• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Forward Updated Documents

I think this looks very similar to the original Disneyland Forward design that was released some time ago. It's 'blue sky' and the finished product (if it happens) may be nothing like this. All we can do is wait and see. I'm not going to get excited at this point.

I note that it appears this is a 'noise level' drawing so it may encompass ALL possible rides/shows in one drawing rather than 'scenario 1, scenario 2, etc' for the purpose of informing the surrounding neighborhoods (and Disney imagineers) of potential 'noise pollution' issues.

Oh, wow! So Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier would be (sort of) right in the park? I wonder what they're planning to do about hotel parking? And does this mean that you would enter the DLH hotel when checking in off of Walnut?

I'm also a little confused about what this does with Disneyland Drive.

That's a very ambitious project. It would mean a lot more construction activity in the DLH/PPH areas.

Thanks for sharing that!
I think the plan is slowly take over that area

I don't think it would all open at once, so DCA would slowly creep towards the hotels and think it would be 10ish years if not longer before they would need to take the parking lots.

But yes, they will need to change how a lot of the parking for the hotels and DTD works

I think the plan is slowly take over that area

I don't think it would all open at once, so DCA would slowly creep towards the hotels and think it would be 10ish years if not longer before they would need to take the parking lots.

But yes, they will need to change how a lot of the parking for the hotels and DTD works
Well, the weird thing about looking at it from the standpoint of it being so long term is wondering if I'll still be around to worry about it!

Well, the weird thing about looking at it from the standpoint of it being so long term is wondering if I'll still be around to worry about it!
I've seen other's say this as well

"I'd be excited about these new thrill rides...if I wasn't going to be old by the time these rides get built" lol

But from what many are readying from these plans, are mainly Disney s trying to just get the land near the hotels to be zoned for theme park so at Disney leisure they can add to the parks when they like

As much as I prefer surface-level parking lots to parking garages, single-level lots are not efficient. Look at all that open parking around Disneyland now, even with the conversion of the original parking lot to DCA and the building of the big parking structures for park guests. Disney could build multilevel garages for DLH and PPH guests and free up lots of ground-level area.

The only thing that makes sense is for them to shorten Downtown disney to end at Disneyland Drive, and have the entrance there. That still leaves the question as to how to access the DLH.
To me, it looks like there might be an underground walk way between the north and south sections - right around where #60 is on the map.

It isn't. That label is just above some Downtown Disney buildings, over some of the backstage buildings in Disneyland Park. I don't know what the small building is under the lefthand part of the label, but I'm pretty sure the big building on the right is for the Indy ride. So quite a ways south from Critter Country.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8099378,-117.9234278,470m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu
Thanks for that. It is a funky map and doesn't give good bearings of the overall layout of the Disney footprint.

To me, it looks like there might be an underground walk way between the north and south sections - right around where #60 is on the map.
If you're talking about the estimated 60dB level just above the curved path between Disneyland Drive and Adventure Tower, it's unlikely that would be underground because it's labeled with "Noise Source" icons. 60dB next to a pedestrian walkway would make sense. Note the much higher decibel levels near the areas marked as outdoor shows and thrill rides.

If you're talking about the estimated 60dB level just above the curved path between Disneyland Drive and Adventure Tower, it's unlikely that would be underground because it's labeled with "Noise Source" icons. 60dB next to a pedestrian walkway would make sense. Note the much higher decibel levels near the areas marked as outdoor shows and thrill rides.
Yes, but 60 is relatively quiet. Notice that the dB between R1 and R2 (Poinciana Park?) is about 60dB and within R1 it is 60dB (Holgate Dr?). The 65dB at the bottom right corner of R1 is the Anaheimer Inn.

Yes, but 60 is relatively quiet. Notice that the dB between R1 and R2 (Poinciana Park?) is about 60dB and within R1 it is 60dB (Holgate Dr?). The 65dB at the bottom right corner of R1 is the Anaheimer Inn.
Those are all areas where people would likely be walking and talking, but not screaming. :-) 60dB is a logical noise level for that situation. (It does seem a little low for the areas along Walnut Drive, but maybe there isn't much traffic there.) No need for the walkway to be underground to account for that noise level. In fact, if it were underground, the dB levels would be much lower at ground level.

it looks awesome, but where are people going to park for the hotels (and for downtown disney)? I also wonder what happens to the monorail. Also, they are building completely new buildings for downtown disney right now where part of the park appears to be. As well as the walkway from the DLH through DD to the original 2 parks.

Maybe it will be two levels or something.
Additional parking garages would be built (they’re actually in the renderings) if you skim the EIR it’s noted where the structures would likely go. Monorail would stay where it is (also mentioned in the EIR.

Additional parking garages would be built (they’re actually in the renderings) if you skim the EIR it’s noted where the structures would likely go. Monorail would stay where it is (also mentioned in the EIR.
My thanks to you and all of the others who (a) know how to read these things and (b) do so with a fine-toothed comb!

Honestly, with the financial state that Disney is in, I do not see this happening anytime soon. Disney is contemplating selling off ABC and some cable channels plus the Disney and Comcast deal over Hulu is coming up at the end of this month. Disney will likely buy out Comcast 33% share of Hulu for billions. This is just PR to get the city of Anaheim to change the zoning regulations on the land. Once the zoning changes happen, Disney will shelve the project and proceed with another plan down the road. Will there be an Anaheim expnasion, YES but nothing like what is being offered and projected now. MY OPINION AND PURE SPECULATION.

Last edited:
Honestly, with the financial state that Disney is in, I do not see this happening anytime soon. Disney is contemplating selling off ABC and some cable channels plus the Disney and Comcast deal over Hulu is coming up at the end of this month. Disney will likely buy out Comcast 33% share of Hulu for billions. This is just PR to get the city of Anaheim to change the zoning regulations on the land. Once the zoning changes happen, Disney will shelve the project and proceed with another plan down the road. Will there be an Anaheim expnasion, YES but nothing like what is being offered and projected now.
It's a 30 year plan, I doubt they would even start using this area until a year or two after Splash Retheme is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter