Disneyland has been evacuated due to potential bomb threat (can found in garbage)

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
Just saw a breaking news report on Twitter from Mouseplanet, that the bomb squad has been sent to Disneyland, after a bottle with dry ice exploded in a trash can in Toontown.

Says more info to come, and was sent from a 911 call, so not sure if true, as I can't find anymore info.

Thought people may be interested in this. Seems to be a harmless prank...not funny, Tiger

Just saw a breaking news report on Twitter from Mouseplanet, that the bomb squad has been sent to Disneyland, after a bottle with dry ice exploded in a trash can in Toontown.

Says more info to come, and was sent from a 911 call, so not sure if true, as I can't find anymore info.

Thought people may be interested in this. Seems to be a harmless prank...not funny, Tiger

My local news just reported that only Toontown has been evacuated (not all of Disneyland). Preliminary reports are that dry ice in a water bottle caused a small explosion in a trash can. No injuries have been reported. They described the evacuation as a "precautionary measure" while officials complete their investigation.

Okay, a bit of an exaggeration. A small water bottle that may have contained dry ice (not confirmed) exploded in a trash can. No injuries, no deaths, nothing. That particular area of the park is being evacuated for safety reasons, but the rest of the park is operating as normal. Bomb squad is coming as a safety precaution. Not trying to be rude just don't want to cause panic. Trust me, the OP is not nearly, nearly as bad as some of the folks on Twitter.:thumbsup2

Yes. I said a can found in Toontown.

I posted exactly what was posted on Mouseplanet, and said not sure if true or not, so hoping others could find out more info.

Tiger

Here is the LA Times article:

By Andrew Blankstein and Robert J. Lopez
May 28, 2013, 8:11 p.m.

People were being allowed back inside Disneyland's Toontown on Tuesday evening after a dry ice "bomb" explosion earlier in the day.

The dry-ice device appeared similar to other devices that have exploded in Anaheim neighborhoods in recent months, Sgt. Bob Dunn of the Anaheim Police Department said.

"Unfortunately, it's an all too-common experience," Dunn told The Times.

He said police were investigating whether there was any connection between those explosions and the blast at Toontown, which forced authorities to clear the popular area about 5:30 p.m.

Dunn said Toontown was reopened about 7:30 p.m.

It appeared that the dry ice was placed in a plastic bottle and left in a trash can. The blast was confined to the trash can, and there were no apparent injuries, according to police.

Dunn said investigators had not established a motive or determined why Toontown was targeted. The area is popular among parents and their young children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter