Disneyland increased capacity and there are now reservations open for May and June

I might change my reservation. If lines are this long it’s like a normal day at Disney. Might as well have a day where you can use a fast pass. Going to watch the wait times over the next few days.

I think mornings may be rough at DCA on the days where one park/starting park tickets sell out at DL. I'd guess people are getting park hoppers and crowding DCA before they can hop over to DL at 1.

I might change my reservation. If lines are this long it’s like a normal day at Disney. Might as well have a day where you can use a fast pass. Going to watch the wait times over the next few days.

If it were just me, I would totally cancel our trip for this weekend (coming for a long weekend from Northern California), but my 12-year daughter has been obsessing about Disneyland for the last year (we had to cancel 5 trips that we had planned to use our Annual Passes) and she's determined to go come hell or highwater. I've now abandoned all expectations of short ride lines and just plan to do as much as we can in the first two and last two hours of the day and spend lots of time browsing shops (since she never seems to tire of that) or going back to our hotel to swim.

I selfishly hope that locals will be looking at these wait times over the next few days and deciding to hold off until FP comes back or social distancing on rides goes away (or even until Avengers campus opens and there's one more ride in DCA to relieve demand).

If it were just me, I would totally cancel our trip for this weekend (coming for a long weekend from Northern California), but my 12-year daughter has been obsessing about Disneyland for the last year (we had to cancel 5 trips that we had planned to use our Annual Passes) and she's determined to go come hell or highwater. I've now abandoned all expectations of short ride lines and just plan to do as much as we can in the first two and last two hours of the day and spend lots of time browsing shops (since she never seems to tire of that) or going back to our hotel to swim.

I selfishly hope that locals will be looking at these wait times over the next few days and deciding to hold off until FP comes back or social distancing on rides goes away (or even until Avengers campus opens and there's one more ride in DCA to relieve demand).

I would cancel if I could, but we are using day 2 of a park hopper that we first used on May 9, so we HAVE to go this Saturday. I already made an Alfresco Tasting terrace reservation just so we could have somewhere to sit and have some drinks early afternoon, because I KNOW we will already be over the lines by that point.

Even this past Saturday and Sunday the lines in DCA were longer than I expected. At one point the estimated time for Cars was 70 min. We only waited 30, which for regular times is great for Cars. But being used to Maxpass, 30 felt looong. At Guardians we waited closer to 45 min.

And unlike those who were there before 9 am, we found waits longer for the "big" rides in DL too. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Indy were all at least 30 min actual line time. (The one exception was when we went the back way at HM.) Even Snow White and Peter Pan were posted at 25 min, though it was closer to 15, so that was a relief.

We found wait times to be at or lower than posted times, but it was still a little tough just being used to Maxpass. We still had a great time, but If attendance is higher now with but with the same restrictions, I'd be hesitant to go again until some things have significantly changed.

Doubt it. Waits are looking ROUGH at DCA today.

I think things might rough the next month until June 15th when most restrictions can be dropped and Disney can increase ride capacity by a lot / to full.

Add the fact that park capacity has increased with no changes made to ride capacity or indoor/outdoor queues it is going to create a nightmare for the guests until the above is changed to match park capacity.

Disney should not have jumped so quickly on rising the park capacity.

Disney should not have jumped so quickly on rising the park capacity.

They shouldn't have, you are right, but they are greedy. This was a bad move, because people are going to be turned off by having a bad experience.

The news today about the $65 upcharge to buy a toy that makes you have a "better" experience on the new Spider Man ride just adds insult to injury at this point. Right now, Disney is solely being motivated by $$$ and they literally don't care how bad it makes them look. I wonder how long they will be able to get away with this kind of thing?

I would cancel if I could, but we are using day 2 of a park hopper that we first used on May 9, so we HAVE to go this Saturday. I already made an Alfresco Tasting terrace reservation just so we could have somewhere to sit and have some drinks early afternoon, because I KNOW we will already be over the lines by that point.

I wish they would have at least brought back the Animation Academy. I understand that there were restrictions on indoor live performances (though it seems like they could meet the requirements for these), but it seems like they could have either: (a) used the same space and just played recorded sessions (if they can do Turtle Talk, I don't see why they couldn't do that); or (b) repurposed the Hollywood Backlot stage to do it outdoors. We would happily sit for multiple sessions of that. It seems like it all boils down to greed, greed, greed and wanting to see how little they can provide and still keep attendance high.

I wonder how long they will be able to get away with this kind of thing?

People may complain but they won’t stop going. So in other words I think they could get away with anything and people will still go. Place is always packed.

The news today about the $65 upcharge to buy a toy that makes you have a "better" experience on the new Spider Man ride just adds insult to injury at this point.

do you have a link to this news? What kind of “toy” is it?

I wish they would have at least brought back the Animation Academy. I understand that there were restrictions on indoor live performances (though it seems like they could meet the requirements for these), but it seems like they could have either: (a) used the same space and just played recorded sessions (if they can do Turtle Talk, I don't see why they couldn't do that); or (b) repurposed the Hollywood Backlot stage to do it outdoors. We would happily sit for multiple sessions of that. It seems like it all boils down to greed, greed, greed and wanting to see how little they can provide and still keep attendance high.

Ugh. Even though we won't be back until at least next year, I feel for you. We LOVE the Animation Academy.

People may complain but they won’t stop going. So in other words I think they could get away with anything and people will still go. Place is always packed.

At some point, people will stop going. I'm getting close, and I never thought I'd say that. I can certainly wait until things are more back to normal. We have a trip planned and paid for over July 4th weekend, but after that, I'm honestly not sure when we will go back. Something significant will have to change. I am not going to keep paying full price for the kind of experience I had 2 weeks ago, that is for sure.

I think things might rough the next month until June 15th when most restrictions can be dropped and Disney can increase ride capacity by a lot / to full.

By "rough", you mean 140+ minutes for radiator springs. this was at like 11 am too. It was like everyone in the park went to cars land. Other rides had long lines too. Monsters Inc got up to at least 55 minutes at one point. So did little mermaid. Midway Mania, similar wait. DCA was definitely nuts today. Parts of the parks felt empty, while others were very packed, but the lines were pretty nuts pretty fast.

We didn't get in early (around 9:20ish), but got in incedicoaster, the carousel, little mermaid, grizzly river, turtle talk and guardians before 1. so, I that's still some good big ticket rides for having essentially gotten in late, but it just felt nuts by the time we left around 1:00.

the light crowd days definitely feel over. I am curious to see how crowds play out over the next year or so.

Last edited:
Just saw that park availability using comp tickets has been unlocked for this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter