DisneyLAND DAS Video registration live now! Genie/Genie+ going live December 8

The website says the same for both Disneyland and WDW:

“Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.”

”You can book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option between 2 to 30 days prior to a park visit.”

Disneyland website DAS information
Yes, I realize what the website says. But in practice WDW allows you to book advanced reservations for your whole trip (ie. 6 days) all at your 30 day mark. I'm asking if DL has that same practice? Or if they usually make you log on every day for 6 days if you have a 6 day trip (at the 30 day mark).

Yes, I realize what the website says. But in practice WDW allows you to book advanced reservations for your whole trip (ie. 6 days) all at your 30 day mark. I'm asking if DL has that same practice? Or if they usually make you log on every day for 6 days if you have a 6 day trip (at the 30 day mark).
It’s been inconsistent for WDW.
Some people at WDW have been able to do reservations for the whole trip and others have been told they need to log in daily. That includes someone who posted late last week that they needed to log in daily.

I would assume you won’t be able to do for your whole trip.
I think (but don’t know for sure) that some CMs were ‘giving pixie dust’ by doing more days than the website indicates and they may be cracking down on that.

Those who have used the system at WDW can you tell me if we are able to have a DAS and pay for Genie +? I'm sure its buried in a thread somewhere, I'm at work and cant spend time digging right now.

We will be requesting a DAS for my daughter for our trip to Disneyland this month. I would like to use both if possible. There will be rides my boys want to do, that my daughter won't and vice versa. Plus, I would hate to use my one ride per day with Genie and have her need to leave the line thus wasting the LL for the day. With December crowds I KNOW this is going to happen at some point. I also anticipate her needing to leave the park and take a break at least once. So, if the boys can stay in the park and continue using Genie + that would be ideal. Thanks!
I'm interested in this exact question. Were you able to do it and was it worth it to get Genie+?

I was able to book all days 30 days out. Apparently I accidentally called 31 days early. He signed me up for DAS but didn’t book any days. I called the next day, she booked me for one day and left the chat not asking if I had other questions, etc. I got back in the queue and the next lady let me book the next 4 days noting it’s not technically allowed.

Thank you for the useful information in this thread!
I will be travelling with my DS, SIL and nephew next summer (boys will be 7 and 8). Nephew is autistic and so SIL would like to apply for DAS to help him with the park experience. We are getting 5 day tickets so I'm hoping this will also make it a bit easier for us all!

I have never used DAS and was wondering if DS and I will need to queue whilst SIL and nephew go off and explore? Does it vary by ride?
Also what if once we get to the parks he changes his mind about one of the advanced bookings? Would we be able to change it or do we forfeit it?

Thank you for the useful information in this thread!
I will be travelling with my DS, SIL and nephew next summer (boys will be 7 and 8). Nephew is autistic and so SIL would like to apply for DAS to help him with the park experience. We are getting 5 day tickets so I'm hoping this will also make it a bit easier for us all!

I have never used DAS and was wondering if DS and I will need to queue whilst SIL and nephew go off and explore? Does it vary by ride?
Also what if once we get to the parks he changes his mind about one of the advanced bookings? Would we be able to change it or do we forfeit it?

Howdy! So, the DAS covers the holder (in this case, your nephew) and 5 additional guests. So it seems like, if it just you 4, that you would all be able to stay together. As far as the advanced bookings go, no. You cannot change them once you arrive, and if you do not want to do them, you will forfeit them.

Nephew also HAS to ride any ride you get a return time for. So if you got a time for It's A Small World the day of (not in advance), but when it is time to go, he decides he does not want to ride, no one can ride on his DAS return time.

Howdy! So, the DAS covers the holder (in this case, your nephew) and 5 additional guests. So it seems like, if it just you 4, that you would all be able to stay together. As far as the advanced bookings go, no. You cannot change them once you arrive, and if you do not want to do them, you will forfeit them.

Nephew also HAS to ride any ride you get a return time for. So if you got a time for It's A Small World the day of (not in advance), but when it is time to go, he decides he does not want to ride, no one can ride on his DAS return time.
Thank you very much for this - it makes sense and it's good to know thanks!
We will make sure we choose our advance selections carefully to try and make sure it'll be the rides he really wants to do! It makes perfect sense that he should be with us so I will bare that in mind if he's not sure of wanting to ride.
Thank you!

This is an older thread, but probably the best one to ask instead of opening a new one.
The last time I used DAS was at Disney World in 2022. I am now going to Disneyland Anaheim in May 2024. Any changes in the request procedure or differences between the two parks I need to take into account?

Thank you for your help!

This is an older thread, but probably the best one to ask instead of opening a new one.
The last time I used DAS was at Disney World in 2022. I am now going to Disneyland Anaheim in May 2024. Any changes in the request procedure or differences between the two parks I need to take into account?

Thank you for your help!
Try asking this on the DL board. There have been a few threads there about DAS at DLR, so posters with recent experience can help you.

Thank you for your help!
The request process via video chat was practically the same. For DL it felt like there were a lot more auto-prompts in the chat to verify I was within 30 days, the start of my trip, the individual requesting DAS was present, etc. but those are all minor things. The biggest difference was it specifically said to log out of the DL app on any phones or other devices so I was only logged in on the web, whereas I never had to do that for WDW.

The actual call was exactly the same as with WDW, same types of questions and then booked the pre-selects. I have park hopper and they did say I could pick pre-selects from either park, it would just have to be after 11am if for my second park.

My DL trip is in about 2.5 weeks so I can update on the in-park experience after but so far it seems as if everything should be nearly identical as WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter