Disneyland Fairy Godmailer?

cpicco

Earning My Ears
Hi all! This will be our first time to Disneyland, though we have been to WDW 3 times over the past 4 years. Each time we have gone to WDW we have contacted a DISer who was going before us and that person has sent our kids postcards from their favorite characters saying 'I can't wait to see you, etc' Then when we are there I send out some to people going in the months following.

Would love to continue this from Disneyland but could not find an actual thread, if this is something that is done or if anyone is interested. PM me if you can send and/or you would like me to do so!

Thanks so much!

When are you going to DL? That will help anyone who might be there before you to help you with your "fairy godmailer" request!

I would love to do this! I have 2 daughters...one who will be 20 months on our trip and even though she can't read (obviously), it would be so great to save for her! The other is 20 and a big kid...we all our...she would be thrilled as well I am sure! I would definitely love to send to a family as well! We are going at the end of June/beg of July. :)

If anyone would like this, please feel free to PM me. We will be there in a week, and are usually there every 6-8 weeks. If you don't require a stamp from Anaheim, they can be done anytime, as I am one of those who has a ton of postcards, stamps, and has a friend of Mickey who signs great!! She can also do a few other sigs....

I love this idea. However my trip isnt till end of September.

But I got to thinking and came to an easy conclusion to help with your GREAT idea (and i will be doing this for my gf as well now).

On ebay they sell TONS of postcards. So buy a postcard of your liking or a specific character in which you want it to be written from. Then when you get the card in the mail, write your letter from your character on it. Once your done just self address/stamp it to the person you want it to be sent to in the end (child). Then put the card in an envelope and contact DL and figure out who you can send it too. Probably a resort employee who can receive the letter and have the postcard sent from DL, postmarked and everything! (i assume that's what you want, the postmark from Anaheim).:thumbsup2

Im on my way to ebay to look for a postcard from my gf's favorite character :) I will also look up what that characters signature is suppose to look like to make it more authentic. Maybe spray with some perfume since its from a princess and maybe some glitter? hmm :scratchin this is fun!

I won't have any way to get to an Anaheim post office, but I would gladly do this for you. I'm going may 31-June 3

We are going next week. Pm me and we will get it done!

I think the postmark from Anaheim is important. :) But I don't think you have to go to a post office. At least at WDW, you could drop mail off in the lobby to be mailed for you, as long as you bring post card stamps with you.

There are Mailboxes inside DL too to mail from! I keep meaning to send ourselves something when were there to see the postmark!

Could we start a list here of fairy godmothers? Anyone going after me that I can send to? I am going July 1st - July 7th. :goodvibes

Anyone here want to send to my two girls?

Nichole's loves Tinkerbell and Perry (from Phineous and Ferb)

Olivia loves Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse and Phineous.

I can PM my address to someone if there are any takers. :)

I have a question about this... Sounds like a cool idea but was wondering how exactly you would do it. Would you write the message (example "see you in July!") and then have the character sign? Regardless of how it's done, this is really cool and I love the idea.

We're going April 18 - 21. I can send a postcard to someone.

Does someone want to organize the list?

Also, does anyone remember where you can buy postcard stamps in the 'land? I haven't bought any in about 10 years... and I think we bought them at the bank on Main Street back then?

We're going April 18 - 21. I can send a postcard to someone.

Does someone want to organize the list?

Also, does anyone remember where you can buy postcard stamps in the 'land? I haven't bought any in about 10 years... and I think we bought them at the bank on Main Street back then?

You can buy stamps in the GCH or DLH business center. A CM in the park told me that you couldn't buy them in the park, only the hotels.

What a great idea!!!

I'm thinking it would be neato burrito to get a big Mickey glove and take a photo of the postcard going into the mailbox on Main St.

Or that specific character holding it out. But a simple postcard from Anaheim would be special too!

I'm there all the time and would totally do it! (please send me a big cartoon glove! ha ha)

eta: actually if all thats needed is the Anaheim postmark, then I'm here all the time!

I have a question about this... Sounds like a cool idea but was wondering how exactly you would do it. Would you write the message (example "see you in July!") and then have the character sign? Regardless of how it's done, this is really cool and I love the idea.
What I have done in the past was get post cards, and take them to character meals and get various signatures. Currently, my daughter will sign the cards and leaves a note like See you soon! or Missing you!

What I have done in the past was get post cards, and take them to character meals and get various signatures. Currently, my daughter will sign the cards and leaves a note like See you soon! or Missing you!

Okay cool!! Yeah I was just curious how it would work because while I'd love to help-I don't have handwriting (for the message, not the signature) that would work with ANY of the characters. Haha. But I guess as long as you keep the message simple and just write neatly, anyone could write the message to go along with the autograph.

I am willing to help out for good karma. :-)

I am a local who is fortunate enough to be able to go to the park a few times a month and would be able to purchase Disneyland postcards ( shouldn't cost too much on my end if I use my AP discount , 20 % off ) .

I will be at the park tomorrow and will test the theory out that if the items are actually posted Disneyland or Anaheim when mailed form inside the park by sending myself a card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter