Disneyland Hotel vs Paradise Pier

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
I am taking my mom for her first trip to Disneyland in December. Right now I can book a theme park view room at Paradise Pier or a standard room at Disneyland Hotel. My question is which would be the better one to book? I have only been to Disneyland 2x and both times have stayed at Grand Californian, so I don’t know much about either except what I have researched on the web. I knew you guys could give me better advice. Thanks.

I would take PPH View vs DHL Standard any day. PPH Theme Park view is the best view hands down of all three resorts IMO...sleeping with shades open overlong DCA with Cars Land lit up at night is pretty cool IMO.

I have always been a PPH fan for adults trip...if you have kids and want that better theming and pool access than DHL for sure, but if I am not able to book GCH we skip DLH and will book PPH.

When is your trip? They are currently working on PPH and haven't yet finished, which means there are some things they don't currently have, like dining (although I do think I read that they opened something recently). There is the newish entry into DCA that is very convenient. The theme park view is pretty awesome.

I *personally* don't care a whole lot about the view because I usually go to bed after going to the parks all day. I don't like that there are no grounds at PPH, just parking lots and such and you're fronting a public street with traffic. I've not been to the pool level in many years so I can't comment on that area.

On the other hand, DLH has just opened up new DVC rooms and it may be a lot more crowded--don't know as I've not been since DVC opened. I think that would mainly impact the pool and dining. Dining is pretty limited anyway.

But DLH has beautiful grounds and feels more like a resort. If you don't care about the pools and palms, shops and memorabilia and so on, then it probably isn't worth the extra cost (if it costs more). I usually request a standard room in the Adventure Tower, which means your view is blocked by trees or something but as I said, the view is not of paramount importance to me. I just like being closest to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter