Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Been a while since I ran in a runDisney race, but does anyone know how far in advance we will learn corral assignments as well as what the route will be? I know that the start/finish line has been move to Disney Way (disappointed) but wanted to see if anyone knew anything else.

It's going to be super hard to determine a place for pre-race meetups with nobody having done this location for staging/start before. I can bring a sign similar to what we use at WDW and hope for the best for the 5K. Once we've seen it, I'm guessing we'll have a better idea for the subsequent races.

Not a huge expert on DD but I seem to recall Tortilla Joe's having a gigantic outdoor space. Just to toss something out there.

I figured once we get a staging map then we choose a location near one of their fixed objects (like food truck). But yea, too soon to nail that down.

Been a while since I ran in a runDisney race, but does anyone know how far in advance we will learn corral assignments as well as what the route will be? I know that the start/finish line has been move to Disney Way (disappointed) but wanted to see if anyone knew anything else.

Corral assignments at the expo. You’ll get bib number a few days prior but WDW hasn’t posted corral assignments in a few years.

Route usually when we get event guide. Usually 2 weeks or so in advance.

But none of that is definitive.

Another solo traveler here. I'd love to join a Trader Sam's group! That's the main reservation I'll be trying for tomorrow. :)

Also, I'm planning on trying Napa Rose at some point on the trip. Would anyone else be interested in meeting up for a meal there? I currently have a reservation for Friday night but would be open to switching to any night Thurs through Sun.

Another solo traveler here. I'd love to join a Trader Sam's group! That's the main reservation I'll be trying for tomorrow. :)

Also, I'm planning on trying Napa Rose at some point on the trip. Would anyone else be interested in meeting up for a meal there? I currently have a reservation for Friday night but would be open to switching to any night Thurs through Sun.
Me too! I’d love to join Trader’s and Napa…

I would be interested.

I’m considering paying for one of those dining alerts to try and get trader Sam’s. Does anyone have one they can vouch for? I only have the free option for mouse dining. I know there is also Mouse watcher and stake out.

I would be a little nervous flying into Utah in January.
I’ve thought of that. I’ll be weather watching and hopefully it will be uneventful!

They have things down!
This is good to hear!

Last edited:
3 devices open and no luck with Trader Sam's. It wouldn't show the 13th and by the time I refreshed, all gone. OTOH, I now have my solo ressie for brunch at Lamplight Lounge and a 2 for Saturday dinner at Napa Rose at 7:30., which is better for me since that will be after my 10k and no race for Sunday. So if anyone cares to join me, let me know. The caveat is that I am wait listed for Chef's Counter, and if the wait list clears on any night, I'm there!

sooo....
would there be any interest in a separate "not-so-fast MW" thread? Just thinking that there tends to be a few more solo runners who might want to find someone to team up with, etc for the longer races (and survive all those highway miles!) I am definitely looking for someone to run the marathon with since @The Expert is getter her C2C out of the way in 2024 and won't be running that one.

Me too! I’d love to join Trader’s and Napa…

I'd be interested in joining also! I was going to try this morning, but then I found out I have chance to get Taylor Swift tickets for London, so I'm in that queue!

Oof, Trader Sam's is tough. I got a 10:50pm reservation for 4 , but will probably cancel later as that's way too late for me. (Running the half the next day.)

Looks like Blue Bayou reservations opened back up.

Last edited:
Just fyi... sometime the reservations have been opening up earlier than 6am pacific. I booked goofy at at 5: 56 pacific time.
Also have the restaurant you want open (not the general dining page)... that seems to be key for me and refreshing every now again before the time. Then I have the world clock and hit refresh at 5:59 pacific.

Big negative for me on Trader Sam’s this morning, but I wasn’t super attached to it. I did realize in the process that getting Plaza Inn breakfast tomorrow morning will be tough, and that *is* what I’ve had my heart set on. If anyone has strong opinions on Storytellers vs. Goofy, which seem easier to get, I’d love to hear them. The food is less important, I’m focusing on the characters for my friend’s 4yo who only knows Mickey and Minnie right now.

How tough is Trader Sam’s for a walk in on the terrace? Mainly hoping to grab a quick drink and buy a mug.

I'd be interested in joining also! I was going to try this morning, but then I found out I have chance to get Taylor Swift tickets for London, so I'm in that queue!
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

If anyone has strong opinions on Storytellers vs. Goofy, which seem easier to get, I’d love to hear them. The food is less important, I’m focusing on the characters for my friend’s 4yo who only knows Mickey and Minnie right now.
I don’t have personal experience with either. But Tom over at Disney tourist blog leaned towards Goofys so that’s what I’m planning to do with my family over storytellers.

I'd be up for this too.

I was checking trader sams website this morning around 7:15 am eastern time and 1/13 showed up. I was able to book it for my nephew and his wife. I originally booked a late reservation but luckily I remembered the race the next day so I was able to go back on and get an earlier one. They want blue bayou too so that’s my next attempt.

I set alarms for 5:58, 8:44, and 8:58 ET this morning for Trader Sam’s with no luck- luck may be they key here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter