Disneyland Hotel question

aggieamp

The Rebel Spy
We're staying at PPH, concierge level, for 2 nights in June. I'm considering changing it to a standard room at DLH or GCH instead based on the PPH reviews. This is my first visit to Disneyland, so I'm wondering, would the benefits of concierge outweigh staying at one of the other 2 hotels? My MIL and I are traveling together and I want to give her the best experience possible.

GCH, hands-down, then. More convenient (less walking), fabulous lobby (much more inviting than PPH and DLH), and great theming. You almost want to hang out in the GCH lobby for some time as opposed to the other two properties. PPH was our go-to property before joining DVC, though. Now that PPH guests cannot go through GCH to get to the park, PPH is not as convenient. But, we still prefer PPH over DLH when not at VGC.

I'm not sure if it is worth it to spend money on concierge if you are only there for 2 days. I would be afraid of coming back to the hotel too much to get my "money's worth" and missing out on park experiences. I would consider staying in a theme park view though for the extra experience. I would stay at DLH or GCH if your priorities are convenience.

Agreed. GCH hands down. Honestly I would take a standard room at either GCH or DLH over concierge at PPH anyday. PPH is the furthest walk out of all three and feels the least Disney out of all three hotels. Staying at GCH would make going back to the hotel much easier and that lobby is unmatched. It's the flagship resort for a reason.

Thanks everyone for your opinions and advice! I went ahead and switched us over to DLH with premium view. As much as I'd love to stay at GCH, I want to leave enough of my budget open for GE souvenirs. Plus my MIL is a huge Disney fan (she's been to WDW 15+ times in the past 5 years) and has only been to Disneyland once, staying off property. I think she'll appreciate the history at DLH.

We LOVED PPH Concierge. Very convenient. The food was good. The access was easy. I don't have anything negative to report.

I would change hotels. We don't find concierge level value for money at DL as we prefer to eat in the parks. We love all the hotels though, but GCH is our favourite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter