Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

Also POT being 2:30 is slower than other races right? like others are 2:15... I hope this tranfers to WDW... 2:30 I have a better chnace of getting
Yeah considering this is the start of the official race season I suspect we’re going to see it transfer over for FL. I wouldn’t be surprised if they saw the cluster issue I heard about being the C corral at WDW 1/2 of a 1/2 and decided they needed better seeding for the corrals rather than rely on everyone self reporting.

Also POT being 2:30 is slower than other races right? like others are 2:15... I hope this tranfers to WDW... 2:30 I have a better chnace of getting
This is definitely a slower POT than WDW has been using and one I finally have. I ran the DL half in 2:27. Ugh, I want to do this race weekend so badly but I'm just not sure I can make it work financially.

It should be noted there’s a non zero chance will have a different course for the half at least. The half’s historically went different ways depending on what race weekend it was. (DL went west, Tinkerbell North, Avengers southwest, and Star Wars east) so I don’t think we’ll have a carbon copy course for the 1/2

Yep, I did Tink in 2017 and it definitely was different than this one we just did. Didn't love Tink's course either, but I think I liked it better than this one.

RE: courses, worth remembering that Angels Stadium has been hosting dirt bike and monster truck events all month, it's possible that the half didn't go through there because it's a mess right now. Angels will be on a road trip during this race weekend, no idea if they'd have anything else (like a concert) scheduled.

Anyone else starting to have FOMO about this race? I really like those designs/themes and the wake-up times weren't nearly as painful at Disneyland coming from the East Coast.

Be interesting to see what issues they fixed. Plus chance of having a perfect race in the future...
Yes! But I was pretty unhappy with the race experience last weekend. Also, I’m hoping they lean into Halloween/villains a little for W&D since the expo is actually on Halloween.

If they suddenly decided to do virtual for this weekend…RIP my wallet 😄😄

You’ve got me curious now, I’m gonna price this out.

UPS ground is $24 from Anaheim to my house in Houston based off of the weight and measurements of the last box I got, and that’s without bulk corporate discounts. Custom medal with moving parts <<<$10/unit at bulk scale, shirts ~$10 ea give or take, ~$3-5/box for manufacturing

Looking at the Stitch challenge for SSW you’re looking at
$20-30 shipping
$40 max for medals
$40 max for shirts
$5 for packaging
Total of $120ish?

Labor and design cost is the unknown factor here but given the $325 cost for the virtual stitch package I’d be amazed if they made up anywhere close to that difference, especially with all of the other brands that do this exact same thing and seem to be surviving well enough.

My guess is that either Anaheim doesn’t have the staff to do this (lending credence to the DLSE rumor), or they’re trying to encourage people to attend in person due to the event being so new and tickets/hotels/food being even higher margin than sending out boxes.
The virtual boxes ship from Livonia Michigan, including the boxes from the Disneyland races. So not an Anaheim staffing issue.

They've been notoriously late with shipping virtual medals, and one person here mentioned that they got a message saying that some holiday virtual medals wouldn't be shipped until MARCH. I don't know how they handle this stuff but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they stopped doing it.

Any kind of HM theme gives me FOMO but with the issues of this month still fresh in my mind, a non-zero chance I do W&D and going back to Dopey in 2025 I just don’t see myself doing this.

I'm going to be really sad if they completely take away the virtual options. I can't get to the parks as often as I like and the virtual options give me just a small sense of connectedness.

😥

The virtual boxes ship from Livonia Michigan, including the boxes from the Disneyland races. So not an Anaheim staffing issue.
Well that’s super interesting. Livonia’s a half hour or less from my home! And I received all my Disneyland virtual medals several days ago.

Love the themes! Will this end up selling out super-fast?
Undoubtedly. Not only will the themes be popular, but if numbers are anything like this most recent weekend, there are far fewer spots than at WDW races. There were roughly 5,000 5K slots, 8,000 10K slots and 11,000 HM slots going by the announcements pre-race.

Any kind of HM theme gives me FOMO but with the issues of this month still fresh in my mind, a non-zero chance I do W&D and going back to Dopey in 2025 I just don’t see myself doing this.
Ugh yes the HM theme (and chip and dale) did make my eyes perk up a bit. Trying to remind myself of my experience with the recent DL races, but I guess rD is like child birth. How quickly I forget 😂

Yesss! These will go fast! We’re local and so many of our friends had serious fomo about missing the first races back. Now it’s on way more so cal residents radar, and I know I’ve said it before but Halloween at DLR is ridiculously popular. Registration will be insane. 🙃🎃
Yeah like I am just about as stressed about potentially having to deal with getting Oogie Boogie Bash tickets for the weekend as I am having to deal this race registration. Here’s hoping the system doesn’t crash again this year

I am extremely excited about the themes for the 10k, half and challenge of this race!

I've only done the Wine & Dine 10k (Princess Challenge next month,) so I'm curious where do the DL races begin and is it as early as WDW? Are there shuttles? Is it all just a really close walk?

I'm torn between staying Hilton Home2Suites to maximize reward points, staying JW Marriot for a nicer hotel/to be closer or Disneyland Hotel because I think for races it's usually so nice to be on property especially when I don't have a vehicle.

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!

Also if anyone wants to become friends so I can split the cost of these outrageously priced rooms 😂

I am extremely excited about the themes for the 10k, half and challenge of this race!

I've only done the Wine & Dine 10k (Princess Challenge next month,) so I'm curious where do the DL races begin and is it as early as WDW? Are there shuttles? Is it all just a really close walk?

I'm torn between staying Hilton Home2Suites to maximize reward points, staying JW Marriot for a nicer hotel/to be closer or Disneyland Hotel because I think for races it's usually so nice to be on property especially when I don't have a vehicle.

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!

Also if anyone wants to become friends so I can split the cost of these outrageously priced rooms 😂

It was a further walk (plus an extra security screening if one walked through DTD to get to Harbor) for those staying on site at DLR this year because the 10k and half started on Disney Way instead of Disneyland Dr like they used to. The 5k often starts in the parks. On site is not nearly as important at DLR as it is at WDW. But it does come down to personal preference. There are off site hotels that are closer to the entrance of the parks than the on site hotels.

The Home 2 Suites is not a super far walk from the start this year for the 10k and half. The JW Marriott would be a little closer. I was at the Motel 6 and it was barely a 5 minute walk to the start.

There are no official shuttles. You either walk, drive to Toy Story lot (10k and half; Mickey and Friends for yoga and 5k), or Uber/Lyft.

They start usually at 5am. They were telling people that drove to be in the Toy Story lot by 4am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter