• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Kid Books

tweetybird0306

Earning My Ears
I am taking my kids 6 and 4 to Disneyland for the first time in October. Does anyone know of some good picture books to be able to show them what we are going to see. I am sure they can not even imagine right now and I would like to give them a little bit of an idea of what we are going to see. Thanks

:goodvibes

I was wondering the exact same thing this morning...I would love to know as well!

No books that I know of. But there is a Disney Sing-a-Long Songs Video that shows Disneyland. It is not very recent but it does give a good idea of what to expect.

We went last month and for the three months before we spent a lot of time on the disneyland web site, some of the rides show short video clips, which were great. Have a great time. The web address is www.disneyland.com

The only thing I can think of that has pictures of things, is the Birnbaum's guide for 2005. There are colorful pictures enough for your kids to look at and enjoy and also it gives you facts and planning tips. Also there are coupons in the back. October is a very pleasant time to go. pirate:

tweetybird0306 said:
I am taking my kids 6 and 4 to Disneyland for the first time in October. Does anyone know of some good picture books to be able to show them what we are going to see. I am sure they can not even imagine right now and I would like to give them a little bit of an idea of what we are going to see.

I second the vote for the Disneyland Sing Along video. I don't think it is out on DVD. My 2yo DS insists that we watch it every time we get into the car - he has a VHS player in front of his seat.

There is a Disneyland Read Along, and I think I got mine at Target or Toys R Us? It has a small paperback book that comes with the CD and cassette tape and shows pics from the park. My older boys, 7 & 9, freak out about the Haunted Masion on both of these though so be warned. I think it's all for show.

I also have an older book on DL that I picked up super cheap at one of the Disney Outlet sales that come around every so often. You may be able to find something like that used on EBAY. Look for a picture book.

It's really fun getting them excited! It makes the vacation seem longer somehow. :flower:

nemofanatic said:
there is a book by birnbaum. you can find it under the travel section in any book store. click this link to see it on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...53293093&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohostin
That is the regular Birnbaum guide; I always buy the latest edition when I am planning a trip. Even if I get another guide book for more detailed planning tips, there is no other guide that gets me in the magic like the Birnbaum's; love the pictures! I wish they would publish one for kids like they do for WDW, DS loves those!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Sing Along video that was recommended. (I knew I should have spent the extra 3 bucks on express shipping!) I have also been showing my 4 year old DD the short clips of rides on the Disneyland website, so now everyday she asks if she can see the rides. She likes the "funny snowman"! (Matterhorn) :earboy2:

We finally got our Sing Along Tape and DD LOVED it! She wanted to watch it again right after. So thanks for the recommendation it really does show a lot of the park and attractions. :)

Kayla's Mom said:
We finally got our Sing Along Tape and DD LOVED it! She wanted to watch it again right after. So thanks for the recommendation it really does show a lot of the park and attractions. :)

I thought that there was a kid's birbaum guide to Disneyland. I could be wrong though. It is worth checking to see if it still exisits.

I also got my sing-a-long tape and the kids love it. They are so excited and want to watch it all the time. Thank you so much for the idea!! It was perfect!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter