Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

First RunDisney event for my family - When do they typically release the course maps for the weekend?

Not a huge deal, but 30~ days out feels strange to only have an approximate start/finish line location and no finalized course for races of this size.

First RunDisney event for my family - When do they typically release the course maps for the weekend?

Not a huge deal, but 30~ days out feels strange to only have an approximate start/finish line location and no finalized course for races of this size.

runDisney generally releases the event guide about 1-2 weeks before the race.

It's standard for them. Since it's been so long since the last RD event in DL I'm not sure we have historical info on when maps have been released in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get both weekends' (this and WDW Marathon) guides out before Christmas.

I know they're going to get extra crowds that day between the half marathon and long weekend but that seems insane. That they're giving availability to ONLY people with single park tickets seems strange too.

Anyway, I'm booked for Friday and Saturday now. Hopefully will get a shot to book Sunday too.
Apparently there’s a huge travel gymnastics meet at the convention center too.

I know this info must be around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Is PhotoPass basically the same here as in Disney World, as far as runDisney events go? Thanks!
I've been searching the Disneyland site as well as other Disney-focused sites, plus I've downloaded and searched the Disneyland app, and still can't figure out basic info about purchasing PhotoPass. (Lot's of info about using, linking, etc.)

I'll be running all 3 races, plus plan to visit one park (Disneyland) on Sunday. I'd like to be able to download all of my pictures from the races plus any from the park visit.

The one thing that seems sure it that Genie+ gets you pictures for that day, so that's an option for Sunday. However, I saw something saying it's only good starting at 6am, maybe that won't work for the race after all.

Supposedly there are also one day PhotoPass options. Some sites say it's $20/day, some say $30/day. I can't find it on the actual Disneyland site.

Also I see references to a one week PhotoPass. I see some places saying it's $78, others saying it's $60.

Does anyone have recent experience with this, or can point to where on the site I should be looking for the real info and on how I can actually purchase it? Thanks for any help!

I am not sure how cancelling a reservation affects availability, but I have a Trader Sam's reservation for Friday the 12th at 11:35 am I am going to be cancelling in a few minutes.

I've been searching the Disneyland site as well as other Disney-focused sites, plus I've downloaded and searched the Disneyland app, and still can't figure out basic info about purchasing PhotoPass. (Lot's of info about using, linking, etc.)

I'll be running all 3 races, plus plan to visit one park (Disneyland) on Sunday. I'd like to be able to download all of my pictures from the races plus any from the park visit.

The one thing that seems sure it that Genie+ gets you pictures for that day, so that's an option for Sunday. However, I saw something saying it's only good starting at 6am, maybe that won't work for the race after all.

Supposedly there are also one day PhotoPass options. Some sites say it's $20/day, some say $30/day. I can't find it on the actual Disneyland site.

Also I see references to a one week PhotoPass. I see some places saying it's $78, others saying it's $60.

Does anyone have recent experience with this, or can point to where on the site I should be looking for the real info and on how I can actually purchase it? Thanks for any help!
I decide to just send rundisney a message about the photo issues. So I would suggest everyone do the same thing so they can send out a message to us about it. I am so afraid they do not even realize the issue since they are use to wdw photos.

I kinda think it is folded into Genie and you buy a one day Genie at $30ish to get your photos. But yes, runDisney needs to address that because you usually can’t buy Genie until you’ve scanned into the park for the day (unless you pre purchased it). Plus the “after 6AM“ part.

I kinda think it is folded into Genie and you buy a one day Genie at $30ish to get your photos. But yes, runDisney needs to address that because you usually can’t buy Genie until you’ve scanned into the park for the day (unless you pre purchased it). Plus the “after 6AM“ part.
Yep that 6am part is what worries me, I emailed them that specific question...I did not pre purchase it cause my kid normally has DAS. So I only need the photos on certain days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter