• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland Good neighbor hotel help

I have not yet stayed at the Westin (it is in the plans.). I have heard a lot of positives.

Here is my opinion. If you can afford the Grand or DLH without cutting out days on your trip or having to bring back pack meals, stay onsite. When my kids were younger (as in 20+ years ago) my question when planning was "Where do you want to stay?" and their answer was "Where we can stay the longest and eat park food." We have stayed in literally every motel/hotel in the area (except 1, which I said I would sleep in my car before staying there.). Among my favorites are Candy Cane Inn (under refurbishment), Residence Inn on Katella, Hilton Anaheim, Hojo's (haven't stayed there in 6 years), Homewood Suites on Harbor (walk to buses), Doubletree on Harbor(not walkable) just to name a few.

Home2suites 13 min walk
Residence inn convention center
Homewood suites 20 min walk - we stay here

We always stay in a hotel with kitchenette due to kids allergies.

DH and I stayed at DLH late 2019. It wasn’t worth it. Google maps says 9 min walk from the gates. But it felt longer, trying to squeeze through, around and dodging crowds.

Is there a shuttle option or anything from Homewood Suites? Or does ART still exist? I've stayed at a Homewood Suites in another city before and liked it so I'm wondering about the ones here.

Is there a shuttle option or anything from Homewood Suites? Or does ART still exist? I've stayed at a Homewood Suites in another city before and liked it so I'm wondering about the ones here.

The Homewood Convention Center is right next to the Toy Story parking lot. You can walk into Toy Story and take the shuttle, though I understand this is less convenient than it used to be since they have moved the bus loading area.

Be aware that there are two Homewoods- the Convention Center one and the "Main Gate Area" one. The Convention Center one is newer and closer. The Main Gate area one is even farther down Harbor and doesn't seem to get great reviews. I really like the Homewood Suites Convention Center and have stayed there multiple times though if you have a car be aware that parking was a NIGHTMARE last time we stayed there (last summer). We arrived late at night and there were no available spots other than one marked for an EV which we are not. But it didn't have a charging station or anything so since weren't going to be "ICE-ing" anyone we parked there anyway as we didn't really have a choice.

ART is still around but I would look for recent reports/reviews as they have been mixed.

Art still exists. Long walk helps our kids calm down on the way home. sensory stuff.

I told my adult family to get Uber /lyft to the park. We would using bubble bums for our kids except we have a 2 yo now.

Tropicana has rooms with a kitchen! So does element, and home 2 suites as mentioned above. I believe Desert Palms also has rooms with a kitchen.

we mainly stay off site. But, it’s so nice to stay in the Disney bubble if we can! If this is a once in a lifetime splurge, you may want to stay onsite. Otherwise, like others have mentioned, the JW is super nice (we have stayed) and the Westin looks incredible (on our list to try). We also just recently stayed at the radisson Blu and loved it! Have fun trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter