Disneyland hotels reservations?

Thanks for the response. My wife wants to stay on property which is doable with my daughter, who works at WDW, cast member discount. She booked us GCH for 40% off. We loved it there but are thinking about trying the DLH this time, but we are afraid that if we don't like it we'll be sorry we weren't at GCH.

Have great upcoming trips from a fellow "Disneylander." I stole that from you.:)

So, we have stayed at all 3 onsite DLR hotels and we were at the DLH on our most recent trip. This was my sister's second DL trip and we had stayed at the VGC the first time so we decided to go to the DLH this trip so she could stay there as well.

Honestly, every single time we walked through DTD and passed the entrance to the GCH, we were wishing we stayed there! Not to say that there was anything wrong with the DLH but we love the Grand and missed being so close.

My sister (who is now a huge disneyland fan!) and I are doing a sister-only trip next April and we decided that it was going to be the Grand or bust! :)

So, we have stayed at all 3 onsite DLR hotels and we were at the DLH on our most recent trip. This was my sister's second DL trip and we had stayed at the VGC the first time so we decided to go to the DLH this trip so she could stay there as well.

Honestly, every single time we walked through DTD and passed the entrance to the GCH, we were wishing we stayed there! Not to say that there was anything wrong with the DLH but we love the Grand and missed being so close.

My sister (who is now a huge disneyland fan!) and I are doing a sister-only trip next April and we decided that it was going to be the Grand or bust! :)
That sounds like our dilemma. We will be going for 10 days doing parks every other day and just relaxing every other day enjoying the resorts, DTD, swimming and plenty of adult beverages. We've thought about staying the first 3 days at DLH and then 7 at GCH.

Thank you for your thoughts.

That sounds like our dilemma. We will be going for 10 days doing parks every other day and just relaxing every other day enjoying the resorts, DTD, swimming and plenty of adult beverages. We've thought about staying the first 3 days at DLH and then 7 at GCH.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Hey there Disney Ron, sounds like my kind of trip. I like to take it at a more leisurely pace, usually in the 5-6 day range. But 10 days, that is freaking' amazing!! And plenty of adult beverages!! Have an Old Fashioned for me.
Cheers!

I can't buy Disneyland tickets in 2024, but I can buy hotel rooms.

Do the 'packages' allow purchase of tickets in 2024?

EDIT: I just checked myself, and yes, you can buy tickets as part of the package. But you can't buy tickets by themselves, without a hotel, after December 21, 2023 yet.

EDIT: I just checked myself, and yes, you can buy tickets as part of the package. But you can't buy tickets by themselves, without a hotel, after December 21, 2023 yet.
I was able to buy a package for early January (hotel & tickets) but I was not able to make park reservations yet. I understand park reservations are only need for the first 1.5 weeks of January.

Last edited:

You can buy stand alone multi day tickets for 2024 from third parties like aRes and Undercover Tourist. Not sure what the deal is with single day.

It is now showing most of the rooms are unavailable to book. Anyone else getting this problem? I mean they could have sold all the rooms so quickly

I was able to book what I wanted (package with tickets at Tropicana followed by room only at Grand Californian), but it took multiple attempts with multiple browsers. I kept getting error screens or it reverting back to saying my cart was empty when I tried to check out.

I was able to buy a package for early January (hotel & tickets) but I was not able to make park reservations yet. I understand park reservations are only need for the first 1.5 weeks of January.
I read that DisneyWorld was getting rid of park reservations, but I didn't hear that from Disneyland.

That is for WDW. DLR has not announced any plans to discontinue park reservations.

When you buy a package your tickets will become available for you to book reservations at the 120 day mark. I bought a package last year for this December and my tickets showed up each day (4 days) for me to book the reservation.

Also, DL still requires reservations. It is only going away at WDW for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter