Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

How long is everyone staying in Cali for the run? We don’t get to Anaheim till Saturday.

Also, do we think the coast to coast medal pins will sell out on day 1 of expo? I’m hoping to grab one… This will probably be the only coast to coast run I ever do! Ha.

I’m at work today and it’s KILLING ME! I took tomorrow off to pack and run last minute errands, then my friend Eric and I fly to LAX on Wednesday evening. There’s rain in the forecast here in Boston but I’m hoping it doesn’t impact our flight.
I used to live in Boston and do NOT miss Logan at all! Whenever we'd go to WDW we'd drive to Providence.

The one character set that I want to see - and might even consider getting in trouble with the balloon ladies for - is Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip. Aurora is my girl and I've never seen her on a race course. I know that she's out at some races, just not at the ones I've done. And if they are near the castle, it's a done deal that I am stopping.

I'm not that optimistic about Star Wars characters, I know it was a Pixar themed race but they didn't have anything significant when they ran through GE for the 10 miler so I'm going to assume the same for this weekend. Anything extra is a bonus (that I'd be very happy about!). I'm more optimistic about Marvel characters though, just based on the fact that they don't get the opportunity to involve them in the WDW races. When I was at DL last year they had a weird spot for photo ops but it seemed like every time I was walking by there was a different character taking photos with guests, not to mention the Spider-Man and Wakanda shows.

How long is everyone staying in Cali for the run? We don’t get to Anaheim till Saturday.
We don’t get in until Saturday, either, but we’re staying until Wednesday the 17th (park days on Monday and Tuesday).

The only two bad things are that we don’t get there in time to do the meetup on Friday, and the expo isn’t likely to have any merch left when we get there. 🙁

This is our first DL trip, so I’m really looking forward to seeing everything. We’re in Georgia, so WDW is easy to do. DL is complicated. I’m not looking forward to packing. I’m used to just packing a full car of whatever I think I might need. Packing to fly cross-country is tricky!

I'm not that optimistic about Star Wars characters, I know it was a Pixar themed race but they didn't have anything significant when they ran through GE for the 10 miler so I'm going to assume the same for this weekend. Anything extra is a bonus (that I'd be very happy about!). I'm more optimistic about Marvel characters though, just based on the fact that they don't get the opportunity to involve them in the WDW races. When I was at DL last year they had a weird spot for photo ops but it seemed like every time I was walking by there was a different character taking photos with guests, not to mention the Spider-Man and Wakanda shows.
They did have some storm troopers up on a catwalk for selfies during the Toy Story 10 miler at WDW plus mile marker 4 was SW themed vs Pixar like the rest I don’t know if they had anything during the last two W&D halves that also did a SWGE leg

They did have some storm troopers up on a catwalk for selfies during the Toy Story 10 miler at WDW plus mile marker 4 was SW themed vs Pixar like the rest I don’t know if they had anything during the last two W&D halves that also did a SWGE leg
I don't know if anyone stopped since they were having a sewage problem. "What an incredible smell you've discovered."

I don't know if anyone stopped since they were having a sewage problem. "What an incredible smell you've discovered."
Hey at the time I just thought the funk was due to the earlier rain 🤷🏻‍♀️I took a blury un save able selfie then moved on to be underwhelmed with the lack of Toy Story entertainment in Toy Story land in a Toy Story themed race (aside from no line for photopass at the entrance statue)

The one character set that I want to see - and might even consider getting in trouble with the balloon ladies for - is Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip. Aurora is my girl and I've never seen her on a race course. I know that she's out at some races, just not at the ones I've done. And if they are near the castle, it's a done deal that I am stopping.
I don’t remember which year but I definitely remember them being out before in a previous year together at the castle. So you might get lucky on that one.

I’m leaving Wednesday morning and expecting to get into Long Beach about mid day

After several flight delays we got in to San Diego at midnight local time. We’re heading to Anaheim Thursday leaving Monday.

Keep an eye on your flights. With the grounding of the 737 Max-9 it’s causing a bit of chaos.
I've checked and thankfully my plane Wednesday is an Airbus. For those flying today though, there's also a big system in the middle of the country. My dad is flying back to Denver today from MW and I warned him it could be bumpy. The radar shot is impressive.

I've checked and thankfully my plane Wednesday is an Airbus. For those flying today though, there's also a big system in the middle of the country. My dad is flying back to Denver today from MW and I warned him it could be bumpy. The radar shot is impressive.
Yeah I mentioned this upthread but while I’m arriving Wednesday. The car went out this weekend and was parked at the airport to prevent the airlines from damaging my chair to the point of non racing again. And his flight backs been delayed already from the system. Rough day too with the big playoff game in town for us

I am on my plane from MCO to LAX! No impacts to this route, thankfully. The real bummer is having to work from my hotel the next couple of days. But since I work central time, I will log off around 2-3 and can spend the afternoon/evening in the parks. I had so little park time over marathon weekend that I’m looking forward to slowing down a bit in Disneyland. I feel great post-marathon and have an exit row with lots of leg room so I’m feeling optimistic about the upcoming races.

Just no rain, PLEASE :rotfl:

So jealous of everyone coming early. I don't get in until Friday afternoon and not sure if I should go to the expo first or try to make the meet up. Also naively didn't realize the parks would be sold out and I could just buy tickets when I get there and now only Wednesday is available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter