• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland hotel

Bovril

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip for my birthday,and DH has suggested booking the Disneyland hotel. :love2:

Have stayed in all of the hotels except the New York and The Disneyland, so question is.........

which is the nicer hotel out of the 2? Is the Disneyland worth the extra money?

Castle club......worth doing????

Bev

Hi Bev,

Have you seen our DLP Resort thread? Disneyland Hotel info here

Now I have never stayed here but would love to. I have a fantasy about eating my breakfast in the Castle Club lounge overlooking Main Street :love:

If you are going at a busy time of year I would have thought the unlimited Fastpass Castle Club members get would be invaluable. At a less busy time of year, less so.

We always travel in school holidays so if I was paying a lot of money for the Disneyland Hotel, I would pay that little bit more to be in Castle Club :)

I hope that helps - bear in mind though, I've not stayed there!

Lots of people here have so I'm sure they will be along to post their views soon :)

Karen

Hotel New York does not appeal to me personally, but I know that there are many fans. However, for the convenience I would definitely pay the extra for the Disneyland Hotel. There is nothing like being able to walk from Main Street USA to your room in under 2 minutes. You really feel a "part" of the magic of Disneyland Parc. Go for it!

:wizard:

We stayed at Disneyland hotel for my birthday 2 years ago and it was such a special trip. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL, the rooms are gorgeous, breakfast over Mainstreet and Right at the entrance of the park, what more could you ask for???? I've never stayed at NY so can't give you an opinion on it. Feel free to PM me if you want anymore info regarding DLHOTEL.

Verity.xxx

We have just booked our 4th CC stay for August and we love it. Looking forward to seeing Wishes from the park and from the lounge. Is it worth it ? good question - it's £500 a night in August but availability was very very limited so they must have lots of other satisfied customers. We love the breakfast room, the lift to the park and the VIP fastpass :)

It is great. Me, my cousin and my mum stayed there last year. The staff pamper you and there are loads of characters about as well, and i mean loads who come visit your table one at a time. They just say hi to you specially and will pose for photos. and it is also conveniant being near to the park as well of course

I'm with you Karen - I dream of one day staying here :love:

6 numbers that's all I need. Well buying a ticket also helps :rotfl:

Reid

I'm forgoing our trip this year so that we can save that bit extra and stay at the DLH next year, so it's good to read such nice comments about it, I had been wondering if it's really worth the extra cost princess:

We loved the Disneyland Hotel. The Hotel NY looks nice, but we're from NY, so we didn't want to stay there, since the pictures reminded us of home a LOT, and this was our holiday. :flower:

We were originally going to do Castle Club, but we realized that the price difference really not worth it at all for us. It would have been nearly twice the cost of a regular room. We were there at the beginning of March, so VIP fastpass wasn't necessary at all (especially since Space Mountain was closed at the time). The Castle Club rooms are the same as the regular rooms except for the view, and we're not picky about our view. We mostly ate in sit-down restaurants so we found we wouldn't need the afternoon tea, since we'd still be full from lunch (as was the case). No regrets about switching to a regular room at all.

But overall, we LOVED the Disneyland Hotel, and we are very glad we stayed there. :sunny:

I'm glad you said that about the Castle Club Rooms Minnie, you've helped me make up my mind, I had kind of decided that it wouldn't be worth it for the VIP Fastpasses, we're planning to go March next year, and I didn't think my kids would be interested in going back to the hotel for the tea, and I wasn't even sure about the "haven of tranquility" bit - if I'm in Disney I want to be in the thick of it, but my sister is quite keen on the idea, personally I'd prefer to keep the money and spend it on some Disney goodies. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I've been debating whether to chime in on this, since I change my mind about every two seconds concerning whether Castle Club, or even Disneyland Hotel are "worth it". I splurged on two nights in Castle club a couple of months ago, and I will say I (and my 13 year old daughter) enjoyed it thoroughly. However, (and I suprise myself by saying what I'm going to say next... because I am not one of those people who says the room only has to be clean.. I do like a bit of pampering and luxury, or at least creature comfort, when I'm away from home..) I'm not sure we'll go to Castle Club again. I think, and this is now with a bit of hindsight, that in the final analysis you really don't get enough to make it worth the very large surcharge. I'll qualify that by saying that if money really is not an object AT ALL, and you really do a lot of riding on the headliner FastPass rides, AND you are going in dead winter - then by all means go for Castle Club. But for most of us, while it's very nice, it's just not THAT great. When I think back, what I enjoyed the most about CC was the lounge and the views of the park. By the way someone said the rooms at CC are the same as the rest of the DLH except for the views, and that isn't even true. You are in no way gauranteed a view in CC either. Unless you are in a suite, the rooms really are identical in every way to the rest of the hotel.
Now, I have stayed at the top hotels in WDW, and at the Yacht Club we were on the Concierge floor, which roughly is equivalent to Castle Club. I would do that again I suppose, but the room rates for Yacht Club are MUCH less than DLH. I have wondered, and I wonder aloud again... Why? With AP's at WDW we could stay a whole week in a top flight concierge service room for what it cost me to stay only 2 nights at DLH Castle Club!
So again... I really really did enjoy CC and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for that extra bit of luxury and convenience, but I have to be honest and say the price is high for what you do get. There, I've said it. Don't throw anything at me please! :sad2:
So I think you made the right choice all things considered. Think of the money you saved as more souvenirs in your suitcases!
Oh, and if I do go back to CC in the future, please don't anyone remind me that I wrote this post! :rotfl: It will just mean I've come into a big inheritance or something, and then heck, why not???
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Jody

I'm sure that everyone appreciates the different perspectives :)

Well done for coming out :rotfl:

Reid

Thanks Reid,
I do hate to be negative about anything where DLP is concerned, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. After all I had a WONDERFUL time at CC - who wouldn't!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

But that's the great thing - to get all the different perspectives :)

Hi Jody
I appreciate your posting so honestly, I'm only considering the DLH as it'll be my 40th birthday treat but more because my 3 yr old niece is coming and I remember how cold it was in March last year
and how much more convenient it will be to be able to pop back to the hotel with her.
I had assumed there would be some difference with the rooms too, but if not it's another tick in the no column for the CC.
I'm sure I'll appreciate the luxury of the DLH but it's not
top of my priorities, previous stays at the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne have suited us fine, because we spent so little time in them, after breakfast we haven't returned to the hotels until late evening and half an hour later we're all asleep.
I'm really looking forward to the DLH but unless I win the lottery I think we'll give the CC a miss.
Thanks for all the information it's been really helpful. :cheer2:

Thanks for all your honest replies :)

Have decided that we will definately book the DLH,as I like the idea of being so close to the park,a real bonus in January BUT have decided not to go C/C

I think it was your post Jody that swung my decison, as I thought that the rooms would be bigger/better with C/C, after all it is sooooooooo much more money, and I would buy an awful lot of hot chocolate and cookies for the price difference! also as it will be quiet that time of year won't get much use from the VIP fastpasses.

thanks again
Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter