• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland - First , Last Or Middle

marvel

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what people think about going to DL at the beginning, end or middle of a vacation. Planning a 3 -4 week trip in california in Oct, including
San Fran, Vegas, San Diego and Disneyland but I am having trouble deciding on what to do first??

Have two kids 7 and 5 so firstly thought having Disney first would be better, but then again looking forward to Disney might also be good.

Would love to know what others think and how they would put the itenary together.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you going to have a car?

Are you planning on flying into one airport and flying out of another?

One thing is for certain. Watch the DL website for schedules and refurbishments. You might find that during October if you go in the middle of the week to avoid crowds, you might miss fireworks, parades, fantasmic.

Yes, I'd visit Disneyland at a time when crowds are low, and rides are not being refurbished.

October crowds should be low, as long as you avoid any holiday weekends.

Watch out for rides like haunted Mansion and Small world being closed for the holiday makeover.

Other than that, I would put Disney at the end - it was the absolute highlight of our US holiday, but it came at the start so everything was a little bit of a letdown after that! Having it at the end would end the holiday on an absolute high for me.

I agree, save the best for last. If those were my choices, I would do San Francisco, Las Vegas, San Diego, and finish with Disneyland! Have a great trip!

Andrea

Thanks for all the tips. After readin LUCYKATE's trip report we have decided to actually drive most of the way around. Probably start at san fran, drive to yosemite, vegas, the disneyland and maybe relax in sand diego at the end.

Anyhow that is the thinking thus far. Have to work out all the hours of driving
involved now. The plan was to hit disneyland around 2 october and be there
all week including the weekend in case we miss fireworks and parades.

Cheers.

Thank you - I'm very flattered!

This website - http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm would indicate that apart from Columbus Day weekend, crowds are VERY low in October. It should be a great time to go (But weekend crowds are always much bigger than week days).

This website - http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050328.htm#Rehabs would also indicate that the ride refurbs should be over by then and you should be able to see Haunted Mansion and Small world in the their holiday glory.

To drive from Yosemite to Vegas you need to go via Tioga Pass, which is currently closed because of heavy snow. However, this has never reopened later than July 1, and never closed earlier than October 17 (although this happened last year) - see http://www.nps.gov/yose/trip/tioga.htm#dates.

Have a great trip - your route sounds brilliant, and if you need any more help PM me or email us through the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter