Disneyland Hotel

DisneyaholicRaquel

DIS Veteran
Just booked our reservation for the HK Disneyland Hotel in September for my birthday!!! I'm so excited :banana: So, what do I need to know? Is there things to do that's not well known? Things to eat? Looking for all ideas so, we don't miss anything....I'm too excited too sleep :goodvibes

Most of the activities at the Disneyland Hotel target kids but you can check the schedule to see if anything interests you. CMs don't always like to reveal the character greeting times but if you see any characters, get in line quickly because they'll stop letting people get in line after a while.

In terms of food, my favorite restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel is Walt's Cafe for lunch or afternoon tea. Some Western tourists are obsessed with the character dim sum at Crystal Lotus which has to be reserved in advance but I personally don't think it's really worth it. If you want to do the buffet at Enchanted Garden, make sure to reserve in advance as it is very popular.

Most of the activities at the Disneyland Hotel target kids but you can check the schedule to see if anything interests you. CMs don't always like to reveal the character greeting times but if you see any characters, get in line quickly because they'll stop letting people get in line after a while.

In terms of food, my favorite restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel is Walt's Cafe for lunch or afternoon tea. Some Western tourists are obsessed with the character dim sum at Crystal Lotus which has to be reserved in advance but I personally don't think it's really worth it. If you want to do the buffet at Enchanted Garden, make sure to reserve in advance as it is very popular.
Thank you! Not a big buffet person so, I probably will pass. Do you recommend going for the experience?

It's been a while since I've been to HKDL, but I've always enjoyed my meals at Walt's. I also loved the atmosphere in the lobby, just sitting with a drink and enjoying the musicians, character greetings or just people watching. Enchanted Garden was a nice character breakfast but there wasn't anything particularly noteworthy about it when I did it.

It's also worth checking out the other hotels if you have time and haven't been before. They're all pretty nice to wander around and take in the atmosphere. Explorer's Lodge also has classic characters in safari outfits if that's something that interests you.

On another note, I'm a September baby too! No better way to celebrate than with a Disney trip 😊

Thank you! Not a big buffet person so, I probably will pass. Do you recommend going for the experience?

If you like character dining, Enchanted Garden can be worth doing. The character outfits are seasonal while the outfits at the other character buffets stay the same for years which is why it's the most popular character dining among passholders.

If you weren't already planning to do character dining, I don't think the food is special enough to warrant the price.

If you like character dining, Enchanted Garden can be worth doing. The character outfits are seasonal while the outfits at the other character buffets stay the same for years which is why it's the most popular character dining among passholders.

If you weren't already planning to do character dining, I don't think the food is special enough to warrant the price.
I do love seeing the characters…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter