Disneyland Escape trouble

valkyriefeathers

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone ^_^

I've spoken to Disney Weddings about an Escape package at Disneyland for January 2015, but as they can't book it until September, I'm a little lacking in information.
They sent me a brochure with locations and cake choices and such, but I would really love to know a bit more.

For some reason, when I opt to 'Plan' my wedding on their website, it will only allow me to selected 'Wishes' for California - Escape is totally absent!
Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm big on planning (I've already booked my flights and the rest of my Honeymoon) and I was really hoping to see what choices are available re; Bouquets, cake decorations, etc.

So if anyone has any info, I would be really, really grateful :goodvibes

I had a look through the Disneyland FAQ but couldn't really find what I'm looking for (hope I didn't miss anything!)

Thanks all! ^_^

I had the same experience you used to be able to save all your choices for a Disneyland Escape but now it doesn't look like you can which sucks. Ultimately I went with a WDW Escape as it makes more sense for us but it would be nice for DL brides to be able to preplan their Escapes online like we can at WDW.

I've just recently been in your shoes, and I don't mean to worry you, but unless you can change your reservations if needed, I would not book hotel or flight for honey mooning. I know a lot of people have not had any problems with their dates, but I did. It took a lot of going back and forth to get my date set, and if I had booked our honeymoon for our original date, I would have been weeks too late. For instance I you've picked January 5th, a wishes bride could book before September for your date and venues. Even a business party can take up like 3 venues at a time! Keep in mind though that there are like 3-4 venues to choose from!

As hard as it is, of planning is a big deal for you, escape wedding might not be your best option. It's really difficult to not know anything until six months out, which is exactly what they'll do. Escape weddings, to me, are the most affordable, practical option. Memories was far too small for us. There is a lot of sitting on your toes though waiting and waiting.

Once you can start planning, though, the excitement and all that really kicks in! Now that we are planning I finally feel like a bride!!

If an escape is what you're after, my best advice to you is plan what you can without involving Disney. Guest list, wedding dress, shoes, tux styles, wedding colors, music, things of that nature. And then just sit pretty until September. They will probably in about August start asking you more seriously for a date or two that you're committing to, and your venues plus ones you're open to if yours aren't available. This way they can put temporary holds on your spots (even though they are subject to be booked under the temporary hold) while they're putting your contract together.

Also yes, I have the same problem with the website!! Frustrating!!
Thanks!
I've allowed 9 days in Anaheim before we move on.. I really hope that's enough!
They're not likely to book out are they? Isn't January the coldest month in the States?
Almost no one has weddings in winter here...

Thanks! I've allowed 9 days in Anaheim before we move on.. I really hope that's enough! They're not likely to book out are they? Isn't January the coldest month in the States? Almost no one has weddings in winter here...

Not so in California- the weather is beautiful there all year round, generally. It might be a little colder, but not much I think.

Thanks!
I've allowed 9 days in Anaheim before we move on.. I really hope that's enough!
They're not likely to book out are they? Isn't January the coldest month in the States?
Almost no one has weddings in winter here...

I would think 9 would be enough. The chances of all nine days and venues being completely booked seems slim to none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter