button is supposed to be
A whole bunch of the internet is down right now, including systems used by Disney for things like reading park passes to get into parks and access to My Disney Experience. Right now, DAS is down and guests are needing to obtain a paper card from Guest Services and get DAS Return Times written in.
It’s likely you spinning wheel is related to that Outage

A whole bunch of the internet is down right now, including systems used by Disney for things like reading park passes to get into parks and access to My Disney Experience. Right now, DAS is down and guests are needing to obtain a paper card from Guest Services and get DAS Return Times written in.
It’s likely you spinning wheel is related to that Outage
Thanks for the help, but that actually wasn't the issue. Had to turn my webpage from English Canadian to English United States. Fyi, that's true for many things I'm finding out.

Wondering how this works on app. DAS if to DS and his ticket is on my signin. Will DAS show up since ticket is attached to my app?

30days for MLK day coming up next week so looking forward to see people's experience on the video chat for DL and options.

We were at Disneyland yesterday. We did not get Genie+ (was not planning due to late night the day before). We arrived in the park around 10 via monorail and went to the GS kiosk in Tomorrowland to get a return time for our DAS. There were about 5-6 groups in front of me (and the lady behind me told me that she had been to the one Main Street and the line was 3x as long). By that time, both G+ and DAS systems were totally down. Others in line were asking about doing the DAS via the app and were told they would be able to, but with the system down, I never saw a DAS tab on my phone. We were given paper DAS to get return times. It worked out but there were definitely a lot of people unhappy in the parks with the day. Met one family with a young child who needed the DAS and they said they were in line over an hour to get that for her.

Wondering how this works on app. DAS if to DS and his ticket is on my signin. Will DAS show up since ticket is attached to my app?

30days for MLK day coming up next week so looking forward to see people's experience on the video chat for DL and options.
This is how it works at WDW, assuming it will work the same at DL

- if the ticket is on your sign in, it is linked to your Friends & Family group and you are the one in control of it
- DAS shows up (if everything is working) after the DAS user has tapped into the park

On the Home Screen of the Disney app, tap the 3 lines at the bottom of the page.

BD730E1A-D6EB-4006-8BBD-02F521E434B7.jpeg

That will open a page of TILES and the DAS tile will appear at the bottom of the ‘tile’ page after the DAS user has entered the park. At WDW, the DAS tile stayed visible until the park closed for the day.
Tapping the DAS tile opens a page of the attractions that are available for DAS Return Times.
FE1E529F-B185-47B2-8AB8-C52821F79804.jpeg

It's working on ow at Disneyland, and it's wonderful. You choose a return time by selecting the attraction on the map, then tapping a DAS icon. Choose your party. The return time is usually 10 min sooner than the wait time. You can cancel, too

Just finished up DAS Chat today. 5min wait. Computer is the slow part of things, just like at the umbrellas! Feel so sorry for the CMs dealing with this tech ALL-DAY-LONG.

She was able to pull old DAS forward without issue and didn't need DS to video either.

Setup the 2 1 hour return days for all three days without issue. Times are a little more constrained, but this is totally icing on the cake IMHO and kudos for Disney to offer it ahead.

Confirmed that DAS tile doesn't show up until AFTER scanning into park.

You can see the reservations until Both Genie day for visit (change dates) or the traditional tile - future plans.

Just finished up DAS Chat today. 5min wait. Computer is the slow part of things, just like at the umbrellas! Feel so sorry for the CMs dealing with this tech ALL-DAY-LONG.

She was able to pull old DAS forward without issue and didn't need DS to video either.

Setup the 2 1 hour return days for all three days without issue. Times are a little more constrained, but this is totally icing on the cake IMHO and kudos for Disney to offer it ahead.

Confirmed that DAS tile doesn't show up until AFTER scanning into park.

You can see the reservations until Both Genie day for visit (change dates) or the traditional tile - future plans.
Did you log in right at 9am? I’ve been trying for the last few days before Xmas and I waited hours all three times only to get totally dropped. The whole process was just so frustrating with the login in every 30 min and it would take be to the wrong screen and then navigating back to the right page...yeah it’s been a pain. I was going to give up and just do it at the park. I’m glad yours went smoothly. But I‘m a glutton for punishment when it come to Disney, so I may try again.

I thought I'd share my experience with the Disneyland DAS Video Chat today, Feb 7th.

I logged in, accepted the Terms & Conditions and connected to the chat at 6:30pm.

I was immediately asked if my dates were within the 2-30 day window and my starting park date. I was then put in the queue to chat with a CM.

I connected with a CM on chat about a minute later. She verified that all members of my party had park tickets and reservations linked to my account. She then verified that the DAS guest (me) was present and asked if I was ready for the video chat. Once I confirmed, I was put in the queue for the video chat.

I was only logged out once while waiting, so I logged back in and wrote something in the app to verify I was still connected.

At 7:15pm, a CM came on the chat and verified my information. He then connected the video chat. It only took a couple of minutes to verify everyone I wanted to include in my DAS party and explain why I needed DAS. The CM then went over the rules of the program and verified I knew how to use DAS in the app, which I had already used in December.

The CM then asked if I had any questions. I was able to verify that the DAS expires 60 days from the date of the call, so April 7th in my case. He also confirmed that any DAS Advance Selections would automatically convert to Multiple Experience passes if the ride was down during my time window.

While we were still on the Video Chat, he went ahead and booked my DAS Advance Selections for each day. I was given 3 specific times to choose from: morning, afternoon and evening for each ride, when available. Once each ride was booked, it immediately appeared in the app under Future Plans. I was glad we did the Advance Selections on the video chat, because it was so much faster to verbally go through each selection rather than having to type everything out. I wrapped up the video chat at 7:25pm.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is they're allowing you to book your first DAS Advance Selection in your starting park tied to your park reservation. However, the second DAS Advance Selection can be from either park if you're park hopping.

I'm so glad I did the Video Chat. I was so surprised to be connected in 45 minutes and done 10 minutes later, especially during the busier evening hours. It's also one less line to deal with when I get to the parks, so I can just immediately start booking rides in the app.

I thought I'd share my experience with the Disneyland DAS Video Chat today, Feb 7th.

I logged in, accepted the Terms & Conditions and connected to the chat at 6:30pm.

I was immediately asked if my dates were within the 2-30 day window and my starting park date. I was then put in the queue to chat with a CM.

I connected with a CM on chat about a minute later. She verified that all members of my party had park tickets and reservations linked to my account. She then verified that the DAS guest (me) was present and asked if I was ready for the video chat. Once I confirmed, I was put in the queue for the video chat.

I was only logged out once while waiting, so I logged back in and wrote something in the app to verify I was still connected.

At 7:15pm, a CM came on the chat and verified my information. He then connected the video chat. It only took a couple of minutes to verify everyone I wanted to include in my DAS party and explain why I needed DAS. The CM then went over the rules of the program and verified I knew how to use DAS in the app, which I had already used in December.

The CM then asked if I had any questions. I was able to verify that the DAS expires 60 days from the date of the call, so April 7th in my case. He also confirmed that any DAS Advance Selections would automatically convert to Multiple Experience passes if the ride was down during my time window.

While we were still on the Video Chat, he went ahead and booked my DAS Advance Selections for each day. I was given 3 specific times to choose from: morning, afternoon and evening for each ride, when available. Once each ride was booked, it immediately appeared in the app under Future Plans. I was glad we did the Advance Selections on the video chat, because it was so much faster to verbally go through each selection rather than having to type everything out. I wrapped up the video chat at 7:25pm.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is they're allowing you to book your first DAS Advance Selection in your starting park tied to your park reservation. However, the second DAS Advance Selection can be from either park if you're park hopping.

I'm so glad I did the Video Chat. I was so surprised to be connected in 45 minutes and done 10 minutes later, especially during the busier evening hours. It's also one less line to deal with when I get to the parks, so I can just immediately start booking rides in the app.
Thanks for your report and glad to hear it was pretty easy.

I have read an account before yours about the bolded point. As far as I know, it applies only to Disneyland - the 2 California parks are so much closer to each other and easier to move between.

Thanks for your report and glad to hear it was pretty easy.

I have read an account before yours about the bolded point. As far as I know, it applies only to Disneyland - the 2 California parks are so much closer to each other and easier to move between.
It was definitely a nice surprise and I'm so glad they're offering it!

When signing up for DAS at DisneyLAND, is it 30 days from arrival and then you can book advanced selection for all days of your trip (like the way most WDW agents do it).... or is it 30 days from EACH park day (which is kind of how dining at DL works)?

When signing up for DAS at DisneyLAND, is it 30 days from arrival and then you can book advanced selection for all days of your trip (like the way most WDW agents do it).... or is it 30 days from EACH park day (which is kind of how dining at DL works)?
The website says the same for both Disneyland and WDW:

“Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.”

”You can book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option between 2 to 30 days prior to a park visit.”

Disneyland website DAS information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter