• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland full today!

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
Today when I went over to DL, I could not believe how long the lines were for DCA, then I found out why. People were being turned away at the gate at DL because it was full. That has never happened to me before. I went to DTD for awhile then came back to DCA after the lines went down. At 5:30 I thought I would try again to get in to DL, but when I got out there, the lines to get in to DL were backed up all the way to DCA. So I decided to skip trying to get back in for the fireworks tonight and just came back to my hotel. I will have some time to go there tomorrow morning before our flight home, but I feel sorry for the people who only had today to go. Surprisingly, DCA was not that crowded even with DL closed.

Amazing! Well, I just got back from Disneyland and it was the absolute busiest that I have ever seen it for an early Dec. Other friends of mine that had gone these past two weeks have reported the same. I guess that all bets are off for the 50th.

I was at Disneyland this exact same weekend last year and it was packed, but not to capacity thank goodness. But it was the most crowded I had ever seen it. I am sorry the OP never made it in today. Better luck tomorrow!

Sunshine56 said:
OH MY!!!! I can only imagine what it is going to be like when we are there over Christmas. :confused3 :guilty:

The wife and I went to DL over Christmas last year. It was absolutely packed. By the afternoon, people were walking/standing shoulder to shoulder. The lines for the major rides were over an hour long. It was amazingly crowded.

We enjoyed ourselves by seeing shows, fireworks and people watching, but man..it was really crowded.

WOW!! Glad we were there last week and not this week!

It was busy, but we never had to wait more than 20 minutes. We got into some rides after less then 5 mintutes!
And there was still room for us in the shows and stuff.

A CM told us one day she figured it to ba at about 30,000. (that was on thursday.) She said she has never seen it that busy for the beginning of December, but the whole year has been so busy because of all the celebrations!
We found it not too bad thursday, busier on the weekend, and actually quite busy on monday and tuesday and wednesday. We thought the middle of the week would be less busy, but it wasn't!

Oh dear--this doesn't bode well for us next week... Just wondering, are there 2 entrances to DL--one off the monorail? We're scheduled to arrive around 1:00 p.m. next Saturday, and I have tickets for a tour at 6:00. I'm wondering if we'll be able to get in the park then?! :earseek:

I also dropped by DLR tonight with Disney Sis at about 5:30pm and saw lines to DL all the way to the giant California letters to DCA. By the time we left at 9pm, there was still a line, but nothing on the scale seen earlier in the day. Was bummed I wasn't able to head in and take pictures of the lights, but there's always later I guess.

On the DCA front, it wasn't packed, but the major rides still had wait times. I haven't been to DCA for awhile, but it looks like the Monster's Inc. ride is going to open Jan '06, the animation building now has princess' to take pictures with, and the Talking with Crush segment was really neat. I was even surprised to find a christmas tree on land, not in the middle of the lake like it has been the last few years. Oh, and Surfer Santa was all dressed hawaiian...complete with hawaiian shirt.

We went to Disneyland yesterday too. We got there around 4:30 and there was only a few people in line in front of us. We must have just got there at the right time.
I thought it was crowded but we didn't wait in lines very long.
We did get stuck on main street trying to leave the park though. I think they wern't allowing anyone to leave the park for an hour or so? I'm not sure. Did anyone else get stuck in this?
I think I am going to take my kids on tuesday morning and hopefully it won't be too crowded and we can have a nice morning/afternoon.

Well, we just got back from DL and DCA. While on the tram heading back to the park, they announced that both DCA and DL were closed. We did find out after taking pics with Santa and GCH that we could get in through the hotel entrance to DCA, so they CM may have been confused about DCA being closed.

We will be heading there early in the AM to get our egg nog and candy cane fudge and hit a couple rides and then we are off.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.

Hmm, my aunt and uncle also have passports and they almost always go up every Saturday. Most likely they went up that day. I wonder if they got in, or if they did, they probably didn't have much fun with it being so packed. Closed down? Yikes, says I.

I heard that they closed the gates around 3:55 (this is when I heard one CM yell over to another CM that "they finally closed the gates.") It was pretty crowded in there.

I am worried.... if this happens when I am there... Cause I plan to head back to the motel during the day for a couple hours. Is there a way to guarentee reentry?

Rivergallery said:
I am worried.... if this happens when I am there... Cause I plan to head back to the motel during the day for a couple hours. Is there a way to guarentee reentry?
Usually with a hand stamp and ticket they will let you back in.

OK.... I am worried that the closure would mean we wouldn't be allowed back in :S.
I will try not to worry! :)

Sorry for asking, but why would you want to be let back in? When they close the park and no longer let people in, it's gotta be on the brink of insanity in there. It's no fun waiting two hours per ride, or standing over a table like a vulture to grab it after the people leave. That's how it was 11/11 and it was awful! Unless you try to find fun by watching shows that aren't as popular, it's not going to be such a good time.

because 1/2 my party will still be at the parks... they don't plan to leave except for dinner.
I am taking my 3 yr old son and plan to take a break in the afternoon...
The point of returning it mostly to catch the parades ;). I have it planned to do most of the rides in the am.

Sunshine56 said:
OH MY!!!! I can only imagine what it is going to be like when we are there over Christmas. :confused3 :guilty:

Busy I Tell You! Very, Very Busy!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

janet

But nothing a Mojito won't cure! ;)

I am just back from DL and went last year at the exaxct same time and it is definitely busier than last year but still tollerable early. Crowds get bad just before the christmas parade and are crazy by the time fireworks are due and leaving is a mess as they only open the center gate and funnel everybody through that.

Yeah, the gates were closed for a few hours at Disneyland yesterday, but they did open up again around 7:30. I also know that they stopped selling tickets around 1:00. For anyone thinking about going during the next few weeks, be warned. There are a few types of closures for Disneyland. First they stop selling tickets and don't let castmembers in, after that if it's still really crowded, they will close the entrances so no one can get in until enough people have left (not even the handstamp promises anything for this). So if you intend on leaving, ask to see what your chances of getting back in are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter