Disneyland first timer report

Thank you SO much for the suggestions!! My niece is graduating and we are taking a girls' trip to LA. This is my surprise for her. I want it to be magical! ;)

To the OP: the crowds this past weekend were similar to the photo posted earlier in this thread. We went from 27-30 and you could barely move anywhere on the Saturday the 27th. I vow to never go on a weekend again.

Huh? I am pretty sure that DLR has more attractions than WDW.

Wiki states that as of 2017 Disneyland park has 53 attractions and California Adventure has 37 while Disney World has 115 in its four parks. That equates to 78%. Really depends on what you define as attractions. Wiki uses Disney's own list of what they call attractions which includes all rides and shows.

To the OP: the crowds this past weekend were similar to the photo posted earlier in this thread. We went from 27-30 and you could barely move anywhere on the Saturday the 27th. I vow to never go on a weekend again.
I think part of the issue was that was the last weekend for Halloween. A lot of people seeing the decor. That said, my friends that were there on Sat say it was relatively calm. Maybe slightly more crowded than an average Sat. Sundays are usually more crowded than Saturdays.

I was there that Saturday but spent the whole day in dca. Saturdays are usually better then weekdays except during Halloween time.

Wiki states that as of 2017 Disneyland park has 53 attractions and California Adventure has 37 while Disney World has 115 in its four parks. That equates to 78%. Really depends on what you define as attractions. Wiki uses Disney's own list of what they call attractions which includes all rides and shows.

I don't know what Wiki you mean but they aren't using the Disney list if they are including shows. Disney defines attractions and shows separately.

There are nowhere near 115 attractions at WDW by any definition - even the Disney one which includes every animal as a separate "attraction" at Animal Kingdom. As far as actual attractions there are somewhere between 75 and 80.

Planning to go to Disneyland for a quick trip in June. We've been to WDW multiple times. Recommendations to get the most out of Disneyland in a day???

*you can leave Disneyland and go back to lodging between 2-6 to rest, hydrate and snack, preparing for night excursion into Disneyland...with little time traveling to lodging.

*that there are quiet spots to rest in the ROA area.

* become aware of the pathways into the ROA area

* have a note card of the location of the bathrooms, not as easy to find as won would think.

* the most common observation from this year summer visit by WDWets.....characters are very abundant for photo ops.

There are nowhere near 115 attractions at WDW by any definition - even the Disney one which includes every animal as a separate "attraction" at Animal Kingdom. As far as actual attractions there are somewhere between 75 and 80.

It depends on what you consider an attraction. Counting all things to do meaning shows and rides etc. there are more at WDW than at DLR using the same definition. I can easily reach well over 100 at WDW without counting each animal at AK. DLR is under 100. Don't get me wrong, I'm a long time Disneyland AP'er and love it and Disney has packed a ton into only 2 parks. But there are more attractions at WDW at least by what I and many websites consider an attraction. WDWInfo has similar comparisons to Wiki.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter