• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Express Transportation

To be perfectly honest, we went through some transitioning last year and had to stretch buses between our Sightseeing Tour Service. Since Jan 2017, we no longer do sightseeing tours and are now focusing on the DRE and Charter Coaches. Last year we had to use buses that were also used for tours and that probably showed in some of the quality of those buses. We don't have to do that anymore. In response to the TV's: Disney has not given us the "Rights" to show their movies on our buses. Occasionally a driver will put in a children's movie, but due to the "rights" issue it is discouraged. I am trying to at least get a promotional video from Disney, specifically Walt Disney Travel to play on the buses. I know that doesn't sound entertaining, but they have great promo videos that are fun to watch and give you info for all the fun stuff to see at the parks. Now to address the AC. When the weather gets over 95 degrees, large buses always have a problem sustaining the AC. It has always been a problem in the busing industry. On those days, when the AC is used up and needs a break, we try to switch out those buses. We definitely do not want our guests to have to put up with that and our drivers will certainly bring those buses to our yard (in Anaheim) to switch them out, as they don't like to drive a hot bus. It's not always recommended to respond to a post in this manner, but I personally believe that by being up front and honest, we can get better feedback and make the service great again.
Thank you for all the great info!!

Karen Parker -- I agree; the website is really problematic. There's another thread here somewhere where people were posting about whether or not the website was even legit or not. I got all kinds of warnings on my computer when I tried to go there from a link but it ended up being fine.

Here's the thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneyland-express.3616652/

By the way, for anyone else reading this thread, I believe the reason Karen is posting here is a result of an email I sent (including a link to this thread) asking for clarification on the condition of their busses after a negative experience we had last year that I've already posted about. So this is not just a company butting into a thread but a response to a customer's inquiry. For what it's worth ... I'm hopeful things will improve as we've always enjoyed using this service in the past.

BTW, we do enjoy even seeing the promo videos on the busses. If a customer brought their own movie DVD, would the driver be able to play it? Just a thought. We're flying into LAX and the hour drive is a long one.

BTW, we do enjoy even seeing the promo videos on the busses. If a customer brought their own movie DVD, would the driver be able to play it? Just a thought. We're flying into LAX and the hour drive is a long one.
I hope something can be played. We're arriving on Wednesday next week and should be taking the 3:45 bus from LAX on Wednesday. I realized that's putting us into LA traffic at commute time and the ride to DL potentially could be close to two hours. Keeping the kids entertained would be easier with something playing on the TVs.

We took the DLE from LAX to GCH today and it was a great trip. I think the drivers name is Charles - we were on the 7pm bus and ended up the only passengers on for the drive. He was super friendly, pointed out movie trivia/locations along the way, talked about the area and places to go/eat and was a safe driver. The bus was clean and on time. I know I had read some not so great reviews recently, but wanted to say we had better service today than we did when Greyhound operated it.

I do wish they ran a little later at night though. The last bus at 8pm makes it hard sometimes.

Thank you so much. This made my day. We are working hard to improve. Charles is actually new to the DRE, but the great thing about him is that he used to do the LA/Hollywood Tour when we operated sightseeing. He misses that job, but it's great to see that he found a way to integrate those tours into the Airport Transportation.

We took the DLE from LAX to GCH today and it was a great trip. I think the drivers name is Charles - we were on the 7pm bus and ended up the only passengers on for the drive. He was super friendly, pointed out movie trivia/locations along the way, talked about the area and places to go/eat and was a safe driver. The bus was clean and on time. I know I had read some not so great reviews recently, but wanted to say we had better service today than we did when Greyhound operated it.

I do wish they ran a little later at night though. The last bus at 8pm makes it hard sometimes.

Was there a Disney movie?

We plan to take it tomorrow; will report back.

This is super handy, thanks! I was a little worried because we've always used DLR Express, and had read some recent bad experiences on here. My kids never watch the movie, they're just so excited to be on a bus on the freeway, but I've always used the Wifi, so hopefully that still sticks around. When you're coming off a plane from another country, it's nice to be able to check emails, etc.

I wonder if Charles was our driver from LAX to Sheraton Park. Man in his 60s with long blond hair. He was so entertaining! We really enjoyed him. We wished we had him driving us back to the airport.

Had a good experience today. The bus was cool, clean, and Monsters Inc was playing. Did not try wifi. It was also on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter