Disneyland hotel questions

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
First of all, we are NOT hotel snobs, if anything we are really easy going with hotels. The last 5 trips to disneyland we have stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and I am leaning to stay there again. Before that we stayed at La Quinta and before that Super 8 (which is now Kings something or other I think). The reason we love DI&S is the obvious! Location, location, location!!! We also need some sort of pool (if you have seen DI&S) you know we are not picky!!! We also like a resonable breakfast (DI&S fills us up even if it is lacking in many ways). I'm thinking of planning a trip for next August and DI&S is 170US a night (we need 2 queens and a pullout) which is reasonable but way higher than I was hoping at a year away. When you add on parking, resort fees and taxes it is close to 250 US a night. I'm a Canadian so that is close to 350 CDN a night!!! Is there any hotels close that fit our desires that might be a little cheaper if you book a full year out? I previously posted about the huge inflation in hotel prices at DL but I didn't anticipate them to keep going up and up!!! Do I just need to bite the bullet? Maybe Disneyland is too expensive for what you get nowadays! Our last trip was just a disaster (summer 2022) so really want to go back and have better memories (like our first 8 times). What do the smartest DL people in the world think?

First of all, we are NOT hotel snobs, if anything we are really easy going with hotels. The last 5 trips to disneyland we have stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and I am leaning to stay there again. Before that we stayed at La Quinta and before that Super 8 (which is now Kings something or other I think). The reason we love DI&S is the obvious! Location, location, location!!! We also need some sort of pool (if you have seen DI&S) you know we are not picky!!! We also like a resonable breakfast (DI&S fills us up even if it is lacking in many ways). I'm thinking of planning a trip for next August and DI&S is 170US a night (we need 2 queens and a pullout) which is reasonable but way higher than I was hoping at a year away. When you add on parking, resort fees and taxes it is close to 250 US a night. I'm a Canadian so that is close to 350 CDN a night!!! Is there any hotels close that fit our desires that might be a little cheaper if you book a full year out? I previously posted about the huge inflation in hotel prices at DL but I didn't anticipate them to keep going up and up!!! Do I just need to bite the bullet? Maybe Disneyland is too expensive for what you get nowadays! Our last trip was just a disaster (summer 2022) so really want to go back and have better memories (like our first 8 times). What do the smartest DL people in the world think?
If you are leaning toward DI&S book it now. The rates may go down... Keep checking if they do, ask for an adjustment. Everything is so much more expensive for a trip to DLR these days.
If you book now at $170 and it goes up you will be glad you did. The nice thing with DI&S there is no cancellation fee if you find something else.

Good luck planning.

How about Candy Cane Inn? Check out their photos and reviews online. The rooms were recently remodeled, free breakfast, free parking and they have a shuttle to the park.

It's hard to imagine getting a better rate than you have at DI&S. I'd book it now if you know you want to stay there. You could always cancel later.

If you want a change, you could take a look at Best Western Park Place Inn, they have 2 queens and a sofabed.

Park Vue has a mini suite with 2 queen beds in a separate bedroom, plus a living room with a sofa bed. There's a kitchen in that suite, too.

How about Candy Cane Inn? Check out their photos and reviews online. The rooms were recently remodeled, free breakfast, free parking and they have a shuttle to the park.
While I love CCI, in my somewhat limited experience, the rooms were smaller than most nearby motels. If the OP needs 2 Q and a pullout, I'm thinking it might be too squeezy compared to Desert Inn or one of the BW suite motels.

While I love CCI, in my somewhat limited experience, the rooms were smaller than most nearby motels. If the OP needs 2 Q and a pullout, I'm thinking it might be too squeezy compared to Desert Inn or one of the BW suite motels.
I agree. When we stayed in one of the premium rooms it felt very small, even with 2 adults and 2 kids under 5.

Desert Palms has lots of different room types and an included hot breakfast. Home2Suites and Element have larger room types with hot breakfast included. All of those are walking distance. All charge for parking and the parking at home2 suites is valet only.

Cambria has larger room types and a full hot breakfast included. It’s a pretty far walk, so we would walk to the Toy Story lot and take the free shuttle to the parks. Typically, Cambria is cheaper than hotels right on harbor. But they charge parking and a resort fee.

Hope that helps! Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter