• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

So by completely by accident I ended up in possession of the last 5k medal pins. I went into merch one last time to get something for my trainer (tradition) and I’m walking around with the 5k medal on. And had a staff come up with what turned out to be the last of the pins because I was wearing the medal. So to say the least I now have that pin

Does anyone know what time the last person started the 5k this morning? Or what time the last person crossed the finish line? Thanks!
I saw on FB someone in D at the front crossed at 5;21

So yeah that estimate they gave us for start clear def not 100 percent accurate. Which I can’t say I’m surprised

Based on this morning’s security lines and such, is arriving at 3:30 still recommended? Too early or late?

Also for anyone else wondering why the spectating for this morning got moved. This is second hand but according to a friend who came out to do so. The fire department basically told rD they couldn’t have a bunch of people at the finish. So that’s how it ended up getting relocated.

Based on this morning’s security lines and such, is arriving at 3:30 still recommended? Too early or late?
Since this is purely a race staging area and not reliant on uninformed park CMs, I'm confident things will run quicker. Famous last words...

I'm just around the corner, so I am planning to leave my hotel at 3:20-3:25, hoping there is actually an entrance on this side as the maps show.

Hot tip for you carb loaders. The Cheesecake Factory at Anaheim City Walk has a kids spaghetti and meatball for $10 that's a nice portion. They have order pickup and it's only about a 15 minute walk from the parks, over by the start and finish area.

I can't go near there. I'll try to carb load on cheesecake.

Mmm, raspberry lemon cream cheesecake :cloud9:

Hot tip for you carb loaders. The Cheesecake Factory at Anaheim City Walk has a kids spaghetti and meatball for $10 that's a nice portion. They have order pickup and it's only about a 15 minute walk from the parks, over by the start and finish area.

Thanks for the tip! After reading this, I looked at a map and it is right down the street from our hotel. We placed a to go (not the spaghetti though) that worked out perfectly. And we have some leftovers for either tomorrow night or post-race on Sunday.

If anyone needs bananas, water, etc.. the Walgreens on the corner of Katella and Harbor was fully stocked tonight and is open 24 hours. They also have a ton of souvenir type merchandise.

There is also a Pizza Press connected to the Anaheim Hotel at Harbor and Disney Way with a lot of seating if anyone is looking for carbs. They have parking specifically for the restaurant.

Lined up at the Disney Way/Clementine security entrance feeling slightly warmer than yesterday since I’ve got the Mylar on

Edit to add: I’m jealous of everyone that got good sleep—the heater in my hotel room sounds like a freight train when it turns on, so I think I woke up about every hour 😭 I may have to crank it up tonight before I sleep, and then turn it off when it’s time for bed. The blankets keep me warm enough, I’ll just freeze when I wake up.

Lined up at the Disney Way/Clementine security entrance feeling slightly warmer than yesterday since I’ve got the Mylar on

Edit to add: I’m jealous of everyone that got good sleep—the heater in my hotel room sounds like a freight train when it turns on, so I think I woke up about every hour 😭 I may have to crank it up tonight before I sleep, and then turn it off when it’s time for bed. The blankets keep me warm enough, I’ll just freeze when I wake up.
I can see everyone lining up from my hotel room, where I am, per usual, running very late 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter