Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

I was ready, had everything typed in fast - and DDD was still sold out.... :( Guess I will be trying to register in Feb.

Belle I'm in for the DDD!!!!
And DH for the 10k! Will be his first!

Can't wait to give him his valentines gift! A couples DL trip for these races!

We're in! Got DH and I registered for the half and the 5k :thumbsup2

Glad I managed to get everything done so I don't have to have another 3:30am (Australian time) start for general registration!

Got it. Booked two races for my friend and one for me. Really wish you could do it all at once. What a pain. But it's DONE! Thanks for all your help everyone :)
YEAH!! So happy it worked out, one thing you learn from your first time doing this is to have fast fingers!!!

YEAH!! So happy it worked out, one thing you learn from your first time doing this is to have fast fingers!!!

I had fast fingers and all up and ready - but still the DDD was sold out. Other races had more spots. Someone on the facebook page posted this:
The link for WDW was up several minutes before DL. Appears it sold out before west coast had the link up.

I got in! First 10K for me and DH!! And my kids all got into the kids races. Active.com did some thing wierd to me during the first kids race sign up and it wouldn't let me pay for it, it ended up billing 2 kids races at once and on the email it has the same child's name on it grrrr. But oh well, I will deal with that later, sure its an easy fix. I just so over the moon about the 10k!

We only just renewed our AP this month after taking a year off, and man just for this alone it was worth it! Now its just time to train, train, train!!! :love:

I registered for the 10k and registered my son for the 100m... except it's showing up under my name as well... :confused3 Already emailed rD about it, so hopefully they can fix it.

I had fast fingers and all up and ready - but still the DDD was sold out. Other races had more spots. Someone on the facebook page posted this: The link for WDW was up several minutes before DL. Appears it sold out before west coast had the link up.

If that's correct why was I able to use Disneyland link for DDD and 10k at 9:06 am?? I think people always want to blame Florida for everything...but I think that there were tons of people trying to get in at the exact same time.
I've never had any issues with early registration.

COngrats to everyone that got in for what they wanted! I'll update the list tonight. It's so exciting to have our first batch of official runners.

Now only 2 weeks to get through until the rest of us can register!

Went ahead, bit the bullet and bought the package through GET Sports!

My first rD event -- I'm so excited! Just ran my first 10K this past weekend, so I'm definitely still on a runners high. :D

Up next, I guess I'll start waiting for on-site hotel pricing discounts.

Went ahead, bit the bullet and bought the package through GET Sports!

My first rD event -- I'm so excited! Just ran my first 10K this past weekend, so I'm definitely still on a runners high. :D

Up next, I guess I'll start waiting for on-site hotel pricing discounts.

Oooh! Which one did you go for in the end?

I don't think it's likely that you'll get any on-site discounts for that weekend. I would lock something in now before prices go up too much. From what I've heard, it's already started to affect prices and availability just from the early registration people.

I just did the Half only - comes with the race, a two-day park hopper, a "Special Event Ticket" which I assume is Pasta in the Park and the pin ... all of which I would've eventually bought except for PitP.

I already have the Fairfield Inn reserved with points, but was debating adding a day or two at PPH for Saturday and Sunday night.

Crazy website issue, but the half for me and my daughter will be running her first half. I decided to give up Dumbo in favor of the Rebel Challenge and possibly Dopey. Booked the Anaheim Hilton instead of the Disneyland Hotel, so I am all set. Back to focusing on Glass Slipper Challenge. :thumbsup2

If that's correct why was I able to use Disneyland link for DDD and 10k at 9:06 am?? I think people always want to blame Florida for everything...but I think that there were tons of people trying to get in at the exact same time.
I've never had any issues with early registration.

I'm not sure - just reposting what I read. Some have said it was open a little before 9 on the WDW site. You can read others experiences on the facebook page if you want. I do know they only open a very few DDD in early registration. I was quick, refreshing, logged in and ready to go and it was already sold out. Oh well, I'll just wait for the 10th. I did the 1/2 last year and didn't have any trouble registering. I am hearing the DDD goes quicker though. Hoping for the best :)

I just did the Half only - comes with the race, a two-day park hopper, a "Special Event Ticket" which I assume is Pasta in the Park and the pin ... all of which I would've eventually bought except for PitP.

I already have the Fairfield Inn reserved with points, but was debating adding a day or two at PPH for Saturday and Sunday night.

Oh that's good then :thumbsup2

How many nights will you be there for all up? Will you need to add days to that park hopper or is that all you need? Sounds like a pretty good deal!

Crazy website issue, but the half for me and my daughter will be running her first half. I decided to give up Dumbo in favor of the Rebel Challenge and possibly Dopey. Booked the Anaheim Hilton instead of the Disneyland Hotel, so I am all set. Back to focusing on Glass Slipper Challenge. :thumbsup2

Liz are you doing Tink for the Pink C2C or DL for the regular color C2C?

Does anyone know how fast the AP early registration filled up?

I think DDD was about 15 minutes and the 10k shortly after that. They posted on twitter around 9:25/9:30. I know the 5k also sold out, but not sure how much longer, someone posted around 11:30 or in my running group that it sold out, but not sure the exact time.

Oh that's good then :thumbsup2

How many nights will you be there for all up? Will you need to add days to that park hopper or is that all you need? Sounds like a pretty good deal!

I'm probably going to pass off the two-day hopper to the husband (he won't need more than that) and get a five-day hopper for myself via Way.com.

The only thing that may change is if I make another trip out there this year before September (husband's office is in Santa Monica, so he goes out there for work sometimes - and if I'm lucky, I get to tag along!) - I may bite the bullet and buy an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter